The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What are your thoughts on company's labeling products "Black Owned"?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I have mixed feelings about this. I like that there is some representation and people are seeing who owns what but at the same time, I feel like people are placing targets on businesses based on race. Like if a person of any race is faced with an option to buy from products from companies and businesses that are race-labeled, they are most likely to go with what they identify most with. So in a way, I feel like this is a double-edged sword and it is going to hurt black-owned businesses and companies.

And then I think back in history and this is what the Nazis were doing to Jewish businesses and it really makes me wonder what the agenda is here. Like on the surface, it seems like a good thing but when you look at the entire picture, it seems like there is a dirty motive here. I am already convinced they want to destroy all smaller businesses. They only want big corporations owning and running everything so we will be forced to live under the boot of corps who will bend the knee to big government.

What are your thoughts on this?

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Yeah I can see it either way. Stuff like that has helped me personally and I do tend to look for that tag and buy from those places. But I have seen shops attacked (mostly online) for either tagging themselves as that or selling stuff related to being black owned (I've also seen this with LGBT owned shops)

Deluge

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I'd assume its an advantage overall, like there's gotta be a reason that all these pages and stores lie about being black owned.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I'd assume its an advantage overall, like there's gotta be a reason that all these pages and stores lie about being black owned.
    Facts. We're like an out of focus laser, when we get focused and patronize a business, their sales spike. BlaqDragon is a great example, once they found out about this young brotha making Chinese Food he received more business then he could handle. Reviews say it's great as well.

BlaqDragon | Chinese-American Take Out in CapitolHeights MD

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Zack_puffs

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    It's definitely a double-edged sword. I like it because it helps me support my people but then it also puts a target on their back and shows racists what not to support.
    True, but like still who's winning? the guy trying to step out and being a part of a community with his business or the guy trying to be racist. Racist's are just boring people with a meaningless life. Black businesses can and will rule. If something like an agenda happens like for the jews that's calling for civil war. So just chill and build you community.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Facts. We're like an out of focus laser, when we get focused and patronize a business, their sales spike. BlaqDragon is a great example, once they found out about this young brotha making Chinese Food he received more business then he could handle. Reviews say it's great as well.

BlaqDragon | Chinese-American Take Out in CapitolHeights MD
    I loved the game growing up and still play it so I have to wonder if the owner is a fan or unknowingly did it cause that logo is legit the Mortal Kombat dragon! You see it?
    1200px-Mortal_Kombat_Logo.svg.png

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    True, but like still who's winning? the guy trying to step out and being a part of a community with his business or the guy trying to be racist. Racist's are just boring people with a meaningless life. Black businesses can and will rule. If something like an agenda happens like for the jews that's calling for civil war. So just chill and build you community.

I agree.

I loved the game growing up and still play it so I have to wonder if the owner is a fan or unknowingly did it cause that logo is legit the Mortal Kombat dragon! You see it?
    View attachment 93
    I see it.

Mike06

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    I agree they can't do anything

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I have mixed feelings about this. I like that there is some representation and people are seeing who owns what but at the same time, I feel like people are placing targets on businesses based on race. Like if a person of any race is faced with an option to buy from products from companies and businesses that are race-labeled, they are most likely to go with what they identify most with. So in a way, I feel like this is a double-edged sword and it is going to hurt black-owned businesses and companies.

And then I think back in history and this is what the Nazis were doing to Jewish businesses and it really makes me wonder what the agenda is here. Like on the surface, it seems like a good thing but when you look at the entire picture, it seems like there is a dirty motive here. I am already convinced they want to destroy all smaller businesses. They only want big corporations owning and running everything so we will be forced to live under the boot of corps who will bend the knee to big government.

What are your thoughts on this?
    I think research is key. Just because you see a Black face, doesn't mean it's so. Research everything. If it's NOT what's it's supposed to be, PUT THEM ON BLAST! Social media, Better Business Bureau, Black Business Owners, etc

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I think research is key. Just because you see a Black face, doesn't mean it's so. Research everything. If it's NOT what's it's supposed to be, PUT THEM ON BLAST! Social media, Better Business Bureau, Black Business Owners, etc
    This is very important and being a Black coon should have you treated no better than a white business.

E

educatedman23

So do you like it or now?
    I don't like seeing a sign that says it is Black owned. We wouldn't have to put a sign on our products if we passed this information around to each other. One thing I've noticed is that when other groups of people see that something says Black owned on it, often times they will not buy it when they were thinking of doing so.

ajlamothe

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think that labeling products as Black Owned is a good idea. Marking products as Black Owned lets us know that our people are creating products and not just consuming. The labeling fits a thought process that I use when visiting restaurants: I look for the Black waiter/waitress so I can give them a larger than normal tip after I'm done eating.