The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What are your well known pro-black leader(s) you revered and respected during their time or at this moment.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
Hey B1 family I started this thread to get everyone's favorite and/or well known pro-black leader(s) and also if you want you can add a little auto-bio on that individual(s) as well. I want this thread to be an appreciation for those who gave and are giving their lives today to fight for the empowerment of our people and the generations that come after our generations.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    iu.jpeg

Malcolm X

Malcolm X (born Malcolm Little; May 19, 1925 – February 21, 1965) was an African-American Muslim minister and human rights activist who was a prominent figure during the civil rights movement. A spokesman for the Nation of Islam until 1964, he was a vocal advocate for Black empowerment and the promotion of Islam within the Black community.

This is my hero and I have a picture hanging up behind me as he is a pillar in the community. He championed strength, intelligence, fairness, righteousness, and justice. He is the exemplar of B1 he gave his life for us and I will always be thankful to him for that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uYWDyYNUg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3PaqxblOx0&t=133s

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    View attachment 1025

Malcolm X

Malcolm X (born Malcolm Little; May 19, 1925 – February 21, 1965) was an African-American Muslim minister and human rights activist who was a prominent figure during the civil rights movement. A spokesman for the Nation of Islam until 1964, he was a vocal advocate for Black empowerment and the promotion of Islam within the Black community.

This is my hero and I have a picture hanging up behind me as he is a pillar in the community. He championed strength, intelligence, fairness, righteousness, and justice. He is the exemplar of B1 he gave his life for us and I will always be thankful to him for that.

Malcolm X is an obligatory mention thank you for the added bio brotha. There are some I hope to see mentioned but if not I'll post them myself.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I have been thinking about this thread from just looking at the posts. I dont have a pro black leader i revered. I know of a couple of them including Malcom X. Growing up I got a chance to be around some top black men of the al. country south. One of my old pastors did business with A.G. Gaston. Him and Gaston had a huge impact on Greene County Alabama. It was that and other stories and people who put me on game.Im taking it from there.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Stokely_Carmichael_Garfield_High_School_speech_Seattle_1967.jpg
    Stokely Carmichael aka Kwame Ture

Kwame Ture was a prominent organizer in the civil rights movement in the United States and the global Pan-African movement. Born in Trinidad, he grew up in the United States from the age of 11 and became an activist while attending the Bronx High School of Science.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I'm here to honor The Honorable Minister Dr. Khalid Abdul Muhammad

220px-Khalid_Abdul_Muhammad.jpg

KHALID._AZIM_THOMAS_PHOTO.jpg

khalid-quotes-by-khalid-abdul-muhammad-1638021.jpg

Eo_ajS.gif

"Dr. Khalid Abdul Muhammad has gone under several names while under the leadership of Elijah Muhammad. Aside from Harold Moore, he was also known as Harold Vann and Harold X. The final change to Khalid Abdul Muhammad was not done by him but by his mentor, minister Louis Farrakhan, who took over the leadership from Elijah Muhammad. As Rushaddin, he became Farrakhan’s protege and chief adviser, also one of the most active recruiters within the organization. He was rewarded for his diligence and given leadership of Mosque #27 in Los Angeles, California. He was also appointed Western Regional Minister of the Nation of Islam. Recognizing his strong loyalty to Islam, Farrakhan renamed him after a follower of the prophet Muhammad, Islamic general Khalid ibn al-Walid Khalid. This marked the end of Harold Moore and the birth of Khalid Abdul Muhammad aka the Sword of Allah."_Khalid Abudul Muhammad Biography | African Warrior Scholars

aTCMOL.gif

"Unlike most black speakers who use euphemisms and other literary devices to get their points across, Khalid was very forthright. Khalid Muhammad was perhaps the most openly militant speaker in the history of Islam."_Khalid Abudul Muhammad Biography | African Warrior Scholars

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    5b15b5f19281b.image.jpg
    The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan is the only man whom I've ever seen gather over one million Black men to join in unity.
    We were not forced or commanded to attend the Million Man March, the brothers in attendance arrived under our own free wills. The fact that the Minister was able to galvanize that many Black men to peacefully move solely on the strength of his word is a feat that remains unmatched.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    MLK4.jpg
    We don't use this word enough when we discuss Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., but he was truly a revolutionary. Revisionist history may have repainted Dr. King as a jolly Santa Clause type weak negro, but he was actually the opposite. He was a charismatic leader, a unifier, and ultimately, a martyr.
    Dr. King came closer than anybody else to weakening the infrastructure of American instatutional racism; and even decades after his assasination, he threatens the system so much that there are still postmortem attacks on his character.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    View attachment 1027
    Stokely Carmichael aka Kwame Ture

Kwame Ture was a prominent organizer in the civil rights movement in the United States and the global Pan-African movement. Born in Trinidad, he grew up in the United States from the age of 11 and became an activist while attending the Bronx High School of Science.
    I was blessed to meet and have a very brief conversation with Mr. Ture. Even though he was not in the best of health at the time, he still had a sharp mind and a warrior's spirit.

Dollene

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    View attachment 1025

Malcolm X

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I remember being a young child when I saw the movie. I cried soooooo hard. I could hardly catch my breath.

BeHart

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    John Horse during the Seminole wars. Nat Turner, who went on a killing spree of Whites including his slave owner, and dodged capture from the Army.. The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad and Father Allah for resurrecting Black people from mental death. Minister Farrakhan for his advice on "screwology" taught at colleges and suggesting taking up a technical trade or STEM skill.

Last edited:

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Another Pro black leader and scholar of black academia I would like to add to this thread would be John Henrik Clarke

1639105190272.jpeg

An amazing scholar during his time, John Henrik Clarke was a very influential figure in academia and debated so-called "scholars" of his time and put them all to shame. His insight on the subject of africana studies is bar none.

"Legacy

John Henrick Clarke’s greatest period of influence resides in the 1960’s where he was a prominent intellectual during the Black Power Movement, advocating studies on the African-American experience and the place of Africans in world history. He challenged the views of academic historians and helped shift the way African history was studied and taught.
    Clarke was “a scholar devoted to redressing what he saw as a systematic and racist suppression and distortion of African history by traditional scholars.” And accused his detractors of having Eurocentric views. His writing included six scholarly books and many scholarly articles. He also edited anthologies of writing by African Americans, as well as collections of his own short stories. In addition, he published general interest articles."_John Henrik Clarke - The pioneer who made Africana Studies prominent in Academia

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    474988643.jpg
    Harriet Tubman went so hard for Black Americans, that she was called the "Black Moses". Most people, after escaping slavery, would have been content to build a life in the North and enjoy any peace they could. Not Harriet Tubman. Instead, she joined the Underground Railroad network, and committed herself to rescuing as many Black people from slavery as possible. Fearlessly and selflessly, Harriet made trip after trip back to the South, leading over 700 enslaved Black Americans to freedom in the North. Harriet Tubman was a true rider!

When the Civil War began in 1861, Harriet saw a new opportunity to make a difference. She began working with the Union army as a nurse , a cook, a spy, and a scout. She also was the very first woman to lead an armed expedition during the Civil War!

Icon J.

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Huey Newton was one of our greatest Black leaders because he was so thorough by founding the Black Panthers, the most militant Black organization in America. Huey and Panthers were willing to go toe-to-toe and shoot who Professor Black Truth calls "the thugs with badges". The Black Panther Party was named by the FBI as the number one threat to the internal security of the country, so we can imagine how bad J. Edgar Hoover and the establishment wanted Huey's head. Huey fought through being shot by a racist cop in a shootout, prison, CoIntelPro, and many other challenges until the day he became an ancestor.https://66.media.tumblr.com/2bc238a748d9d55d687308e98680493e/tumblr_njx9lgCEqx1tuy8zto9_1280.jpg

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Huey Newton was one of our greatest Black leaders because he was so thorough by founding the Black Panthers, the most militant Black organization in America. Huey and Panthers were willing to go toe-to-toe and shoot who Professor Black Truth calls "the thugs with badges". The Black Panther Party was named by the FBI as the number one threat to the internal security of the country, so we can imagine how bad J. Edgar Hoover and the establishment wanted Huey's head. Huey fought through being shot by a racist cop in a shootout, prison, CoIntelPro, and many other challenges until the day he became an ancestor.https://66.media.tumblr.com/2bc238a748d9d55d687308e98680493e/tumblr_njx9lgCEqx1tuy8zto9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_njx9lgCEqx1tuy8zto9_1280.jpg
    Just wanted to drop the pic on here for ya
    B1

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    doaxsi.png

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was gifted the Autobiography of Malcolm X in '92, couldn't put it down either. Then the movie came out. I enjoyed the book better than the movie.

The Honorable Minister Dr. Khalid Abdul Muhammad: I miss this man and still have a VHS tape with his speeches at different locations.

MLK: My Grandparents marched with MLK

I want to name more but Im not feeling to well right now and going to lay down.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I was gifted the Autobiography of Malcolm X in '92, couldn't put it down either. Then the movie came out. I enjoyed the book better than the movie.

The Honorable Minister Dr. Khalid Abdul Muhammad: I miss this man and still have a VHS tape with his speeches at different locations.

MLK: My Grandparents marched with MLK

I want to name more but Im not feeling to well right now and going to lay down.
    Get well soon brotha and thank you for your contribution to this thread. Anything more you can add later is still appreciated. B1

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hey B1 family I started this thread to get everyone's favorite and/or well known pro-black leader(s) and also if you want you can add a little auto-bio on that individual(s) as well. I want this thread to be an appreciation for those who gave and are giving their lives today to fight for the empowerment of our people and the generations that come after our generations.
    Fred Hampton

Blackqueen64

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I have many that I respect and most of them come from the militant mindset: starting off with Nat Turner, Demark Vessey, Grabriel Prosser, Boukman, Toussaint Louverture, Jean-Jacques Dessalines, Harriet Tubman, Ida B. Wells, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Khalid Muhammad, Shaka Zulu, Assata Shakur, Huey P. Newton, Bobby Seale, Fred Hampton, Mark Clerk, The Deacons for Defense and Justics, Thomas Sankara, Steve Biko, Winnie Mandela, Kwama Nkrumah, Patrice Lumumba, Jomo Kenyatta, Mumia Abu-Jamal, Stockley Carmichael, Queen Nzinga, and Jamil Al-Amin(formerly known as H. Rap Brown). This is just a small list that stick out, but not the complete list.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I have many that I respect and most of them come from the militant mindset: starting off with Nat Turner, Demark Vessey, Grabriel Prosser, Boukman, Toussaint Louverture, Jean-Jacques Dessalines, Harriet Tubman, Ida B. Wells, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Khalid Muhammad, Shaka Zulu, Assata Shakur, Huey P. Newton, Bobby Seale, Fred Hampton, Mark Clerk, The Deacons for Defense and Justics, Thomas Sankara, Steve Biko, Winnie Mandela, Kwama Nkrumah, Patrice Lumumba, Jomo Kenyatta, Mumia Abu-Jamal, Stockley Carmichael, Queen Nzinga, and Jamil Al-Amin(formerly known as H. Rap Brown). This is just a small list that stick out, but not the complete list.
    This is a great list, I'm going to add bios to these names real soon.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm a Malcolm X fan. The lethal weapon is the mind and by any means necessary are words that I live by.
    Dr. Khalid Abdul Muhammad and Malcom X were in my opinion the epitome of Black Power.