The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What brands do you like in terms of clothing?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I noticed a lot of brands go downhill over the years. The quality and styles just aren't the same anymore. I tend to just find random brands I like that are more affordable and make comfortable clothing but I still have my preferences. Like for shoes and whatnot, I almost always buy Puma. For me, they have made some of the most comfortable footwear out there and if you find it on a deal, you aren't paying much for the quality.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I noticed a lot of brands go downhill over the years. The quality and styles just aren't the same anymore. I tend to just find random brands I like that are more affordable and make comfortable clothing but I still have my preferences. Like for shoes and whatnot, I almost always buy Puma. For me, they have made some of the most comfortable footwear out there and if you find it on a deal, you aren't paying much for the quality.

‘I’m not brand heavy…but there are couple standouts:

Button-Ups: Charles Tyrwitt
    Jeans: Old Navy or American Eagle
    Polos: Hollister
    Shirts: Old Navy
    Suits: Jos A Bank

But I’m more laissez faire nowadays and just get what I like. I’ll shop anywhere for anything if it fits the look I’m going for. I have some $20 running shoes on right now and no one would ever know…I wouldnt run in them though. ☺️

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    ‘I’m not brand heavy…but there are couple standouts:

Button-Ups: Charles Tyrwitt
    Jeans: Old Navy or American Eagle
    Polos: Hollister
    Shirts: Old Navy
    Suits: Jos A Bank

But I’m more laissez faire nowadays and just get what I like. I’ll shop anywhere for anything if it fits the look I’m going for. I have some $20 running shoes on right now and no one would ever know…I wouldnt run in them though. ☺️
    Old Navy has some good shirts. Even dress pants. I have gotten a number of things from them in the last few years and I am impressed. They have cheaper stuff but the quality is impressive.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Old Navy has some good shirts. Even dress pants. I have gotten a number of things from them in the last few years and I am impressed. They have cheaper stuff but the quality is impressive.
    They really do…

…I sometimes find Banana Republic quality items in Old Navy. I don’t really shop at either, ima Ross/marshalls type cat but Old Navy/GAP/BR sometimes be sharing items.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

The only think I absolutely hate about Old Navy is the fact that they use fake pricing. They'll have a pair of jeans that retail for $25.00 but they'll mark them up to $50.00 and say "SALE: Buy one, get one for a penny" to make it look like a come up. It's like no...let me buy one for $25 and GTFOH. So when I go in there and see a fake Sale I just walk out and come back a week or so later to get it at its real price. JC PENNEY and KOHLS do that same crap too...makes it so painful to shop at a place where EVERYTHING is on sale.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The only think I absolutely hate about Old Navy is the fact that they use fake pricing. They'll have a pair of jeans that retail for $25.00 but they'll mark them up to $50.00 and say "SALE: Buy one, get one for a penny" to make it look like a come up. It's like no...let me buy one for $25 and GTFOH. So when I go in there and see a fake Sale I just walk out and come back a week or so later to get it at its real price. JC PENNEY and KOHLS do that same crap too...makes it so painful to shop at a place where EVERYTHING is on sale.
    yo

You should have knew it wasn’t for you when you hear Dua lipa playing over the speakers. mjlol

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    This is true but a lot of stores do this. They pretend you are getting a better deal than you actually are. Like I know the stuff I like goes on sale often so I just shop around sales and promotions. It is shady but once you learn how a store does this, you can work around it.