The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What do you tell your KIDS about how to carry themselves in the STREETS NOW? Maybe this story will help wit dat....

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
MY MAN....
This reminds me of a STORY....
I was 15. A dude went to my High School got shot at a party where it was KNOWN both GDs and VLs were gonna be attending.
My mom brought it up at breakfast. "Baby, it's dangerous out there, and this is why we are so tight on your going places."
MY DUMBASS???
"Oh Ma, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."
I RILLY THOUGHT I was SAYIN' some shit...
Until my father, enjoying his HORRIBLE black coffee, runny eggs over grits and charred toast with apple butter, newspaper open like a map resting on his thigh and the edge of the table, looked up slow, and PUSHED MY WIG BACK, with words that resonate NOW even as I TYPE this:
"Son... there IS no right time to be in the WRONG PLACE. Dig DAT".
..and went BACK to the Sin Times, after changing my outlook.
FOREVER.
Watch your TIME.
WATCHO PLACE.

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I don’t think there is anything you can really tell them if you haven’t instilled common sense and street smarts in them from day.

You have to instill game in your children from day one to have them understand street smarts in the ways that are relevant to them.

The issues they will be dealing with in first grade will be the same issues they will be dealing with the rest of their lives except the stakes often change.

So my answer is if you haven’t done the ground work, nothing you can say will stop a child who got a hard on for the streets from going out there.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Your children will turn out the way you raise them. Lace them with Game, they will be ok. Teach them what's really out there waiting for them, don't sugarcoat anything. If your a sh*ty parent, most like your kids will be sh*ty people as well.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I don’t think there is anything you can really tell them if you haven’t instilled common sense and street smarts in them from day.

You have to instill game in your children from day one to have them understand street smarts in the ways that are relevant to them.

The issues they will be dealing with in first grade will be the same issues they will be dealing with the rest of their lives except the stakes often change.

So my answer is if you haven’t done the ground work, nothing you can say will stop a child who got a hard on for the streets from going out there.

Your children will turn out the way you raise them. Lace them with Game, they will be ok. Teach them what's really out there waiting for them, don't sugarcoat anything. If your a sh*ty parent, most like your kids will be sh*ty people as well.
    These two brothers laced the thread already. The world is filled with vultures who want to use you and your children. You have to prep them for those vultures so that they know what they are visualizing when 3 are circling above them.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    These two brothers laced the thread already. The world is filled with vultures who want to use you and your children. You have to prep them for those vultures so that they know what they are visualizing when 3 are circling above them.
    Street smarts are foundational. If you don’t have it, you have nothing.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Lead by example. That is the best way to raise them.

People make the mistake of the old "do as I say, not as I do" motto and that has a high rate of failure attached to it. Kids become replicas of the people they are around the most. If you start them off right, you set them up for success no matter what comes their way.