The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What do you think about Raiders coach Jon Gruden's emails?

zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
Hey everyone,

What do you think about Jon Gruden's emails that recently surfaced?

Do you feel pressure to agree with the push to label the content homophobic or racist?

Do you think the league is using Gruden as a scapegoat, unwilling to address the blatant racist culture of the NFL in general?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    To me, it’s just the attempted erasure of Black Americans in all forms. Most Americans only read the headlines so based on this article, Jon Gruden is in the hot seat simply for offending LGBT and Women. To your other point, I don’t think they are scapegoating him but I’m sure they are liking that the narrative is moving away from racism.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Hey everyone,

What do you think about Jon Gruden's emails that recently surfaced?

Do you feel pressure to agree with the push to label the content homophobic or racist?

Do you think the league is using Gruden as a scapegoat, unwilling to address the blatant racist culture of the NFL in general?

It’s a deflection for sure, they did a quick hand off from racism to sexism and anti-LGBT with the quickness. I think it just shows white people’s priorities. When it was just racism he was languishing, when he said anti-gay stuff he was gone quickly. In a way it exposes just how racist the NFL actually is.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    To me, it’s just the attempted erasure of Black Americans in all forms. Most Americans only read the headlines so based on this article, Jon Gruden is in the hot seat simply for offending LGBT and Women. To your other point, I don’t think they are scapegoating him but I’m sure they are liking that the narrative is moving away from racism.
    You're right, it doesn't say anything about racism. But I'd heard he made comments about Smythe coach have "Michelin tire lips". I need to find that source.

Do you think they are using this to turn the focus from racism to LGBT? Is that what you mean?

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    It’s a deflection for sure, they did a quick hand off from racism to sexism and anti-LGBT with the quickness. I think it just shows white people’s priorities. When it was just racism he was languishing, when he said anti-gay stuff he was gone quickly. In a way it exposes just how racist the NFL actually is.
    I totally agree. I might say the same for Netflix as well. I'm going to post about them soon. They recently fired a "pregnant black Trans man" over the Dave Chapelle drama.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm from the DMV too! Thanks for commenting!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You're right, it doesn't say anything about racism. But I'd heard he made comments about Smythe coach have "Michelin tire lips". I need to find that source.

Do you think they are using this to turn the focus from racism to LGBT? Is that what you mean?
    Absolutely just like they were trying to do with Stop Asian Hate. Anything to take the heat off of Anti-Black racism.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Absolutely just like they were trying to do with Stop Asian Hate. Anything to take the heat off of Anti-Black racism.
    Precisely. It's an all out war on Black Americans in every facet of society. They must confuse the politic now that we are beginning to have an agenda and very specific demands. We say:

"We have been harmed, we need X:"

The response is:

"What about the gays?"
    "What about the asians?"
    "What about the trans?"

They're are hoping to cause confusion and get us off our square.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You are so right. That Stop-Asian-Hate thing really blew my mind. And now it's over I guess. Haven't heard anything since the crime bill passed
    Yup once they got it done we heard not a peep. It's all a game, if they cared about hate the first thing they would have passed was a Stop Black Hate act.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Precisely. It's an all out war on Black Americans in every facet of society. They must confuse the politic now that we are beginning to have an agenda and very specific demands. We say:

"We have been harmed, we need X:"

The response is:

"What about the gays?"
    "What about the asians?"
    "What about the trans?"

They're are hoping to cause confusion and get us off our square.
    Do you think Trump kept us on our toes?

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Exactly. I think we've fallen back asleep 😴
    The old negroes did, the young people are on it. You can see it when any politician posts anything on social media towards the Black community…it’s non-stop comments of them getting told “Cut the Check”. “Tangibles”, etc.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The old negroes did, the young people are on it. You can see it when any politician posts anything on social media towards the Black community…it’s non-stop comments of them getting told “Cut the Check”. “Tangibles”, etc.
    I'm glad to hear it. Exactly. This is what we have to do. We also need to stop entertaining anyone is who not willing to fight on our front line. We have to see the power of exclusion, not inclusion