The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Is The Fascination With These Stanley Cups And Cups Like Them?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I have been seeing all this chaos on other social media platforms regarding buying them. Can somebody fill me in on the hoopla?
In a nutshell, somebody on TikTok had a cup & the cups became a social media fad. After the craze dies down, you'll be able to find Stanleys at Family Dollar between Furbys & Beanie Babies.

D

Deleted member 1946

In a nutshell, somebody on TikTok had a cup & the cups became a social media fad. After the craze dies down, you'll be able to find Stanleys at Family Dollar between Furbys & Beanie Babies.
I just read this when I googled this information about a minute ago. And you are saying the same thing. You are so right. I can see it now. It was at this high price and now it is at a basement price. When will people ever learn to spend their money wisely and not just buy anything because somebody created a TikTok. Whoever makes those cups is gonna be depressed when sales plummet after the hoopla dies down. Or they might attempt to do the same thing except with another product.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
People are so desperate for attention and being 'in crowd' they will jump on something no matter what.

I guarantee you some if not many people have it on their social media so they can have people ask them how they got it, where can they get one, how much it costs, etc.

If anyone on here got one, nothing personal...haha...let me qualify it.

But there are a lot of people, white folks especially, gotta be in on everything popular.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That’s what I’m gonna do. 👍🏽

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Some people were buying them just to sell them. I guess it is just another case of making some limited or rare and people losing their minds over it? I saw these videos floating around and I just can not with these people though. Like how you going to get THIS obsessed. I understand the hustle but I don't understand being this taken in over a freaking cup with a lid and straw that is overpriced.

D

Deleted member 1946

People are so desperate for attention and being 'in crowd' they will jump on something no matter what.

I guarantee you some if not many people have it on their social media so they can have people ask them how they got it, where can they get one, how much it costs, etc.

If anyone on here got one, nothing personal...haha...let me qualify it.

But there are a lot of people, white folks especially, gotta be in on everything popular.
    Yep. Monkey see monkey do. They gotta do what everybody else is doing instead of thinking for themselves.

D

Deleted member 1946

Some people were buying them just to sell them. I guess it is just another case of making some limited or rare and people losing their minds over it? I saw these videos floating around and I just can not with these people though. Like how you going to get THIS obsessed. I understand the hustle but I don't understand being this taken in over a freaking cup with a lid and straw that is overpriced.
    Yep. And the ones I saw were not even fashionable cups. I didn't see any unique features either.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yep. And the ones I saw were not even fashionable cups. I didn't see any unique features either.
    I think this is down to a major problem that we have seen in America for a long time. Really, in a lot of countries and it is an addiction to consumerism. I know some people that will just buy things to buy them and they will have tags on them or the items will be left in boxes for MONTHS.