The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Kills Us More: White Supremacy or Rap Music

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was just sitting here pondering on a question I wanted to ask the family. What is killing our people more White Supremacy or Rap music?
    Because if you think about it deeply rap music plays a big part in the demise of our people, and we already know how WS works.
    White supremacy. I don’t think rap music is killing our people. A lot of it is ignorant nonsense but economic deprivation, devaluation of our lives, social disenfranchisement are our issues not music.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    White Supremacy controls the distribution of Rap music and they tend to distribute the most negative stuff. So even if Rap Music is killing our people, which I don’t agree with but even if it was it would still tie back to White supremacy.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    White supremacy. I don’t think rap music is killing our people. A lot of it is ignorant nonsense but economic deprivation, devaluation of our lives, social disenfranchisement are our issues not music.
    I think rap music is responsible for a lot of murder, I know there’s a difference in Hip Hop and rap and that there are many different secs of Hip Hop.Lately though the “Rap” that the media and stations been putting out if we’re keeping real is Murder music, eventually you start to act out what you hear or was taught or think is cool. Not to be confused with the hip hop that has a message or that’s just different from the murder music

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think rap music is responsible for a lot of murder, I know there’s a difference in Hip Hop and rap and that there are many different secs of Hip Hop.Lately though the “Rap” that the media and stations been putting out if we’re keeping real is Murder music, eventually you start to act out what you hear or was taught or think is cool. Not to be confused with the hip hop that has a message or that’s just different from the murder music
    So if we removed rap music do you believe the murder would suddenly stop?

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So if we removed rap music do you believe the murder would suddenly stop?
    No it wouldn’t stop because the plan already started.I’m not saying that there wouldn’t be black people killing BP but if gangster music was never introduced I think our numbers would be down.Not going to be a hypocrite and say I don’t listen to it and enjoyed it I just think it’s getting bad for our health.I get it we don’t make the the guns or bring them to the hood but I think rap is a guide

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Suburban White Kids are the largest purchasers of this violent rap music and we don’t see the same murder rates in the suburbs, why? Because the crime is a byproduct of the socioeconomic situation and not the music people are listening to. If Black America had a New Deal plan that revitalized our communities the murder rate would go down. One because there would be more opportunity. Two, we would be empowered and would push the knuckle heads out of the community.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Suburban White Kids are the largest purchasers of this violent rap music and we don’t see the same murder rates in the suburbs, why? Because the crime is a byproduct of the socioeconomic situation and not the music people are listening to. If Black America had a New Deal plan that revitalized our communities the murder rate would go down. One because there would be more opportunity. Two, we would be empowered and would push the knuckle heads out of the community.
    What you’re saying is true which is why we need reparations however White people and kids kill each other in the suburbs and every where else at an alarming rate the media just hides it.Also here in Philly there are plenty well of black suburbs here and they are killing each other just like the people in the hood. Why is that?

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I second this take on it. I do believe we have to be mindful of what we put in our ears but the crime has nothing to do with the music.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    What you’re saying is true which is why we need reparations however White people and kids kill each other in the suburbs and every where else at an alarming rate the media just hides it.Also here in Philly there are plenty well of black suburbs here and they are killing each other just like the people in the hood. Why is that?
    I can‘t answer your question because you have not supplied any statistics or sources to support your claim. First we need to even vet if what you’re saying is even true. If your premise is flawed then it makes no sense to debate it.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can‘t answer your question because you have not supplied any statistics or sources to support your claim. First we need to even vet if what you’re saying is even true. If your premise is flawed then it makes no sense to debate it.
    I’m not trying to debate you lol, I’m just talking from my reality

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I just feel like you do what you’re taught and know and Social media and music are raising most of our kids

Which is true for all American kids:

Common Sense Media, found that overall screen use among teens and tweens increased by 17 percent from 2019 to 2021 — growing more rapidly than in the four years prior. On average, daily screen use went up among tweens (ages 8 to 12) to five hours and 33 minutes from four hours and 44 minutes, and to eight hours and 39 minutes from seven hours and 22 minutes for teens (ages 13 to 18).

The difference is our kids often grow up in economically depressed areas due to White Supremacist policies and as a result have less opportunity. A white boy can be a junky from 18 to 28, clean up, and get himself a 6 figure job. We don‘t have that luxury.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Which is true for all American kids:

The difference is our kids often grow up in economically depressed areas due to White Supremacist policies and as a result have less opportunity. A white boy can be a junky from 18 to 28, clean up, and get himself a 6 figure job. We don‘t have that luxury.
    This is true and I fully agree, I never denied the WS part it’s in my post

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Yes but your reality is not everyone’s reality. It’s totally possible that in your neighborhood that 50% of the murders are due to rap music but when you look at the statistics in total that number could be 2%. But since you don’t want to do any analysis you will never be able to confirm if your viewpoint is accurate.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes but your reality is not everyone’s reality. It’s totally possible that in your neighborhood that 50% of the murders are due to rap music but when you look at the statistics in total that number could be 2%. But since you don’t want to do any analysis you will never be able to confirm if your viewpoint is accurate.
    I’m not speaking on any statistics or even saying it kills us more I just felt like it plays a part in a lot of killing towards our people in my opinion,and was just trying to get the family’s opinion while gaining knowledge

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I’m not speaking on any statistics or even saying it kills us more I just felt like it plays a part in a lot of killing towards our people in my opinion,and was just trying to get the family’s opinion while gaining knowledge
    100% and I gave my opinion and you gave yours and I gave mine, that's all it is. However my opinion still stands that White Supremacy is the biggest killer of Black people. White Supremacy is global and to compare the two is almost in a lot of ways like shifting the blame onto us. Because we accept that rap is what's leading to death in the community then we shift our attention to trying to convert rappers into College Dropout era Kanye West instead of focusing on the system that has deprived us at every turn.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    100% and I gave my opinion and you gave yours and I gave mine, that's all it is. However my opinion still stands that White Supremacy is the biggest killer of Black people. White Supremacy is global and to compare the two is almost in a lot of ways like shifting the blame onto us. Because we accept that rap is what's leading to death in the community then we shift our attention to trying to convert rappers into College Dropout era Kanye West instead of focusing on the system that has deprived us at every turn.
    Got you.Even though I said Rap kills us I would never say nothing kills more than WS lol that’s a fact.That’s Global and has Centuries of it while gangster rap started in the 80’s I was posting that to see where people stood on this.If anybody would have said Rap kills more than WS I would have replied with things along the lines that you are replying to me with

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Got you.Even though I said Rap kills us I would never say nothing kills more than WS lol that’s a fact.That’s Global and has Centuries of it while gangster rap started in the 80’s I was posting that to see where people stood on this.If anybody would have said Rap kills more than WS I would have replied with things along the lines that you are replying to me with

Well you asked it bruh. mjlol

I was just sitting here pondering on a question I wanted to ask the family. What is killing our people more White Supremacy or Rap music?
    Because if you think about it deeply rap music plays a big part in the demise of our people, and we already know how W

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would definitely say it's white supremacy. Even though the music is mostly controlled by white supremacy from a financial standpoint.
    This is what I was trying to get across too. The bad rap music is bankrolled by white supremacy so the question is kind of flawed.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    I don't know a black person who would joke like that, and I noticed you deliberately kept you race blank in your profile... So I suspect you could be a non black.
    Would I be too demanding if I were to expect a moderator to do their due dilligence prior to accusing one of being “suspect”?

If you made even the slightest effort you would see a consistent track record of on code posts going back as far as Aug 25th 2021. It would be impossible for you to remember my post history that far in the past as you had yet to register at that point.

Since you were nowhere to be found last August you would be unaware that the current verification system was non-existent. The racial selector was a single drop down and on this drop down I selected Black as I am a Descendant of American Chattel Slavery.

Now Jay revamped the system a few months later and in it, my original elections went away. I simply have not gone back to update my race to the two field format which is in play til this day.

You will see quite a few posters who have been here longer than you who at face value have not selected a race. But they too have had the same issue where the previous elections weren’t migrated to the two field approach.

Please do some research next time.

Good day.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Would I be too demanding if I were to expect a moderator to do their due dilligence prior to accusing one of being “suspect”?

If you made even the slightest effort you would see a consistent track record of on code posts going back as far as Aug 25th 2021. It would be impossible for you to remember my post history that far in the past as you had yet to register at that point.

Since you were nowhere to be found last August you would be unaware that the current verification system was non-existent. The racial selector was a single drop down and on this drop down I selected Black as I am a Descendant of American Chattel Slavery.

Now Jay revamped the system a few months later and in it, my original elections went away. I simply have not gone back to update my race to the two field format which is in play til this day.

You will see quite a few posters who have been here longer than you who at face value have not selected a race. But they too have had the same issue where the previous elections weren’t migrated to the two field approach.

Please do some research next time.

Good day.
    You've been here that long and still haven't made any selection to your identity?
    If you were being sarcastic in your reply I misread it, which would make that my fault.
    Not having a black, white or any other option in your profile automatically raises flags to me, and not really running across too many of your posts, I'm not too familiar with you.
    If you felt disrespected, that's my bad.
    No harm no foul.
    If you're black, pick the option!

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    You've been here that long and still haven't made any selection to your identity?
    If you were being sarcastic in your reply I misread it, which would make that my fault.
    Not having a black, white or any other option in your profile automatically raises flags to me, and not really running across too many of your posts, I'm not too familiar with you.
    If you felt disrespected, that's my bad.
    No harm no foul.
    If you're black, pick the option!
    I’ll repeat it one more time.

1. I selected my identity when I joined the site Aug 25th, 2021
    2. Jay changed the identity system which caused my selection to disappear
    3. I simply have not adjusted it to the new system.
    If you were familiar with how the board ran, you would be aware that there is no way to “not select” or hide your race. You either pick a race or “refuse to disclose” there is no other option.

So when you see a poster like me, who has been here longer than you without any identity fields you now know why. It’s not a failure to disclose, you cannot fail to disclose, you can only refuse to disclose which is displayed in your profile for all to see.

micarmm is a great example of this.

micarmm

Sixer
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    I’ll repeat it one more time.

1. I selected my identity when I joined the site Aug 25th, 2021
    2. Jay changed the identity system which caused my selection to disappear
    3. I simply have not adjusted it to the new system.
    If you were familiar with how the board ran, you would be aware that there is no way to “not select” or hide your race. You either pick a race or “refuse to disclose” there is no other option.

So when you see a poster like me, who has been here longer than you without any identity fields you now know why. It’s not a failure to disclose, you cannot fail to disclose, you can only refuse to disclose which is displayed in your profile for all to see.

micarmm is a great example of this.
    I refused to disclose initially because I was unfamiliar with the site as I do with all sites I ponder joining. Why? because everyone is after personal intel of some sort when they don't have a need to know. People are hacking major corporations regularly for what? Personal intel! I was lead to believe this was a black-owned site. My sole motivation for joining was to support the site. For the most part all I've encountered are conspiracy theorists, mind readers and those who would disrespect someone they don't know. Normally, my response would be different however, I will not disrespect, berate or fight my own people we already have the whole world doing it. Yes, I'm assuming your all black Americans. I'm a busy man I don't have to be here!

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    I refused to disclose initially because I was unfamiliar with the site as I do with all sites I ponder joining. Why? because everyone is after personal intel of some sort when they don't have a need to know. People are hacking major corporations regularly for what? Personal intel! I was lead to believe this was a black-owned site. My sole motivation for joining was to support the site. For the most part all I've encountered are conspiracy theorists, mind readers and those who would disrespect someone they don't know. Normally, my response would be different however, I will not disrespect, berate or fight my own people we already have the whole world doing it. Yes, I'm assuming your all black Americans. I'm a busy man I don't have to be here!
    I never once attacked you my brother.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I thought two things when I saw this question. One, are you F-ing serious? Two, why are they letting Mzungus on the site?
    usher laughWeird ass question dog. This whole time I thought we needed opportunity for the lil ones but come to find out all I needed was a Miles Davis CD.