Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Kind Of Smart Tech Do You Have In Your Home?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    So I recently got one of those smart bulbs you can control with your phone. It was on sale, only $10 and I wanted to use it to turn a light on when I am not home make it seem like I am there. Also, provide a light for my cats. I am loving this thing. I can make it any color, adjust brightness, put it on a timer, and more. Now I am considering other smart tech for my house. Nothing with cameras though unless it is on my own network.

What kind of smart tech do you have in your home? Anything you plan on getting in the future?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Those lights are awesome! I have some, too.
    If I could make a recommendation to you Sapphire (and anybody else reading this, tbh), get yourself some indoor cameras. It's always good to be able to check any activity inside your house, especially if you have kids or live alone.
    There are good HD cameras on Amazon that allow you to save on a micro SD card and/or local network if you're concerned about privacy.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Those lights are awesome! I have some, too.
    If I could make a recommendation to you Sapphire (and anybody else reading this, tbh), get yourself some indoor cameras. It's always good to be able to check any activity inside your house, especially if you have kids or live alone.
    There are good HD cameras on Amazon that allow you to save on a micro SD card and/or local network if you're concerned about privacy.
    I am looking into getting self-hosted nanny cams just so I can see what my cats are up to while I am at work and to keep an eye on the place since I live in an apartment. Some shifty people moved in over the summer and everyone I talk to don't trust em!