Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Movie(s) Would You Like To See A Remake/Reboot Of?

D

Deleted member 191

This thread was inspired by a post made in Blerd Life by Mud City Savage some time back.

I would love to see a remake or reboot of the following films:

BeBe's Kids - That movie was so funny and so relatable even to someone who was young like me. I knew, and was related to, some "BeBe's Kids".

Ghost - Watching that movie as I got older, I just struggled taking that movie seriously. The believability was so......non-existent. Even if you ARE one of the people that believes in heaven, hell and the afterlife and whatnot.

American Kickboxer - I really feel like martial arts films need to make a comeback. I loved the American Kickboxer series and would really enjoy watching a reimagining of it.

What movie(s) would you like to see be remade or rebooted?

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Harlem Nights or Boomerang for me. It would have to be written and directed by someone who is connected to the culture before the agenda began to take effect. I'd also like to see BAPS brought current, it was a movie truly ahead of its time.

H
    HailCzr85
    Harlem Nights and Baps was good!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I loved this movie:

Such a Great War movie…I like to see it done again but not by a Michael Bay. From like a Christopher Nolan.

H
    HailCzr85
    Yeah Michael would turn it into some futuristic Transformers movie with nothing but explosions every 30secs. Chris would actually make the ATTEMPT to do the original justice.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    This thread was inspired by a post made in Blerd Life by Mud City Savage some time back.

I would love to see a remake or reboot of the following films:

BeBe's Kids - That movie was so funny and so relatable even to someone who was young like me. I knew, and was related to, some "BeBe's Kids".

Ghost - Watching that movie as I got older, I just struggled taking that movie seriously. The believability was so......non-existent. Even if you ARE one of the people that believes in heaven, hell and the afterlife and whatnot.

American Kickboxer - I really feel like martial arts films need to make a comeback. I loved the American Kickboxer series and would really enjoy watching a reimagining of it.

What movie(s) would you like to see be remade or rebooted?
    Co-sign Bebe's Kids being remade 🙌🏿👍🏿

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Cutthroat Island. I remember watching it when it was on TV awhile ago thinking the movie isn't bad but it didn't quite have a spark to it. They can rewrite it and recast it, making it modern but fix the issues with the movie. This would be better than making a female led Pirates of the Caribbean lol

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Cutthroat Island. I remember watching it when it was on TV awhile ago thinking the movie isn't bad but it didn't quite have a spark to it. They can rewrite it and recast it, making it modern but fix the issues with the movie. This would be better than making a female led Pirates of the Caribbean lol
    THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU was strange, but intriguing.
    AEON FLUX was also good.
    LOVE & BASKETBALL I'll never get tired of.
    NEW JACK CITY. The return of Nino Brown.
    TRAINING DAY, but Hoyt trains another partner. Darrin Dewitt Henson preferably.
    THE ISLAND, but nobody could ever replace Michael Clark Duncan. ❤️RIP❤️
    SOUL FOOD, Ahmad's all grown up & married with children.
    Gonna stop, getting carried away. 😁

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    TRAINING DAY, but Hoyt trains another partner. Darrin Dewitt Henson preferably.
    I mean that was a solid movie already. I wouldn't want them to remake it but they can do a second one, like a sequel or they can make it with new characters even. It is over 20 years old at this point and I think people would love another movie like this. There would be no replacing Denzel though!