Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Should I Start In March?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I got some grow lights off of Amazon to start seeds indoors. I am just not sure what I should start in March. I know some stuff can be started in advance though. I want to have things started so I can get things growing faster. I am very new to gardening though so I really don't know what to start with. We are still going to be getting some snow yet in Michigan.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I got some grow lights off of Amazon to start seeds indoors. I am just not sure what I should start in March. I know some stuff can be started in advance though. I want to have things started so I can get things growing faster. I am very new to gardening though so I really don't know what to start with. We are still going to be getting some snow yet in Michigan.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I did some research and thanks for the information. Found out I can start cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers in March. So I will get things going for those soon. I have to decide what all I want to grow and get things set up. I want to make sure I am going to use what I am growing.

Any tips for pests? I want to try to avoid pesticides if possible.

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    1677075175406.png
    Companion planting is a great way to rid your garden of pests and even attract pollinators. This chart doesn't go into a lot of detail but this article breaks it down pretty well.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I did some research and thanks for the information. Found out I can start cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers in March. So I will get things going for those soon. I have to decide what all I want to grow and get things set up. I want to make sure I am going to use what I am growing.

Any tips for pests? I want to try to avoid pesticides if possible.
    My husband suggested that I use Dawn Dishwashing Liquid. It doesn't hurt plants & insects hate it. 1/4 Dawn & 3/4 water in a spray bottle.

R'Gos Rho

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Revitalizing a YouTube series I was making. Mainly identifying properties of flora and matching it with either internet results or literature.

High time to learn what is in your local flora environment. May this video help inspire you to learn what’s in your proximity. You never know when you may need to extract from it.

Of Almonds & Galls