The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What was life like for you during the beginning of the pandemic

zBucks
The pandemic hit us way back in early 2020, and it has been going on since. I feel like it's never going to end, but I'm hopeful for soon. Anyway, I was wondering how you guys dealt with the pandemic early on. Were you let go at your job like pretty much everyone else? I got let go of my work for a while, which was a burden in itself, but unemployment helped. But they could have easily helped with more stimulus checks.

Most of the time I was out of work, I tried to find online work and when I couldn't find anything else, I just gamed and watched movies.

How did it go for you starting out?

Manta

Registered
zBucks
I was all over the place. I sell online so I was worried about how the shutdown would affect my income. It took a hit in the beginning but it actually ended up working out because more people shopped online last year lol
Same here. My online sales tanked for about 10 days and the skyrocketed. Had a very very good year income wise. But very slow now since everything is opening up.

chinwe

Registered
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
When the pandemic started, I thought it was something that would last for a little while and then disappear. As it started spreadig all over the world with the death toll rising, I became really terrified. my finances were not in any way effected but the major problem I had was not being able to get the things I needed and also being confined in my house.

Heatice

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Canada
It wasn't easy for most people during the time of the pandemic of coronavirus. A lot of people lost their jobs, the fortunate one's worked from home and some had their pay slashed. I was able to work from home at the time and it wasn't easy dealing with the panic everyone was going through and having to work at the same time.

equis

Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
What a rollercoaster. Well, job wise, I was a marketer for a restaurant and I primarily marketed their catering services. As the pandemic worsened I slowly saw the change in society at the ground level and there was more suspicion between people and businesses became more restrictive. I didn't know much about this virus so I was a bit stressed having to go out and interact with so many people. I'd visit doctor's offices on my runs and take free face masks and gloves. Heck, I remember getting in an argument with someone at Sam's Club because I was the only one wearing a face mask, then everything reversed later on (that's a different story). But in March of 2022 I was called back to the restaurant in the middle of a run and they had told me that it's becoming too dangerous to have me out there and I was let go. I since became an insurance agent and worked in various gigs, tried some sales jobs, and currently am getting into tech. One big thing that came out of the pandemic was The Black Narrative, since we began around the start of COVID. So my life has drastically changed pre vs post pandemic.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It was an odd time, I know it was odd for everyone. In April of 2020 my schedule changed, I would work every other week and there were times where I wouldn't work for a couple of weeks during the month of May and June. Finally in July of 2020, my schedule went back to normal. I work in a factory, and there were times where we just didn't get the supplies we needed for our work.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I found it very difficult adjusting with being cooked up in the house for a very long time. Being the outdoor kind of person, it was very challenging for me. I became home sick more than I can remember, thankfully I didn't break down otherwise my family would have thought that I had caught COVID.