Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What was your first online gaming beef about?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
I've gamed online for a long time, probably since 2002 or 3 or so. I don't remember. I know the first game I played online was Star Craft. But I really remember my time with Call of Duty 4, gaming with my friends on the 360. And I remember the game lobbies back then being a mess of idiots, screaming children, racists, and just outright annoying douche bags. But, it was the appeal in a way, you can argue with a bunch of assholes. It was kind of fun at times, but some gamers can be a bit annoying.

Anyway, what was your first online gaming beef? Maybe you got into it with another gamer and argued over voice, or someone was cheating or utilizing hacks in turn resulting in arguing.

I remember one time playing COD 4, I was just playing alone, but the match I was in was weird. This one guy kept changing teams whenever one would start to lose. I called the guy out for it, but he didn't care, kept doing it until he was on the winning team. I ended up blocking the guy, because I didn't want to get stuck in another game like that. Surprisingly that's the only time I witnessed that in an online game. Usually you can't change teams midmatch in COD, so it was always weird to me how he was able to do it.

Have any stories to share?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Mine was on World of Warcraft LOL I used to play that with an ex of mine. I played for about a year. This dude on the server I was a part of helped me with some quests and a few of the other people who had been begging for help (he ignored them) got mad so they started harassing me. Anytime they got an opportunity to do pvp against me, they would and I wouldn't be able to win cause there was 2 to 5 of them every time. They found out I was a female and started saying all kinds of sexist crap and one found out I was mixed so they started with the n bombs. I ended up leaving the server to join another one.

This was in like 2008 or 2009 when I was 15. I haven't played the game since.