Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What will it take for black people to collectively leave these social media apps alone?

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
There's a blatant bias against black people that go against the liberal narrative yet we still congregate on Twitter, Facebook, IG, etc. I get banned for using the N word yet a white person can say the same with a hard R and it'll thousands of reports to get it taken down, let alone them getting suspended, we literally had to make up names for white people like flour rangers to avoid being suspended. When are we going to get it? I say we because even I'm still on those apps. When will we collectively leave?

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Unfortunately, a lot of Black people do not learn their lesson until the Lion is approaching their neck. I feel that in America we underestimate the amount of Black people that genuinely believe that the White man’s ice is colder.

They would rather make 10 accounts on twitter than make one on a Black owned platform. If it’s white owned it’s immediately considered legitimate.

Twiddle_My_Fiddle

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is that true online however? Is typing twitter.com more convenient than typing 6ZEROS.net?
    Fair enough. I think a better way to say what I actually intended is that Twitter has a bigger brand name than 6zeros. People tend to care more about the brand than the product, ya know? Obviously, this is probably the better platform for black people, but the BRAND IS KING 👑.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Fair enough. I think a better way to say what I actually intended is that Twitter has a bigger brand name than 6zeros. People tend to care more about the brand than the product, ya know? Obviously, this is probably the better platform for black people, but the BRAND IS KING 👑.
    But Black people are often the ones who make these brands hot. So why do they gravitate to new white apps in droves and then let the Black ones whither on the vine? We see this in all aspects of society. We give white people much more leeway and understanding than we do ourselves. We go to a Black hair supply and if one thing is slightly more expensive we’ll go to the Koreans. But on the flip side the Koreans will never go to us even if we were 5 dollars cheaper.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    you'll never see a large group of Black people leave a social media platform, not enough to damage the venue. We have too many of us that need attention and everyday drama. It's hard to get enough of us in large numbers to get on code, the protest against 106 proved that. there should've been hundreds of Black people out there, seeing so few out there, really disappointed me, especially in Kali.

Twiddle_My_Fiddle

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    But Black people are often the ones who make these brands hot. So why do they gravitate to new white apps in droves and then let the Black ones whither on the vine? We see this in all aspects of society. We give white people much more leeway and understanding than we do ourselves. We go to a Black hair supply and if one thing is slightly more expensive we’ll go to the Koreans. But on the flip side the Koreans will never go to us even if we were 5 dollars cheaper.
    I guess a lot of black people still value non-black people's shit because we're not wanted by these different peoples ironically. It's like when a club's exclusive, it drives the value of being a member up. We have to put value in being black and make that exclusive to blacks.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I guess a lot of black people still value non-black people's shit because we're not wanted by these different peoples ironically. It's like when a club's exclusive, it drives the value of being a member up. We have to put value in being black and make that exclusive to blacks.
    I think this is the answer. It's like when we feel validated when we see a person of another ethnicity/race performing our music or dance. We need to stop looking for that external validation for what we do. All that matters is that we like it and we cherish it. We need to think like that an then monetize internally. Don't let anyone who is not us try to sell what we do to us.

Twiddle_My_Fiddle

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    you'll never see a large group of Black people leave a social media platform, not enough to damage the venue. We have too many of us that need attention and everyday drama. It's hard to get enough of us in large numbers to get on code, the protest against 106 proved that. there should've been hundreds of Black people out there, seeing so few out there, really disappointed me, especially in Kali.
    I mean in all fairness, there isn't a lot of blacks in California anyway. Plus, it was put together on short notice. People can't just drop everything and go, especially those across the country.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I mean in all fairness, there isn't a lot of blacks in California anyway. Plus, it was put together on short notice. People can't just drop everything and go, especially those across the country.
    It was also during work hours in a very traffic heavy area. So while I understand people's disappointment, Burbank sucks to get to on a work day. If 3 people show up on a Saturday with ample notice then I will be concerned. The upside is there were more people there the second protest than the first.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I read somewhere once that it was black folks who got IG popping and we are over represented on twitter. That said, social media can be a powerful tool.

I think black folks are on it tough talking about inane things in large part because black masses ain't got sh*t popping and its our entertainment, keeps us busy on BS. The people I know who are making great money, got things popping aren't on social media tough at all and the majority of their social media is related to what they are doing.

I think eventually you will see a black owned and run platform that will take a good chunk of black folks off the major social media platforms (6 zeroes hopefully being on of them). I'm actually surprised no black person who has money and into venture capitalism hasn't tried..but now that I think about it, they wouldn't because we need white validation generally.

Anyway, social media served as a powerful tool in George Floyd marches to get people organized and connected. Tariq Nasheed tried creating an social media app called MoorUS. The Indian programmers kept effing it up and I am going to put on my tin foil hat and say I think it wad 100 percent sabotaged for obvious reasons. Anything transformative for black folks you gotta keep it in the family as much as possible. There is all the incentive in the world for non black folks to make sure it isn't successful.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It was also during work hours in a very traffic heavy area. So while I understand people's disappointment, Burbank sucks to get to on a work day. If 3 people show up on a Saturday with ample notice then I will be concerned. The upside is there were more people there the second protest than the first.
    Is there a video of the 2nd protest? I only saw the video with the racist Latinos / Mexicans harassing the Black protesters and calling them "racist", "homophobic", etc.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is there a video of the 2nd protest? I only saw the video with the racist Latinos / Mexicans harassing the Black protesters and calling them "racist", "homophobic", etc.
    Yes there is I’ll look for it in a bit. There was about 25 people out there. Some coon came out there starting trash but they made him feel uncomfortable and he went on his way. There is about 20 minutes of footage out there.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I read somewhere once that it was black folks who got IG popping and we are over represented on twitter. That said, social media can be a powerful tool.

I think black folks are on it tough talking about inane things in large part because black masses ain't got sh*t popping and its our entertainment, keeps us busy on BS. The people I know who are making great money, got things popping aren't on social media tough at all and the majority of their social media is related to what they are doing.

I think eventually you will see a black owned and run platform that will take a good chunk of black folks off the major social media platforms (6 zeroes hopefully being on of them). I'm actually surprised no black person who has money and into venture capitalism hasn't tried..but now that I think about it, they wouldn't because we need white validation generally.

Anyway, social media served as a powerful tool in George Floyd marches to get people organized and connected. Tariq Nasheed tried creating an social media app called MoorUS. The Indian programmers kept effing it up and I am going to put on my tin foil hat and say I think it wad 100 percent sabotaged for obvious reasons. Anything transformative for black folks you gotta keep it in the family as much as possible. There is all the incentive in the world for non black folks to make sure it isn't successful.
    I wouldn’t assume the Indians messed it up on purpose. Building an app is difficult and if the proprietor is not knowledgeable they will mess up the project on their own. I’m currently developing my second mobile app which is the 6ZEROS app and I could easily screw development up with scope creep, inconsistent requirements documentation or untimely feedback.

You mix in time delays and language issues and you have a recipe for disaster. I used a team of developers in Novosibirsk, Russia for my first app and I had to wake up at 1AM for progress checks. I also conducted an IT Workshop for a team of Indians that worked at Tata Communications in Pune and I had to do an 8 hour day for a whole week and they were 13 hours ahead.

If you don’t have the knowledge and commitment the development ain’t going to work out.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

You know how anti-Black and incompetent too many of those East Indians are. They also love running and doing a lot of scams, phishing, data theft, identity theft, and exploitative hacks along with these other Asians, Russians, Ukrainians, etc. They cannot be trusted with managing our goals, our data, our missions, and our platforms. He should have tried hiring and/or interning any available Black programmers and Black IT students and gave preference to on code FBA people who are qualified. Overseas employees may be cheap, but you get what you pay for and it comes with serious risks that would pose a threat (especially security wise) to us and our goals.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What we should do is just make a social media site just for us. I'm surprised there isn't one already, considering how often we're screwed over on social media platforms. I rarely comment or post on social media anymore, because what is the point? So many people argue, throw hate, and it just keeps continuing and no matter what you say or do, it's never ending. I just ignore social media to begin with, because it doesn't serve a purpose for me anymore.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What we should do is just make a social media site just for us. I'm surprised there isn't one already, considering how often we're screwed over on social media platforms. I rarely comment or post on social media anymore, because what is the point? So many people argue, throw hate, and it just keeps continuing and no matter what you say or do, it's never ending. I just ignore social media to begin with, because it doesn't serve a purpose for me anymore.
    We have one called BlackPlanet. It still exists and it was the one of the first social media platforms, if not the first. It was popular at one point before MySpace, Facebook, YouTube and nem came along. One thing to keep in mind is that whites and non-Blacks love to infiltrate and colonize our spaces and places. There's always at least 1 snow roach or 1 pest of color crawling from the walls either making itself known or hiding in digital Blackface looking for Black "meat" and fetishizing Black people and/or looking to troll and sow seeds of confusion, chaos, and distrust. And then you have some coons, traitors, and fools aiding them and their mission. Look what happened to Lipstick Alley and how the Admin refuses to keep things exclusive and do anything about its problematic and anti-Black racist users, and how the Coli forum had to keep some of its snow roaches while disabling registration completely.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

ladytlw67

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There's a blatant bias against black people that go against the liberal narrative yet we still congregate on Twitter, Facebook, IG, etc. I get banned for using the N word yet a white person can say the same with a hard R and it'll thousands of reports to get it taken down, let alone them getting suspended, we literally had to make up names for white people like flour rangers to avoid being suspended. When are we going to get it? I say we because even I'm still on those apps. When will we collectively leave?
    I know what you mean. If it wasn't for family, friends, and church members still using these platforms for our get togethers, I would have left long ago.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We will only leave when we are not allowed to access them, which will never happen because they need our free intellectual property to profit from, it's a new, free way/tool to conduct counterintelligence research on us, and our consumption equates to more revenue for them. I left them all. I do have a FB but never use it, it's for keeping tabs on family who refuse to leave.

If they don't kick us off, we ain't leaving.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    I don't see us ever giving up on social media. I don't really post anything on social media, I don't interact with people. But I still like it for checking out the news, what my friends and family are up to and so on. But I don't ever use it for commenting on politics or arguing with idiots about something dumb.

I'm sure some people will stop using said social media sites, but I think there would need to be something huge to get us all away from social media. And like MarleyK20 said, if they don't kick us off, we ain't leaving.

Some of us will sure, but there will be a ton who will choose to stick around.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't see us ever giving up on social media. I don't really post anything on social media, I don't interact with people. But I still like it for checking out the news, what my friends and family are up to and so on. But I don't ever use it for commenting on politics or arguing with idiots about something dumb.

I'm sure some people will stop using said social media sites, but I think there would need to be something huge to get us all away from social media. And like MarleyK20 said, if they don't kick us off, we ain't leaving.

Some of us will sure, but there will be a ton who will choose to stick around.
    Mastermind is talking about leaving to go to other Black spaces not just leaving without a viable alternative.

E

educatedman23

We will only leave when we are not allowed to access them, which will never happen because they need our free intellectual property to profit from, it's a new, free way/tool to conduct counterintelligence research on us, and our consumption equates to more revenue for them. I left them all. I do have a FB but never use it, it's for keeping tabs on family who refuse to leave.

If they don't kick us off, we ain't leaving.
    I honestly think they do cointerintelligence with a portion of the Black social media sites too. The reason I say this is everytime our people get up and do something, they secretly finance certain Black people and direct some of them there while it looks like some of them came from the grass roots.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am not going to leave the mainstream platforms. I learn the most useful stuff there.
    You don’t have to leave but Black people need to start making Black platforms their primary. We have the propensity to learn just as much if not more on platforms we own and control. As the censorship grows on the white owned platforms we will not be able to have real beneficial conversations that enrich us. It’ll be a bunch of tik tok nonsense.

E

educatedman23

You don’t have to leave but Black people need to start making Black platforms their primary. We have the propensity to learn just as much if not more on platforms we own and control. As the censorship grows on the white owned platforms we will not be able to have real beneficial conversations that enrich us. It’ll be a bunch of tik tok nonsense.
    How do we know Black folks truly control these Black owned platforms? Just like the powers that be control Facebook, Twitter, and some of the lesser known White ones etc. I would be naive to believe that a portion of these Black owned platforms are not also controlled by them while having a Black face on them.

E

educatedman23

I do agree that we should be on the Black platforms. They need to have features I want.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How do we know Black folks truly control these Black owned platforms? Just like the powers that be control Facebook, Twitter, and some of the lesser known White ones etc. I would be naive to believe that a portion of these Black owned platforms are not also controlled by them while having a Black face on them.
    Research is your friend. You also have to keep your eyes and ears open because a White owned and ran site is not gong to allow certain speech on it. If they talking about Black and Brown, Democrats, LGBT then it's a great sign that it's not independent economically or mentally.
    I do agree that we should be on the Black platforms. They need to have features I want.
    Yes but we also have to work with those platforms too. We can't look at a Black platform and down it because it doesn't have the feature set of a multi-millionaire dollar white owned alternative. If they are making progress and look to be well ran we must support it. It'll eventually provide what we need but not without our support. We cannot have group economics without a group.

E

educatedman23

Research is your friend. You also have to keep your eyes and ears open because a White owned and ran site is not gong to allow certain speech on it. If they talking about Black and Brown, Democrats, LGBT then it's a great sign that it's not independent economically or mentally.

Yes but we also have to work with those platforms too. We can't look at a Black platform and down it because it doesn't have the feature set of a multi-millionaire dollar white owned alternative. If they are making progress and look to be well ran we must support it. It'll eventually provide what we need but not without our support. We cannot have group economics without a group.
    I don't expect them to have everything. I don't even use all the features on the White platforms. Some of them I don't even know exist.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It would also say that it's possible for the other to social engineer/hack their way in and cause mad confusion, misdirect folks, etc ... You just gotta keep that third eye open

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I have experienced that on Facebook at one point. I was banned as they said I was a bully while the guy I was in a war of words got a pass. I was shocked to death. After that incident, I had to cut down my time on Facebook drastically.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Blacks with the financial resources to do it (Venture capitalist Robert F. Smith, and other black venture capitalists 25+ Black VCs and Investors That Financially Support Black Entrepreneurs | BAUCE ) don't want to and the ones that want to don't have the massive financial resources to do it.

This site specifically is a fantastic area, that I hope grows and surprised its not even bigger given the present climate for blacks. As an aside, we need to spread the word to people we know. I've been telling folks to join here.

A black run space, that can take on twitter and IG or youtube would go over huge. Globally, people will go to such a black space. Everyone wants to know what Black America is into, talking about, etc. No other group of people are as followed, hands down.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Blacks with the financial resources to do it (Venture capitalist Robert F. Smith, and other black venture capitalists 25+ Black VCs and Investors That Financially Support Black Entrepreneurs | BAUCE ) don't want to and the ones that want to don't have the massive financial resources to do it.

This site specifically is a fantastic area, that I hope grows and surprised its not even bigger given the present climate for blacks. As an aside, we need to spread the word to people we know. I've been telling folks to join here.

A black run space, that can take on twitter and IG or youtube would go over huge. Globally, people will go to such a black space. Everyone wants to know what Black America is into, talking about, etc. No other group of people are as followed, hands down.
    My goal is to be that site and I believe we have the capability to do it. The goal is to grow engagement with the Mobile App, further monetization to grow revenue, and use that to reinvest into the platform.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Social media is trash, I hope more and more people will see that and leave. None of my family wants to leave Facebook. My parents however don't even have any social media accounts believe it or not! I browse Twitter every once in a while just to keep tabs on the Sonic community, since I'm a Sonic nerd but that's about it. I hope more people discover this site, we just gotta keep spreading the word!

E

educatedman23

Social media is trash, I hope more and more people will see that and leave. None of my family wants to leave Facebook. My parents however don't even have any social media accounts believe it or not! I browse Twitter every once in a while just to keep tabs on the Sonic community, since I'm a Sonic nerd but that's about it. I hope more people discover this site, we just gotta keep spreading the word!
    I agree social media is trash. A bunch of time wasting stuff is on there.

E

educatedman23

My goal is to be that site and I believe we have the capability to do it. The goal is to grow engagement with the Mobile App, further monetization to grow revenue, and use that to reinvest into the platform.
    Of course you can. It is a matter of staying grounded as you grow. I have seen so many people who started off well and the money/success/fame got to their head and they lost everything. I love seeing us having sustained success.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Of course you can. It is a matter of staying grounded as you grow. I have seen so many people who started off well and the money/success/fame got to their head and they lost everything. I love seeing us having sustained success.
    I’m pretty even headed and I hate yes men so I think I’ll be fine. I have a lot to be arrogant about now and it still hasn’t gotten to me. I feel like the more success I get I get more selective but I have never been one to feel like I was better than others. I want to be just this approachable 5 years from now.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ignorance is a major problem with blacks in America. I say it out of love. So many need to wake up and get their shit together. They let this depraved culture guide them through life. The one conspired for them by "those who can't be named" to keep them enslaved to a system that keeps them on the bottom. We are not going to rise up until more start waking up, strapping up, and making moves. We need to stop supporting shit that destroys our people. Bad food. Bad music. Bad lifestyles. If we can get enough of our people out of this trap, we will rise up.

E

educatedman23

"Ain't Nobody on There" is what a lot of our folks say when it comes to supporting Black social media.

E

educatedman23

Ignorance is a major problem with blacks in America. I say it out of love. So many need to wake up and get their shit together. They let this depraved culture guide them through life. The one conspired for them by "those who can't be named" to keep them enslaved to a system that keeps them on the bottom. We are not going to rise up until more start waking up, strapping up, and making moves. We need to stop supporting shit that destroys our people. Bad food. Bad music. Bad lifestyles. If we can get enough of our people out of this trap, we will rise up.
    What is even crazier is many of our folks think we are making decisions for ourselves.