Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What's In Your Get Home & Bug Out Bags?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
First things first, you (yes, YOU) need a bug out bag that is packed and ready in case of emergency.
Now down to business. This thread is meant to help all of us brainstorm & share info that can help all of us to build, streamline, or modify our bugout & get home bags.
Please either list or post pics of the contents of your bags so that we can have a prepared community of Sixers. Also, please feel free to comment on what you think we should add/subtract from our bags. 👊🏾✊🏾💪🏾

I'll go first and describe my get home bag:

My get home backpack stays in my car & goes everywhere I do. It is designed to help me get home if I'm stranded somewhere outside of my immediate area. Your get home bag is of no use to you if leave it at home!
  • Laptop backpack from Walmart (it's a plain looking bag that doesn't scream "steal me")
  • First aid/boo boo kit for minor cuts, scrapes, bites, & burns
  • Super bright LED pocket flashlight
  • Folding pocket knife (usually kept on my body)
  • 9mm pistol & spare magazine plus another pistol on my body
  • Fire kit
  • Bottled water, granola bars, & tuna/crackers kit
  • Sillcock key so I can refill my water bottle
  • Small prybar
  • Gloves
  • Power kit: solar charger, wall charger, 2 USB cables
  • Multi tool
  • Solar emergency radio
  • Pair of clean socks (I plan to buy some moleskin, too)
  • 2 bandanas
  • Rain poncho
  • Space blanket
  • 2 hand warmers
  • 10 feet of paracord
  • Small ratcheting screwdriver kits
  • Box cutter
  • Pen, notepad, & Sharpie
  • A few ziplock bags
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Hand wipes
  • Light jacket (not there in the summer, & I sometimes swap it for a hoodie)
Everything is sorted into small sandwich bags, and there is still a lot of room left in the backpack, and the bag is very light. The 2 heaviest things are the pistol and the power kit.
Also, I don't have any shelter items listed because I'm usually never more than a day's walk from my house. If I really need shelter, I have a 2 person tent that I keep in my trunk. Since I'm in an urban area, I can stop for breaks if necessary, but ideally I would be back at home before I need to sleep.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I keep seeing this post and want to lie about what I got but I ain't got shit. If a hurricane hit nigga I'm gone with the wind.
You can start with some stuff you have at home already. Anything is better than nothing.