The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What's up with the push for women to be proud and fat?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I am not trying to be disrespectful, if you love yourself the way you are more power to you but past a certain point of weight gain... It just isn't a good look. It isn't healthy either. I keep seeing this being pushed on women, especially women of color. How is this a good thing long-term? Like yeah, you feel better about yourself and I am happy for you but do you want to die in your 40's? Do you want to struggle with health conditions your whole life and live miserably? I don't know man. I feel like this is doing an injustice to women. Loving yourself means you want to take care of yourself. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve your health for your own sake. Having some extra weight is one thing but once you are obese, it just isn't good. Maybe this is just me.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am not trying to be disrespectful, if you love yourself the way you are more power to you but past a certain point of weight gain... It just isn't a good look. It isn't healthy either. I keep seeing this being pushed on women, especially women of color. How is this a good thing long-term? Like yeah, you feel better about yourself and I am happy for you but do you want to die in your 40's? Do you want to struggle with health conditions your whole life and live miserably? I don't know man. I feel like this is doing an injustice to women. Loving yourself means you want to take care of yourself. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve your health for your own sake. Having some extra weight is one thing but once you are obese, it just isn't good. Maybe this is just me.

It’s just promoting degenerate behaviors in the Black community. That’s why when parades around these overweight people it’s some minstrel like a lizzo who will get up and twerk too. Where‘s the white Lizzo or Lil Nas X?

E

educatedman23

One of the points is to make society more unhappy. This would make some women unhappy because of the extra weight. A portion of the men would be unhappy as well since many want a woman who is in shape. I also see the same thing with them showing a lot of overweight men as well. The same things I said would apply to the women when they see an abundance of overweight men.