The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

When do you think this nonsense will end?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Between people still living in fear over the virus damn near 2 years later, issues with stock and shortages, inflation hitting every aspect of our lives... When is this nonsense going to end? I am over here trying to plan for my future and I am afraid to take any step forward when it comes to finances cause ish just seems to keep getting worse. I can't imagine how other people are handling this. I don't want to live like this though. People are out there dragging their feet, I don't want to do the same.

Do you see any signs of improvement in terms of the virus, shortages, or inflation? Are we on are way out yet or are we still heading down?

D

Deleted member 191

I have a question because I always find those who were living in fear interesting to talk to. Especially after they realize, as our Brother Malcolm would say, "You've been had."

My question is this: If you had placed as much energy into staying the course on plans for your financial/wealth generating future as you did into fearing the scare-mongering tactics of mainstream media/US Government, how much further along in your plans do you think you'd be right now? Would you have just gone ahead and started that business? Would you have made small investments and then increased as you saw growth or divested as you saw new opportunities arise? Or would you envision just doing what you did?

Hind sight is 20/20, of course, but I'm always interested in what the "living-in-fear" folks would have done differently. Because many are unhappy with themselves at how easily they fell for the okie doke.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Between people still living in fear over the virus damn near 2 years later, issues with stock and shortages, inflation hitting every aspect of our lives... When is this nonsense going to end? I am over here trying to plan for my future and I am afraid to take any step forward when it comes to finances cause ish just seems to keep getting worse. I can't imagine how other people are handling this. I don't want to live like this though. People are out there dragging their feet, I don't want to do the same.

Do you see any signs of improvement in terms of the virus, shortages, or inflation? Are we on are way out yet or are we still heading down?
its never going to go back the way it was. Thats the carrot they keep dangling people with these booster shots. I would prepare for the worst and do your best to set yourself up to survive these next 10 years. if you look at what happened 100 years ago, around this time we had two world wars, a great depression and a weird dust bowl that significantly shifted the population in the U.S. These things happen. But we've definitely hit a tipping point. The only way through this next period is to move forward.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
This is the main reason we need to circle the wagons as Black people. THey are going to do their damnedest to squeeze us out of the resources until we are like the Palestineans--if not exterminate us completely like the Argentineans. FBA are the defacto last defense against white supremacy. All the other melinated groups have laid down already.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    FBA are the defacto last defense against white supremacy. All the other melinated groups have laid down already.
    Jordanlaff-143x198.webp

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have a question because I always find those who were living in fear interesting to talk to. Especially after they realize, as our Brother Malcolm would say, "You've been had."

My question is this: If you had placed as much energy into staying the course on plans for your financial/wealth generating future as you did into fearing the scare-mongering tactics of mainstream media/US Government, how much further along in your plans do you think you'd be right now? Would you have just gone ahead and started that business? Would you have made small investments and then increased as you saw growth or divested as you saw new opportunities arise? Or would you envision just doing what you did?

Hind sight is 20/20, of course, but I'm always interested in what the "living-in-fear" folks would have done differently. Because many are unhappy with themselves at how easily they fell for the okie doke.
    That is something good to reflect on. I am sure a lot of people would have made the moves but most likely would not have changed and they are just looking at the virus and everything that happened as a result as an excuse to not hold themselves accountable for their choices. I know for me, I should have been planning sooner. I shouldn't have waited until I was 25 to think ahead. But that is the hand I dealt myself.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Would you have made small investments and then increased as you saw growth or divested as you saw new opportunities arise? Or would you envision just doing what you did?
    The answer for most is no. If there isn’t one scapegoat there is another and COVID is the procrastinator’s ultimate justification. Even the things they could have achieved that were unrelated to COVID they haven’t and if
    COVID wasn’t around the excuse would be finances or Casper the Ghost.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    This is the main reason we need to circle the wagons as Black people. THey are going to do their damnedest to squeeze us out of the resources until we are like the Palestineans--if not exterminate us completely like the Argentineans. FBA are the defacto last defense against white supremacy. All the other melinated groups have laid down already.

You laughing but some of your posts have so much downward and deflated that I’m inclined to agree with Bmick#8. Look at some of your posts, it sounds like you just ready for the day it’s your turn to go. No offense

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I agree just try to find a coop that is recession proof. I think we all need to be starting and supporting yt channels as well because that is money youtube has to pay out. That is actually in a way sort of like wealth redistrubution. Dont support big intrrst buisness like amazon netflix etc either let them just die. These next couple years should be looked at as only changing the narrative from the white capitalist hellscape. Never again should they be able to say people dont want a revoloution that should be so redicoulous up there with bigfoot ghosts vampires etc. When the youtube videos of celebritys and preachers bragging about money and the nba games are half full thats when they will start to listen

TAILIANNA

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    what's it like in Ontario? Ya'll having any shipping/ supply problems?
    Havent noticed anything yet to be honest but its only a matter of time. American recessions always hit canada later. But i think that particoular problem is a labour issue so we might avoid that one.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Havent noticed anything yet to be honest but its only a matter of time. American recessions always hit canada later. But i think that particoular problem is a labour issue so we might avoid that one.
    You didn’t catch the subtext. He is telling you to speak on Canada. Teach us about Black plight in Canada, teach us what y’all are doing over there and how we can connect. You speaking on Black American issues and plight does us know good as we live the Black plight in the USA everyday. You would provide tremendous value if you spoke from your lived experience and not from what you read on the internet about ours.

No shade at all.

TAILIANNA

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    You didn’t catch the subtext. He is telling you to speak on Canada. Teach us about Black plight in Canada, teach us what y’all are doing over there and how we can connect. You speaking on Black American issues and plight does us know good as we live the Black plight in the USA everyday. You would provide tremendous value if you spoke from your lived experience and not from what you read on the internet about ours.

No shade at all.
    Ill tell u like i told cuz im not the news i speak on what is relevent to the topic. She asked when will this end and that is my oppinion on the matter. My advise would be the same no matter who asked it canada and american issues are the same. No shade either but im not telling you not to speak on issues outside of america that is insane white suppremecy is a world wide gang limiting ourselves to a country is stupid. Especially when i still have family in detroit.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I live in BC. On the coast. The cost of housing has appreciated 40% during the last two years and contractors are booked over a year in advance in most cases.

There is no recession here . Literally every business has a help wanted sign.

The issue here is inflation. Using my rib-eye steak index; a steak I bought at my usual butcher shop was around $18 a pound two years ago. A few days ago it is at $29 a pound.

TAILIANNA

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I live in BC. On the coast. The cost of housing has appreciated 40% during the last two years and contractors are booked over a year in advance in most cases.

The issue here is inflation. Using my rib-eye steak index; a steak I bought at my usual butcher shop was around $18 a pound two years ago. A few days ago it is at $29 a pound.
    Ya but thats not inflation housing is a speculatiom bubble because of black rock and gentrification. And i havent noticed anything in ontario lobster is stil 40 dollars which is most expensive thing i got in a while. Ya theres a labour shortage we in the great resignation but i think the doc workers are still relativly well payed here so we might avoid a shipping issue atleast for a while feel free to correct me though

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ya but thats not inflation housing is a speculatiom bubble because of black rock and gentrification. And i havent noticed anything in ontario lobster is stil 40 dollars which is most expensive thing i got in a while. Ya theres a labour shortage we in the great resignation but i think the doc workers are still relativly well payed here so we might avoid a shipping issue atleast for a while feel free to correct me though
    Blackrock is not active in this market. Our source of inflation is financial retirees.

Victorystatus

Smell my cologne...
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

I don't see any signs of improvement unless its made by us. They are forcing us to play Powernomics, whether we want to or not. I remember Dr. Anderson once shared the story of the 4 horsemen;
    The first horseman rides on a white horse, carries a bow, and is given a crown - he rides forward as a figure of Conquest.
    The second carries a sword and rides a red horse and is the creator of War.
    The third, a food-merchant riding upon a black horse, symbolizes Famine. He carries The Scales.
    The fourth and final horse is pale, and upon it rides Death accompanied by Hades.

"They were given authority over a quarter of the earth, to kill with sword, famine, and plague, and by means of the beasts of the earth."

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Understand when i say black rock i mean companies and people like black rock who are buying all our shyt and renting it out for profit.
    Here the buyers are people who have made enough money to come here and retire. Where we are the rental vacancy rate is extremely low. It is a different dynamic than the one you describe. Have you been to Victoria?
    View: https://youtu.be/JW0mH4AjUU8

TAILIANNA

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Here the buyers are people who have made enough money to come here and retire. Where we are the rental vacancy rate is extremely low. It is a different dynamic than the one you describe. Have you been to Victoria?
    View: https://youtu.be/JW0mH4AjUU8
    This proves nothing its an add from a corporation you need to watch independednt news like jimmy dore or revoloutionary black out to find out whats real

TAILIANNA

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I live here and know that this commercial accurately represents the lifestyle here.
    Wats ur point tho corporations and rich ass landlords arent buying up canada and america and then renting them out in a plot to make the lower class permanent renters?

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Blackrock is not active in this market. Our source of inflation is financial retirees.
    I live here and know that this commercial accurately represents the lifestyle here.
    I just went to Vancouver for the first time in almost 10 years and was surprised by how many more Asians were there than my last visit. Are the Chinese nationalists buying up Canada like they are in NYC, L.A. and other major cities?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I don't see an end in sight, I honestly think they are going to use this to usher in a society these white rich racists have been looking to have for a long time. a Rich vs Poor class, no middle class. Guess who will be the poor class?.... If they could open plantations again, they would.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just went to Vancouver for the first time in almost 10 years and was surprised by how many more Asians were there than my last visit. Are the Chinese nationalists buying up Canada like they are in NYC, L.A. and other major cities?
    Vancouver is about one third Asian, and has been since the Hong Kong handover in the 90s.

We moved out of the city about twenty years ago and live in a rural area about 45 minutes from a city, ten minutes from the ocean. The environment is more like the video clip posted.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wats ur point tho corporations and rich ass landlords arent buying up canada and america and then renting them out in a plot to make the lower class permanent renters?
    Once you get involved with real estate it will become evident that buying high cost properties makes it difficult to generate positive cash flow from renting them out.

The attached is a junker house on the wrong idea of town in Vancouver. It is also on a busy street. This gives you an idea ofthe market

Attachments

Screenshot_20191004-202512_Chrome.jpg

TAILIANNA

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Once you get involved with real estate it will become evident that buying high cost properties makes it difficult to generate positive cash flow from renting them out.

The attached is a junker house on the wrong idea of town in Vancouver. It is also on a busy street. This gives you an idea ofthe market
    again im not seeing your point are you saying someone is going to live in that as a owner. There is a americas wide consipracy to turn the underclass into permanent renters that is a fact. They dont want you to buy movies they want you to pay for a subscription to watch movies. They dont want you to have a car they want you to rent cars. They dont want you to own a house they want you to rent. These are facts, if you have a playstation you need to pay each month to go online. if you have a phone you need to rent the internet. so please clarify your point.

Victorystatus

Smell my cologne...
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    again im not seeing your point are you saying someone is going to live in that as a owner. There is a americas wide consipracy to turn the underclass into permanent renters that is a fact. They dont want you to buy movies they want you to pay for a subscription to watch movies. They dont want you to have a car they want you to rent cars. They dont want you to own a house they want you to rent. These are facts, if you have a playstation you need to pay each month to go online. if you have a phone you need to rent the internet. so please clarify your point.
    bwshocked she has very valid points.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't see an end in sight, I honestly think they are going to use this to usher in a society these white rich racists have been looking to have for a long time. a Rich vs Poor class, no middle class. Guess who will be the poor class?.... If they could open plantations again, they would.
    The new plantation is the metaverse.
    Point: you cannot rent this house for enough money to make it economically viable.
    In this market the buyer would likely rent it to cover taxes to a relative, or keep it vacant and just benefit from appreciation.

TAILIANNA

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    The new plantation is the metaverse.

Point: you cannot rent this house for enough money to make it economically viable.
    In this market the buyer would likely rent it to cover taxes to a relative, or keep it vacant and just benefit from appreciation.
    economically viable, your missing the point they dont care if they lose money this is about gentricication. As long as you dont own it its hurting the underclass. Thats why i tell everyone if you have a house dont sell it cause chances are you wont get another one. To what extent the plot is at right now is up for debate but that is the move and that is whats happening.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    economically viable, your missing the point they dont care if they lose money this is about gentricication. As long as you dont own it its hurting the underclass. Thats why i tell everyone if you have a house dont sell it cause chances are you wont get another one. To what extent the plot is at right now is up for debate but that is the move and that is whats happening.
    I bought a Victorian three flat building some years ago in San Francisco. I kept the top three bedroom unit empty for two years because I planned to eventually move from my building in Berkeley.

It is much less stress to have the predictable expense of a vacant unit than it is to deal with some tenants.

TAILIANNA

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I bought a Victorian three flat building some years ago in San Francisco. I kept the top three bedroom unit empty for two years because I planned to eventually move from my building in Berkeley.

It is much less stress to have the predictable expense of a vacant unit than it is to deal with some tenants.
    as i said we dont know where and how developed that plan is. If you bought a house and its your only one. hold on to it have you gotten many offers to sell it yet?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If this is the case, do you think they are using identity politics (skin color, gender, etc) as a means to drive a wedge between people and deflect from the fact they are killing middle-class America? I mean I thought this for a long time. They just want them sitting pretty at the top and everyone else to be in poverty beneath them. I just don't know how they get to that point. I keep hearing people talking about some World Economic Forum or something and these white old crackpots going off about us owning nothing and being happy. Like wtf? Is that where this is heading?