The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

When should someone propose?

Caprice

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
I’ve seen so many posts on social media with women saying they have the “sauce” because their man proposed within 6 months. Other women left comments about being proposed to within a month. Cute, but that’s way too quick for me. What’s the rush? Would that be a red flag for tou

Some people can wear a mask and not reveal who they really are until much later in a relationship.

I think people should know within 6 months and propose between 12-24 months.

I would want to be with someone during every season first. We need to see the different emotions, how they are with their family and friends, how we communicate through the difficult moments, etc.

What do you think?

zBucks
Yeah never rush into getting married. There is a lot of people in my family who did that, and divorce is rampant in my family. Idk how many times my brother specifically said he was in love with a chick within a week of dating. Dude, that's puppy love, you're just infatuated with someone, it's not necessarily going to be the right person.

I think a year like others have said, but honestly I think a little longer would be fine. I know people who have dated for years before tying the knot. I think it's partly because some couples want to do a pricey wedding, and I feel they wait a few years. But they at least propose around that time.