Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

When will we see new battery tech?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
One of the biggest setbacks of modern technology is the lack of battery systems that last a long time as well as ones that are able to be disposed of without causing harm to us or the environment. We have come a long way but I feel like solar-powered options such as cars will not be mainstream until we are able to find better tech in batteries. I was considering getting some solar panels in the future with a generator but seeing the price tag and the short lifespan of them coupled with them being dangerous (no way to dispose of them once they are dead) is an issue.

Is there any word on new battery systems being worked on? I keep hearing of going green and getting rid of a reliance on oil but no one is bringing up real solutions. Like nuclear energy is clearly the way to go as of now but people just think of Chernobyl and freak out.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
One of the biggest setbacks of modern technology is the lack of battery systems that last a long time as well as ones that are able to be disposed of without causing harm to us or the environment. We have come a long way but I feel like solar-powered options such as cars will not be mainstream until we are able to find better tech in batteries. I was considering getting some solar panels in the future with a generator but seeing the price tag and the short lifespan of them coupled with them being dangerous (no way to dispose of them once they are dead) is an issue.

Is there any word on new battery systems being worked on? I keep hearing of going green and getting rid of a reliance on oil but no one is bringing up real solutions. Like nuclear energy is clearly the way to go as of now but people just think of Chernobyl and freak out.
Yes, ma'am,

Panasonic and Tesla are putting their heads together for 2022 and they appear to have done a marvelous thing.
Expect the price to be a "no-go" for common folk and the "barely rich"

Looks good, though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgsqhx8ANv0

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Yes, ma'am,

Panasonic and Tesla are putting their heads together for 2022 and they appear to have done a marvelous thing.

Looks good, though.

Nice. I am glad to see companies making moves for this. Sucks that new tech will always be hard to come by for anyone earning less than 6 figures though. That is how it is. Cell phones were once like this. Same with computers. Hell, even flat screens.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Nice. I am glad to see companies making moves for this. Sucks that new tech will always be hard to come by for anyone earning less than 6 figures though. That is how it is. Cell phones were once like this. Same with computers. Hell, even flat screens.
The early adopters are there just to pay for R&D
usher laugh

James

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Yes, ma'am,

Looks good, though.

That is good to know that they are working on new technology which is good but only worries about it that it is not for everyone as we have to spend big on it.

Devin

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
This is a question that I have also been seeking answers to for a while now because I have experiencing a lot of challenges when it comes to a lot of my techs that runs on batteries. Even smartphone too are extremely poor when it comes to how long its batteries last before needing a charger. For someone who works heavily with smartphone like I do, the so called 5000 mAh is never enough for me.