The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Which holidays do you and yours celebrate?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Over the years, my family kind of went their own ways. Once my grandparents passed away, we seem to have mostly just stop celebrating a lot of holidays. I mean we do birthdays still, summer cookouts (4th of July is a real banger every year), Christmas... But that is about it. I don't remember the last time we celebrated Easter or Halloween, even Thanksgiving. I think 2020 put the nail in the coffin for those completely as we had plans but they fell through. Which holidays do you and yours celebrate?

fastandcurious

Registered
zBucks
Since having my own family, I try my best to celebrate all of the holidays. Even if extended family don't bother to visit, I try to make it a fun memory for my kids. I had the same thing happen in my family - Once my grandparents passed they all split and we didn't have the big holidays we used to have. So I always make a point to make sure my kids aren't deprived because of the rest of the family

Manta

Registered
zBucks
Over the years, my family kind of went their own ways. Once my grandparents passed away, we seem to have mostly just stop celebrating a lot of holidays. I mean we do birthdays still, summer cookouts (4th of July is a real banger every year), Christmas... But that is about it. I don't remember the last time we celebrated Easter or Halloween, even Thanksgiving. I think 2020 put the nail in the coffin for those completely as we had plans but they fell through. Which holidays do you and yours celebrate?
This is such a sad thing. Same with my family. Once my Grandparents passed the family just went separate ways. Its just my small immediate family now but we have a great time. We have special things and specific movies that we watch with each holiday thru out the years. Easter, 4th of July , Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We hit them all with food and celebrations.