Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
When pertaining to black music, hip hop and R&B specifically?

The reason I ask this question is because I recently took a look at the award results for XXL and they were predictable and comedic, to say the least (I really don't want to give them more views but if you insist I'll add the results). Drake and Doja of course got nods for the record. Most of the music information or news I get from smaller podcasts that I follow on Twitter, if they have a blue check I almost immediately disregard their opinion on anything. Dead End Hip Hop is one of the ones I follow.

Second part of this question is what do we have to do to relinquish the narrative again?

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
XXL used to feature some of what I consider are the leaders of the new school as freshman, on the cover or freestyles... Kendrick, Cole, KRIT, Gibbs, Wiz, Lupe, and so many more. I think that awful freestyle with Kodak and Uzi is what turned the tide....they were so awful but the kids didn't care, they still ate everything they made up. Things haven't been the same since.

D

Deleted member 191

This is a tough one, I don’t look at any at all. I’m waiting on y’all Niggas to do more y’all folarin ii and magic reviews was some of the best shit I read in years
ALL OF THIS.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

If yall aint talkin about it then I'm not likely to pay much attention.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is a tough one, I don’t look at any at all. I’m waiting on y’all Niggas to do more y’all folarin ii and magic reviews was some of the best shit I read in years

ALL OF THIS.
    Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

If yall aint talkin about it then I'm not likely to pay much attention.
    Oh wow thanks yhat means a lot.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    People have to take back the culture and not let people who get paid to feed a message tell us what is fire and what isn't. I never paid attention to people. I listen to what I like. I didn't know there were reviews done on this site. We need more of it.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    People have to take back the culture and not let people who get paid to feed a message tell us what is fire and what isn't. I never paid attention to people. I listen to what I like. I didn't know there were reviews done on this site. We need more of it.

I just had a conversation with one of my Twitter mutuals, and there are plenty like us, but we can't deny that the XXLs and Pitchforks have a bigger influence on things than we want. We will produce reviews and try to curate content from our point of view.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Facts. But Niggas be running to these white pubs and it’s sickening. Or we make one that’s working and then sell it.