Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

White Men Can't Jump Is Getting A Remake

Lamont

Sixer
zBucks
intro-1638388089.jpg

According to the announcement from Deadline, no details have been released regarding what possible changes will be made to the original storyline (for one thing, 1992 is a hell of a lot different than 2021) but it will supposedly follow a similar plot to the original. Calmatic's "House Party" reboot is also being produced by LeBron James through his SpringHill Company label, which means "White Men Can't Jump" will be his second foray into entertainment produced by NBA stars. Maybe the folks behind "Space Jam 2" should have waited a little while longer because it sounds like Calmatic would have been a perfect fit.

Read More: White Men Can't Jump Is Getting A Remake

Who was looking for this? I do not see what they could do to the film that hasn't already been done. The story was complete, it was awesome, it took you on an emotional journey following a man who would gamble his retirement away if he had the option. Is originality really this dead? I would have taken another Fast and Furious over this.​

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love this movie.. But a remake?... No!
    Whenever they remake classic movie's they F'em up, and it's usually corny, story sucks and the acting is garbage.
    They have no original ideas (Hollywood)
    It's no different when singers remake songs, we need more black writers, movie makers and story tellers.
    Black panther, Exellent story, Harder they fall, Exellent story ect.

Last edited:

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love this movie.. But a remake?... No!
    Whenever they remake classic movie's they F'em up, and it's usually corny, story sucks and the acting is garbage.
    They have no original ideas (Hollywood)
    It's no different when singers remake songs, we need more black writers, movie makers and story tellers.
    Black panther, Exellent story, Harder they fall, Exellent story ect.
    I cringe every time I see that nigga gamble that jeopardy money.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    I wish Hollywood would stop with these remakes and reboots how about some new IPs and new stories. Who's with me

The remake is never as good as the original. Why not create a new story? How about the Michael Vick NFL story? How about a track and field story?

I believe that risk is stifling creativity which is leading to sequels and remakes. They know this story worked and want to reuse it for an easy win. They’ll probably make a slight change where Wesley Snipes character is gay and the final games is at the Black Trans Live Matters Summer Pickup.

Rex Lawrence

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I believe that risk is stifling creativity which is leading to sequels and remakes. They know this story worked and want to reuse it for an easy win. They’ll probably make a slight change where Wesley Snipes character is gay and the final games is at the Black Trans Live Matters Summer Pickup.
    Sadly,

Sadly, that sounds about right.

Kenton_Jerome

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is true they don't want to take a risk but that will hurt them in the long run. People are tired of the same material being put out over and over. You already know the black dude is going to be gay if they do it lol.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    This is true they don't want to take a risk but that will hurt them in the long run. People are tired of the same material being put out over and over. You already know the black dude is going to be gay if they do it lol.
    bglaughing2 Nigga gonna be extra gay and sassy too. Then we have to see all the articles about how the actor is so brave and pushing cinema forward.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    View attachment 917

According to the announcement from Deadline, no details have been released regarding what possible changes will be made to the original storyline (for one thing, 1992 is a hell of a lot different than 2021) but it will supposedly follow a similar plot to the original. Calmatic's "House Party" reboot is also being produced by LeBron James through his SpringHill Company label, which means "White Men Can't Jump" will be his second foray into entertainment produced by NBA stars. Maybe the folks behind "Space Jam 2" should have waited a little while longer because it sounds like Calmatic would have been a perfect fit.

Read More: White Men Can't Jump Is Getting A Remake

Who was looking for this? I do not see what they could do to the film that hasn't already been done. The story was complete, it was awesome, it took you on an emotional journey following a man who would gamble his retirement away if he had the option. Is originality really this dead? I would have taken another Fast and Furious over this.​
    What happened to originality, just remakes years later? 🤷🏽‍♀️

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    yoo cuz lost alot of money too i seen google ask how did he lose his money i thought it was gon say on a money train ^^

Financial Issues: In 2006, shortly after he was ordered to pay a settlement of $30 million to the estate of Bonnie Lee, Robert Blake filed for bankruptcy. He listed a total of $3 million in liabilities. In 2010, the state of California filed a lien against the actor seeking $1,110,878 in unpaid back taxes.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    yoo cuz lost alot of money too i seen google ask how did he lose his money i thought it was gon say on a money train ^^

Financial Issues: In 2006, shortly after he was ordered to pay a settlement of $30 million to the estate of Bonnie Lee, Robert Blake filed for bankruptcy. He listed a total of $3 million in liabilities. In 2010, the state of California filed a lien against the actor seeking $1,110,878 in unpaid back taxes.
    Yep, Wesley refused to pay his taxes. 🤷🏽‍♀️

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    No thanks, they need to stop with remake hell. We need new stories.
    Real talk! Not frequenting movie theaters, because of CoVid pricing, CoVid & parents with noisy children & not paying for subscriptions that don't add new content! 💯

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I must have overlooked this thread. I did enjoy this movie, been several years since I seen it but a remake? Why? Who would this be for? I feel like they are trying to ruin everything that had success right now. wtf is wrong with them? Make new content. If these writers are this piss poor, maybe they shouldn't be part of Hollywood.