Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Who’s Watching American Maroon?

Supabrett

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I watched 20 minutes when it came out the quality is amazing, Flex did his thing. There needs to be more sources it was too much “people say”, “someone says”, “people think” going on but I liked everything else.

Can't really have a historical documentary with a lot ofthat in it.

Will check it out eventually.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Can't really have a historical documentary with a lot ofthat in it.

Will check it out eventually.
    I agree and it was acceptable in the beginning because Hidden Colors was so new but you have to evolve. With a subject this controversial you have to come with the receipts and they didn't really do that. Tariq should have also went deep into each speaker's credentials so that we know understand why they are qualified to speak on the subjects. If you don't watch Sa Neter you won't know who anyone is and why they are speaking on the subjects.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I watched it and a lot of it was rehash if you’ve ever watched Sa Neter or anyone in that space. Some quick notes:

Pros:
    • Professionally produced and looked great on a large TV.
    • Great transitions and music.
    • Backdrops/scenes behind the speakers were great.
    • Costume design was great.
    Cons
    • The scenes between the speakers were poorly acted. There’s a scene in the beginning where a dude is hitting a tree with an axe that looks really cheesy. You can tell he doesn’t want to hit the tree and it looks strange.
    • The movie kind of destroys the “we are not African” argument you hear from FBA proponents. Every time it talks about the original inhabitants it talks about them coming from Africa.
    • Multiple speakers in the program referred to the Black people that were here previously by different names. I feel that it makes it easy to cast doubt on the information. If those people were here what did they call themselves? We heard every name from every European power but how they self identified.
    • Not enough sources and no credentials on the speakers. If you don’t know who red and blue pill is you won’t know why their opinion should matter.
    I think overall it falls in the “history based entertainment” genre rather than a scholarly documentary on our history. You couldn’t take anything from here into a debate and not get shredded alive.

I would like to see Tariq’s format evolve, it’s been the same since Hidden Colors 1 and it should grow to become more scholarly and definitive.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    4 friends from North Carolina drove right into the middle of gang War between different factions of the Gulf cartel in Matomoros, Mexico. For 4 days they were tortured with two of them ultimately being murdered by the gang. Reports are saying that this was a case of mistaken identity by the gang members. According to reports,the cartel believed the 4 tourists were rival drug dealers. Black Americans need to stay out of Latin America. They have no rules of engagement and bad tempers. Go on vacation to a Black American cultural mecca & circulate Black dollars.
    What did you think?
    American Marroon
    The highly anticipated documentary from our brother Tariq Nasheed

View attachment 6958
    What are your thoughts?

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm skipping this then. If you're not bringing anything new to the game ,then your brand will die. Tariq is great at galvanizing his base which is FBA. Let's be real here,FBA is similar to Beyonce's Beyhive or Rihanna's Navy. Tariq said something about doing a Hip-Hop history documentary next, I'm concerned the information will come from conjecture & not facts. On a side note, the Hidden History Museum is really a club for Black Americans. I donated to the museum when Tariq said everyone would get their names on the wall. What wall was he talking about because there's no room for that at the Hidden History Museum? I really feel like I got played for $100 bucks. For reference I donated to every Hidden color after 2. The charisma has warn off for me. I wish him luck though. It's like investing in a company but never seeing a return other than speaking.

Jay
    Jay
    You about to get cancelled bruh. Better start ducking.

mjlol
    JerriBun
    JerriBun
    Amber Riley Tea GIF

Jay usher laugh
    • Mad Props
    Reactions: Jay
    Jay
    Jay
    But in all honesty Hell Johnson we have a Review coming out that goes into detail about our thoughts on American Maroon. Make sure you check it out. You're also valid in how you feel and I too am upset and feel like I wasted my money with the Hidden History Museum. I donated to it 3 times and then it comes out that he took out a mortgage. He didn't need our money if he was going to take out a mortgage. I was already done but I'm DONE DONE.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm going to be in a cartoon as a hater. I never said I didn't like Tariq, I've been listening to him since Ustream & Mac Lessons. Tariq's target audience are young people. I'm not young & I see thee play. He's doing great work & Black business. I can never be canceled because the internet is not real.

D

Deleted member 1946

I need
    I'm going to be in a cartoon as a hater. I never said I didn't like Tariq, I've been listening to him since Ustream & Mac Lessons. Tariq's target audience are young people. I'm not young & I see thee play. He's doing great work & Black business. I can never be canceled because the internet is not real.
    It definitely seems as if his audience is young people. I don't see too many old Black folks bringing his name up.