The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Who buys a car sight unseen???

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am not going to laugh or make light of my neighbors situation, but who here has ever bought a like new car sight unseen???

So my neighbor is now stuck with what we know now was a "Flood car", oh sure it starts (runs rough as hell), lights and blinkers dont work, windows dont roll down. I pop the fuse box and when you have new rust in there THAT alone tells the story.
    It must be nice to be white and have money to burn like that.
    $2500 just gone.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am not going to laugh or make light of my neighbors situation, but who here has ever bought a like new car sight unseen???

So my neighbor is now stuck with what we know now was a "Flood car", oh sure it starts (runs rough as hell), lights and blinkers dont work, windows dont roll down. I pop the fuse box and when you have new rust in there THAT alone tells the story.
    $2500 just gone.
    It has less to do with him being white and more to do with the fact that the average person is a dumbass. They hang with dumb people, who do dumb things, and it becomes an echo chamber of stupidity. Apps like Carvana, Shift, and etc are attempting to make the “test-drive less” car purchase common-place and it’s kind of crazy. But the thing is those apps give you recourse in the event that you don’t like it, typical 7 day return policy. Doing this with a private seller or buy here, pay here is ludicrous.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

$2500 just gone.
    One thing, how you not gonna tell us what kinda car it is? I need,make, model, year, and color so I can visualize this car.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You'd be surprised. When I sold cars years ago, our imternet sales division was poppin'. People were even buying vehicles from several states over.
    But those were New/Used car tho right? They did go out of state and brought it back on a trailer. I do feel sorry for him, this would have been his daughter 1st car. I have never seen anyone do this and take such a loss.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One thing, how you not gonna tell us what kinda car it is? I need,make, model, year, and color so I can visualize this car.
    My bad Jay. 2006 Buick La Sabre 4 doors with that killer 3800 v6 (Runs but its rough) Silver/Gray in color and it was just shy over 80,000 miles.
    Jay whoever sold them this knew it was a flood car and they did a hell of a cover job preventing the mold...But he is taking it to the scrapers.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My bad Jay. 2006 Buick La Sabre 4 doors with that killer 3800 v6 (Runs but its rough) Silver/Gray in color and it was just shy over 80,000 miles.
    Jay whoever sold them this knew it was a flood car and they did a hell of a cover job preventing the mold...But he is taking it to the scrapers.
    Should have ran a car fax, you pay for your ignorance.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    A friend of mine's brother did this once. He was in need of a car for work as he had been having to walk to and from since no buses headed that way. It wasn't a short walk either, this dude was walking almost 2 hours to and from work every day. Was starting to get cold out though so he just was desperate to find something he could buy and fast.

Bad credit hurt him so he wasn't able to work with a car lot or anything. Found a car on craigslist he had just enough for. The guy was asking for $1750 and I can't remember the car make/model but it was only a few years old with under 50k miles on it so he thought he was getting a mad deal. The 4 or 5 pictures he said looked fine. He called up the guy and said he'd take it. He told him where it was sitting and that he'd have to go pick it up after getting the keys from his friend.

Got the money to the dude selling the car and then went to get the keys from the friend. Pulls him with his friend, keys in hand to find out that the pictures the guy posted were from months prior to the car being in an accident and it needed over 5k in repairs plus bodywork. The car did not run.

He was able to get it scrapped and the guy at the junk lot paid him $500 at least but he was still out $750.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    A friend of mine's brother did this once. He was in need of a car for work as he had been having to walk to and from since no buses headed that way. It wasn't a short walk either, this dude was walking almost 2 hours to and from work every day. Was starting to get cold out though so he just was desperate to find something he could buy and fast.

Bad credit hurt him so he wasn't able to work with a car lot or anything. Found a car on craigslist he had just enough for. The guy was asking for $1750 and I can't remember the car make/model but it was only a few years old with under 50k miles on it so he thought he was getting a mad deal. The 4 or 5 pictures he said looked fine. He called up the guy and said he'd take it. He told him where it was sitting and that he'd have to go pick it up after getting the keys from his friend.

Got the money to the dude selling the car and then went to get the keys from the friend. Pulls him with his friend, keys in hand to find out that the pictures the guy posted were from months prior to the car being in an accident and it needed over 5k in repairs plus bodywork. The car did not run.

He was able to get it scrapped and the guy at the junk lot paid him $500 at least but he was still out $750.
    Damn not that was jacked up. Some have to learn things the hard way.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Damn not that was jacked up. Some have to learn things the hard way.
    You can't trust people and I am sure he learned a lesson from this. If I am going to make any big purchase, I do my research. I don't care if I have to ask the person who owns what I want to buy a million questions.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is why whenever I go out looking to buy a car, I bring a friend who's versed on cars. Since I am not a car guy, I always bring him along when looking at cars. He will check them over for any issues, and he asks all the right questions I wouldn't know to ask. He also runs his own shop near me, so that helps too.

Some people trust car salesmen way too much, I know people who got horrible deals because they don't know how to deal with them and knew nothing about cars. You can work in deals and lower the price for a lot of used cars, but not everyone will know to do that, or even how to do that.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is why whenever I go out looking to buy a car, I bring a friend who's versed on cars. Since I am not a car guy, I always bring him along when looking at cars. He will check them over for any issues, and he asks all the right questions I wouldn't know to ask. He also runs his own shop near me, so that helps too.

Some people trust car salesmen way too much, I know people who got horrible deals because they don't know how to deal with them and knew nothing about cars. You can work in deals and lower the price for a lot of used cars, but not everyone will know to do that, or even how to do that.
    He got suckered hard. All the squeaking the thing made coming off the car carrier told me this wasnt a good buy. But the bang up job he did removing the mold and that smell, this was some Hollywood type trickery. They are looking at this VW beetle this lady down the street is selling for $1500.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Holy crap I like his discipline but his common sense and street smarts were non-existent that day.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Holy crap I like his discipline but his common sense and street smarts were non-existent that day.
    LOL He even said "I had to learn the hard way". None of that I told you so..that isnt how I am. But he sure is hot at the seller (who isnt answering calls). It's low down ppl like that makes dealing in the retail hard. Yes they are going to get this yellow beetle that has eye lashes on the headlights and she is going to name it "Tweety Bird" LOL. Ahhh that care free age of 17.