The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Why don't see see more black QBs leading the league?

zBucks
Black QBs are becoming more of the norm, these days, from the likes of Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott, and more. Back in the day, you'd see mostly white QBs leading teams, but now more than ever, black men are leading teams. But, why isn't it that we don't see more black QBs leading teams? I imagine soon enough more and more teams will have black QBs taking the lead.

Do you want to see more black QBs given the chance to lead a team?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well the NFL has made it a point to not bring Black QBs on so there's a structural component to it. For a long time, the thought was that Black men were not smart enough to be in that position because of the leadership required. Same thing with Head Coaching roles even though we are the most dominant at the game.

I think if the league removes its racism from the position, you will naturally see more and more Black QBs just like you see a high population of Blacks in every other position. But we'll see how it goes..

Zack_puffs

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Well the NFL has made it a point to not bring Black QBs on so there's a structural component to it. For a long time, the thought was that Black men were not smart enough to be in that position because of the leadership required. Same thing with Head Coaching roles even though we are the most dominant at the game.

I think if the league removes its racism from the position, you will naturally see more and more Black QBs just like you see a high population of Blacks in every other position. But we'll see how it goes..
    White people ain't gonna take their racist crap down cuz they know this is how we black people will be winning hearts.