The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Why I Don't Truly Acknowledge Black Music Month??

Redd*Blitz

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
For what?? It's another one of those slap in the face, empty meaningful "race" gesture so called "acknowledgements," that I find to be very insulting and embarrassing. What's a damn month compared to the overall dominating FACT that we as Black people created all these musical genres that has all been stripped from us, only for it to be "rebranded" by such white supremacists, where they have consistently made mad crates of loot of our backs. If nothing, it is up to us to really learn of our artists that has pioneered all of what is normal and popular in music today. WE as Black people, I don't feel, take care of our icons and legends enough as we should, as well as to give them all their flowers and props while they're living. When I look at what's become of R&B and Hip Hop, especially, all I can do is shake my head, and keep voicing and striving for greater quality, content, and substance. Until WE take back, command and demand, then all what our people...my Black people, have created will continuously fall on deaf ears and continuously get whitewashed.

TeeGee

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
That's some valid points you made there mate, music is black ranging from hip hop , RN B , afrobeat, Fuji and the likes were invented by blacks and then they feel they could take all the credit and give us a month to make it feel like nothing wrong has been done.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    For what?? It's another one of those slap in the face, empty meaningful "race" gesture so called "acknowledgements," that I find to be very insulting and embarrassing. What's a damn month compared to the overall dominating FACT that we as Black people created all these musical genres that has all been stripped from us, only for it to be "rebranded" by such white supremacists, where they have consistently made mad crates of loot of our backs. If nothing, it is up to us to really learn of our artists that has pioneered all of what is normal and popular in music today. WE as Black people, I don't feel, take care of our icons and legends enough as we should, as well as to give them all their flowers and props while they're living. When I look at what's become of R&B and Hip Hop, especially, all I can do is shake my head, and keep voicing and striving for greater quality, content, and substance. Until WE take back, command and demand, then all what our people...my Black people, have created will continuously fall on deaf ears and continuously get whitewashed.
    We need to celebrate it everyday and cherish it. We don’t need a day or month it needs to be every living and breathing moment.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    The celebratory months are in my opinion for those seeking white acceptance. It is white daddy telling the boot licks that they are seen. It’s disgusting and I agree with you 100%. We need to take pride in our culture and gate keep it like no other.

E

educatedman23

I'm sick of these empty acknowledgements. We created music in this country. Also, I don't trust the big music stars anyways since they are all sellouts. I hear some people's music (who I know did not sell out to this wicked system), and I always wondered why some people do not do better. I understand why. If a person is not doing what the White power structure wants, then they likely will not do as well in the music game. This means the Black music month is rigged since it is not celebrating the best music talent we have. It is celebrating the most controlled puppets. Furthermore, I agree that this should be a 365 day thing and not just one month.

E

educatedman23

The celebratory months are in my opinion for those seeking white acceptance. It is white daddy telling the boot licks that they are seen. It’s disgusting and I agree with you 100%. We need to take pride in our culture and gate keep it like no other.
    Yep. White folks acknowledge us so that we feel very important. Smh. No power has changed hands. I don't celebrate any musician who the system props us. This is illogical to me.

E

educatedman23

Agreed. I don't want their approval. I know you don't either. We should not want a pat on the head from them. How can people say that we are good people and they are not, but yet we are always wanting acceptance from them? Make it make sense. Fully agree with your post.

E

educatedman23

That's some valid points you made there mate, music is black ranging from hip hop , RN B , afrobeat, Fuji and the likes were invented by blacks and then they feel they could take all the credit and give us a month to make it feel like nothing wrong has been done.
    We invented jazz as well. If we don't take control of our music and stop letting them give us a month, then we are gonna become extinct.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Yep. White folks acknowledge us so that we feel very important. Smh. No power has changed hands. I don't celebrate any musician who the system props us. This is illogical to me.
    It’s like award shows. Black artists make Black music but want to be awarded by White entities what in the heck? It is such a warped mindstate.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    It’s like award shows. Black artists make Black music but want to be awarded by White entities what in the heck? It is such a warped mindstate.
    All they ever went is to make us humble before them and look smaller while we should be the at the helm of affairs. The sad thing is that this crap have been going on for a long time now and some of us have even forgotten who we are and what they should stand for.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    We invented jazz as well. If we don't take control of our music and stop letting them give us a month, then we are gonna become extinct.
    They feel they are trying to compensate us for all the damages they've done to the blacks over the years. We don't want no compensation we want what's rightfully ours.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't know if this was a thing but I am out of the loop when it comes to holidays. So many genres and different types of music were created by black people. We have a gift with sound and repetition. I feel that and physical fitness have been two gifts we are born with but a lot of people sadly don't use these gifts to their advantage or they allow white people to use them because of it.

E

educatedman23

I don't know if this was a thing but I am out of the loop when it comes to holidays. So many genres and different types of music were created by black people. We have a gift with sound and repetition. I feel that and physical fitness have been two gifts we are born with but a lot of people sadly don't use these gifts to their advantage or they allow white people to use them because of it.
    They are creating months like this to keep from giving us tangibles that will truly help us.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    But let the colorless and colorful culture vultures, white and non-Black hypebeasts, and their naive Black friends tell it, "WE ArE EvoLVinG the GeNRe AnD PuSHiNG iT FoRwArD." Yeah, the music of Kodak Black, Lil Nas X, 6ix9ine, Jack Harlow, Cardi B and nem are pushing the culture forward.

Dammit, this is going to verge into the typical "music is dying" rant...

But really...

What the hell happened to music? (RHETORICAL QUESTION)

I thought music was getting worse in the 2010s, but now I notice that most of the music is just monotonous, vulgar, nonsensical, shallow, generic, forgettable and unremarkable even when I'm out here Shazaming a lot of it when I hear it as I'm naturally curious. Like I'll Shazam it, see the artist and the song pop up, go "Oh that's who made it. Oh, that's who sings it", and then I mostly go about my day and don't revisit the song or seek the artist out. Like the kid who doesn't feel the need to chase after the ice cream truck after seeing it.

Even when the beats and flows sound nice or somewhat interesting, the songs are still forgettable, low vibrational, and needlessly vulgar without anything else to offer. I can't even give you the names of the songs or artists of most of the songs I shazamed off the top of my head. How many times do I gotta hear, "Aye, aye I just fucked your bitch yeah" on a song with very shallow, mindnumbing lyrics and a repetitive somewhat catchy beat? That's not what I want to hear every time I hop in the car or go somewhere outside my house. Even a lot of today's best Black artists are guilty of that "I don't mess with you bishes no more" mentality and it shows in some of their music.

A lot of these artists can actually make decent music if they wanted to (maybe not as good as Good Kid Maad City, but still), but they choose not to and dumb it down. And when an artist does make nice music and get promotion, I notice that a lot of them are either LGBT or their work gets laced with LGBT stuff anymore (Jay-Z's 4:44, Kendrick Lamar's new Mr. Morale album, Tyler The Creator, Frank Ocean, Steve Lacy, KAYTRANADA, The Internet, etc.). Or if they make some decent and fun music, then they gotta sell sex (Megan The Stallion and CupcakKe), dislike their own Blackness (Doja Cat and countless, countless others), and promote the "fight against fatphobia" agenda in an embarrassing way like Lizzo does. Hmmm....

A lot of the decent popular music gets made by the whites and non-Blacks that study and/or leech off our styles (Sam Smith, Bruno Mars, Adele, Ed Sheeran, etc). Not necessarily because they are more talented, but because they are allowed to do so, they have better teams and better budgets, they study the best of our music and know how to imitate it, and they know what to market and how to market it to the general public.

Meanwhile, these labels and the dominant society only want to promote Black people and certain Black-LOOKING people who make ignorant, stupid, violent, ratchet ass music. So many Black people dickride Bruno Mars just because he looks Black and knows how to make fun karaoke versions of Black music all while shitting on other Black people as they ask, "wHY cAn't yALL mAKe mUsIC LiKe ThIS AnYMoRE?" How is Chris Brown still making the same songs he was making in 2012-2014?

Also, notice how Cardi B, her "Bodak Yellow" single, and her debut studio album "Invasion of Privacy" had so much money, thought, artist development, and promotion behind it just to spite and push Nicki Minaj out the way? When was the last time you saw a massive corporate push for a rap artist like this to the point where they are made to basically blow up overnight? I remember when she only had like 300 views on her videos in 2 days on YouTube and now... And I hate to say it, but some of the music on her album sounded better than a lot of the other rap / hip hop songs that came out at the time (2018). That was deliberate and by design. And then they found and got her a harem of fellow glorified stripper playmates (Megan The Stallion, City Girls, Lizzo, etc) to keep her company. They can all pop their WAPs onstage in unison while shouting "YAS. BAD BITCH MODE. Girl Power."

When was the last time you heard 5 new creative beats and 10 new well-put together songs in the mainstream at the same time? Where is the 2020s equivalent of Dr. Dre beats, The Neptune beats, and Timbaland beats? Is Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Childish Gambino, and J Cole the best that the 2010s had to offer? While they ain't fucking with the Wu Tang Clan and the Native Tongues, at least the 2010s had TDE / Black Hippy, Pro Era, Odd Future, ASAP Mob and nem and near the turn of the decade moist ass Brockhampton. Where are the decent rap clans of the 2020s? And I hate to say it, but how does Meek Mill's 2012 radio single "Amen" (which annoyed me) sound better than most of the songs out on the radio now?

When was the last classic hip hop album released?

I think a lot of complaints are how there are plenty of Black artists making good relaxing music (Her, SiR, Lucky Daye, Daniel Caesar, Ari Lennox, etc.), but how many Black artists are also making good music (not ignorant ass music) that makes people want to dance and have fun? Chris Brown really screwed himself over, is tired, and is past his prime. Beyonce and Mariah Carey quietly retired and they both have children and are getting older. Finding Ne-Yo is in production. Janelle Monae is doing.....something else. Our legends (Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney, etc.) have passed on. Everyone else is too old. The corrupt industry sabotaged Janet Jackson. Mary J. Blige can't afford to risk busting her hip to make another "Family Affair" and "Just Fine." Bruno Mars is non-Black and his karaoke 🎤 music while interesting, is also tired. I still wanna whoop his ass for that rendition he recently did of Con Funk Shun's Loves Train.

Where is the current Black equivalent of a Bruno Mars not named Crackhead Chris Brown? The Weeknd went pop and is doing some interesting experimentation with pop artists, but he is not known for making positive, upbeat music without negative, dark undertones. Lizzo's music can be fun and upbeat, but her antics are just....no.

People nowadays think of Bruno Mars, Drake, Migos, Future, Mac Miller pre-2013, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Yachty, the newer female rappers, drill rappers and nem when they think of "upbeat" music that makes you dance and enjoy your life, but I'm looking for another "Summertime", "1999", "Remember the Time", "Billie Jean", "My Prerogative", "Poison", "Pleasure Principle", "That's The Way Love Goes", "Real Love", "Family Affair" (both the 2001 and 1971 versions), "Doin It", "Hot In Herre", "Danger", "Ignition Part 2" (I don't like Rape Kelly as a person at all, but still), "Milkshake", "Doo Wop (That Thing)", "Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder), "As (Always)", "Never Too Much", "It Wasn't Me", Missy Elliott songs, older Busta Rhymes songs (no, not "Twerk It") and the like.

Also, the last and only good recent love ballads I heard were "Fire We Make" and "Best Part." Both of them came out in the 2010s. Where are the damn good ass ballads?

XXXtentacion and nem helped mess up the already messed up vibes with Bad Vibes Forever. Where are Good Vibes Forever? Do we need to get Diddy's old ass to shimmy dance all over the music videos again to get our groove back or?

We hear you.
    We see you.
    We feel your pain.
    We stand with you.
    We will cry with you.
    We are as upset about this as you are.
    We are in fight this together.

X88NULn.jpg

#TogetherWeStand
    #AllLivesDoMatter

Redd*Blitz

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I'm sick of these empty acknowledgements. We created music in this country. Also, I don't trust the big music stars anyways since they are all sellouts. I hear some people's music (who I know did not sell out to this wicked system), and I always wondered why some people do not do better. I understand why. If a person is not doing what the White power structure wants, then they likely will not do as well in the music game. This means the Black music month is rigged since it is not celebrating the best music talent we have. It is celebrating the most controlled puppets. Furthermore, I agree that this should be a 365 day thing and not just one month.
    But let the colorless and colorful culture vultures, white and non-Black hypebeasts, and their naive Black friends tell it, "WE ArE EvoLVinG the GeNRe AnD PuSHiNG iT FoRwArD." Yeah, the music of Kodak Black, Lil Nas X, 6ix9ine, Jack Harlow, Cardi B and nem are pushing the culture forward.

But really...

I thought music was getting worse in the 2010s, but now I notice that most of the music is just monotonous, vulgar, nonsensical, shallow, generic, forgettable and unremarkable even when I'm out here Shazaming a lot of it when I hear it as I'm naturally curious. Like I'll Shazam it, see the artist and the song pop up, go "Oh that's who made it. Oh, that's who sings it", and then I mostly go about my day and don't revisit the song or seek the artist out. Like the kid who doesn't feel the need to chase after the ice cream truck after seeing it.

Even when the beats and flows sound nice or somewhat interesting, the songs are still forgettable, low vibrational, and needlessly vulgar without anything else to offer. I can't even give you the names of the songs or artists of most of the songs I shazamed off the top of my head. How many times do I gotta hear, "Aye, aye I just fucked your bitch yeah" on a song with very shallow, mindnumbing lyrics and a repetitive somewhat catchy beat? That's not what I want to hear every time I hop in the car or go somewhere outside my house. Even a lot of today's best Black artists are guilty of that "I don't mess with you bishes no more" mentality and it shows in some of their music.

A lot of these artists can actually make decent music if they wanted to (maybe not as good as Good Kid Maad City, but still), but they choose not to and dumb it down. And when an artist does make nice music and get promotion, I notice that a lot of them are either LGBT or their work gets laced with LGBT stuff anymore (Jay-Z's 4:44, Kendrick Lamar's new Mr. Morale album, Tyler The Creator, Frank Ocean, Steve Lacy, KAYTRANADA, The Internet, etc.). Or if they make some decent and fun music, then they gotta sell sex (Megan The Stallion and CupcakKe), dislike their own Blackness (Doja Cat and countless, countless others), and promote the "fight against fatphobia" agenda in an embarrassing way like Lizzo does. Hmmm....

A lot of the decent popular music gets made by the whites and non-Blacks that study and/or leech off our styles (Sam Smith, Bruno Mars, Adele, Ed Sheeran, etc). Not necessarily because they are more talented, but because they are allowed to do so, they have better teams and better budgets, they study the best of our music and know how to imitate it, and they know what to market and how to market it to the general public.

Meanwhile, these labels and the dominant society only want to promote Black people and certain Black-LOOKING people who make ignorant, stupid, violent, ratchet ass music. So many Black people dickride Bruno Mars just because he looks Black and knows how to make fun karaoke versions of Black music all while shitting on other Black people as they ask, "wHY cAn't yALL mAKe mUsIC LiKe ThIS AnYMoRE?" How is Chris Brown still making the same songs he was making in 2012-2014?

Also, notice how Cardi B, her "Bodak Yellow" single, and her debut studio album "Invasion of Privacy" had so much money, thought, artist development, and promotion behind it just to spite and push Nicki Minaj out the way? When was the last time you saw a massive corporate push for a rap artist like this to the point where they are made to basically blow up overnight? I remember when she only had like 300 views on her videos in 2 days on YouTube and now... And I hate to say it, but some of the music on her album sounded better than a lot of the other rap / hip hop songs that came out at the time (2018). That was deliberate and by design. And then they found and got her a harem of fellow glorified stripper playmates (Megan The Stallion, City Girls, Lizzo, etc) to keep her company. They can all pop their WAPs onstage in unison while shouting "YAS. BAD BITCH MODE. Girl Power."

When was the last time you heard 5 new creative beats and 10 new well-put together songs in the mainstream at the same time? Where is the 2020s equivalent of Dr. Dre beats, The Neptune beats, and Timbaland beats? Is Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Childish Gambino, and J Cole the best that the 2010s had to offer? While they ain't fucking with the Wu Tang Clan and the Native Tongues, at least the 2010s had TDE / Black Hippy, Pro Era, Odd Future, ASAP Mob and nem and near the turn of the decade moist ass Brockhampton. Where are the decent rap clans of the 2020s? And I hate to say it, but how does Meek Mill's 2012 radio single "Amen" (which annoyed me) sound better than most of the songs out on the radio now?

I think a lot of complaints are how there are plenty of Black artists making good relaxing music (Her, SiR, Lucky Daye, Daniel Caesar, Ari Lennox, etc.), but how many Black artists are also making good music (not ignorant ass music) that makes people want to dance and have fun? Chris Brown really screwed himself over, is tired, and is past his prime. Beyonce and Mariah Carey quietly retired and they both have children and are getting older. Finding Ne-Yo is in production. Janelle Monae is doing.....something else. Our legends (Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney, etc.) have passed on. Everyone else is too old. The corrupt industry sabotaged Janet Jackson. Mary J. Blige can't afford to risk busting her hip to make another "Family Affair" and "Just Fine." Bruno Mars is non-Black and his karaoke 🎤 music while interesting, is also tired. I still wanna whoop his ass for that rendition he recently did of Con Funk Shun's Loves Train.

Where is the current Black equivalent of a Bruno Mars not named Crackhead Chris Brown? The Weeknd went pop and is doing some interesting experimentation with pop artists, but he is not known for making positive, upbeat music without negative, dark undertones. Lizzo's music can be fun and upbeat, but her antics are just....no.

People nowadays think of Bruno Mars, Drake, Migos, Future, Mac Miller pre-2013, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Yachty, the newer female rappers, drill rappers and nem when they think of "upbeat" music that makes you dance and enjoy your life, but I'm looking for another "Summertime", "1999", "Remember the Time", "Billie Jean", "My Prerogative", "Poison", "Pleasure Principle", "That's The Way Love Goes", "Real Love", "Family Affair" (both the 2001 and 1971 versions), "Doin It", "Hot In Herre", "Danger", "Ignition Part 2" (I don't like Rape Kelly as a person at all, but still), "Milkshake", "Doo Wop (That Thing)", "Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder), "As (Always)", "Never Too Much", "It Wasn't Me", Missy Elliott songs, older Busta Rhymes songs (no, not "Twerk It") and the like.

Also, the last and only good recent love ballads I heard were "Fire We Make" and "Best Part." Both of them came out in the 2010s. Where are the damn good ass ballads?

XXXtentacion and nem helped mess up the already messed up vibes with Bad Vibes Forever. Where are Good Vibes Forever? Do we need to get Diddy's old ass to shimmy dance all over the music videos again to get our groove back or?

We hear you.
    We see you.
    We feel your pain.
    We stand with you.
    We will cry with you.

X88NULn.jpg

#TogetherWeStand
    #AllLivesDoMatter
    Excellent read!

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    We hear you.
    We see you.
    We feel your pain.
    We stand with you.
    We will cry with you.

X88NULn.jpg

#TogetherWeStand
    #AllLivesDoMatter
    Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

...and do NOTHING. Then the Black flunkies come out to sell us the Kente Cloth stunt as "a great first step".

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

...and do NOTHING. Then the Black flunkies come out to sell us the Kente Cloth stunt as "a great first step".
    ThIS iS HoW wE StArT A NatIOnAL CoNvErSaTIOn tO ADdrESS ThE iSsUEs oF tHe NaTIOn. And it's ironically the only step they actually take.

Notice how they never make it to the next step: pass legislation and tangibles they directly serve and help Black people. And if they do decide to draw up legislation it is always useless, ineffective, and never gets passed anyway (HR40, Police Oversight Committee, Lift Every Voice). And if they do pass it, it is always symbolic and doesn't cost them to give up their power (Hip Hop History Month, Juneteenth, etc.)

Never trust politicians that claim they want to "address" our issues and have conversations. That means that they will forever be stuck stalling and talking to us in circles and doing empty lip service, aka "addressing our issues", in order to shut us up and calm us down so that we can go back to picking cotton and being mules and servants.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    They are creating months like this to keep from giving us tangibles that will truly help us.
    So it was just another white liberal holiday invention. Lovely.

I can't keep up with this nonsense anymore. Instead of solving real issues they either tell us to fight each other or tell us to celebrate something.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    It's ironic that after centuries of telling us and the world that black people created nothing of significance that they are now acknowledging selective achievements but disdainfully assign them to time restrictive calendar slots to stroke their warped fragile egos. We're too cowardly pathetic to tell them to shove their unctious insulting gestures because we don't need validation from them. .

E

educatedman23

But really...

We hear you.
    We see you.
    We feel your pain.
    We stand with you.
    We will cry with you.

X88NULn.jpg

#TogetherWeStand
    #AllLivesDoMatter
    I still think the best music era was the 1990s. That is just my opinion. I can't even get into the music of today, and I am in my 30's.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose

I can't keep up with this nonsense anymore. Instead of solving real issues they either tell us to fight each other or tell us to celebrate something.
    What pisses me off is that they love to tell us to get over slavery because it was centuries ago yet the fake jews are treated with such misplaced deference and undeserved monetary reparations and they are soooo quick to commemorate and memorialise the slightest injury that happens to a single person and it's dog from their group that we are all expected to automatically acknowledge !

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose

What pisses me off is that they love to tell us to get over slavery because it was centuries ago yet the fake jews are treated with such misplaced deference and undeserved monetary reparations and they are soooo quick to commemorate and memorialise the slightest injury that happens to a single person and it's dog from their group that we are all expected to automatically acknowledge !
    I still think the best music era was the 1990s. That is just my opinion. I can't even get into the music of today, and I am in my 30's.
    These people are masters of shamelessness -they flagrantly steal and plagiarise our shit in front of our faces but insist that it originated with them. They taint everything -even the bloody rainbow!!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Godless jews are what have ruined this country and I am convinced that they are behind the downward spiral of the black family in America. Despite everything, we had our own economy, our own healthy culture, and we had a strong family unit. This was in the '50s and '60s... And now look at the average black household in America. Nothing like this. They pushed a destructive culture on us through music.

E

educatedman23

Everybody else can get reparations for their trauma. We cannot as of now. We need power to guarantee we get reparations and whatever else we want.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Everybody else can get reparations for their trauma. We cannot as of now. We need power to guarantee we get reparations and whatever else we want.
    We need to keep banging that drum ad nauseum just like the fake jews and so called native Americans and shame them into it because our claim is THE only legitimate one as REAL victims and not imposters!