Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Why Prince Turned Down Chris Tucker Role In '5th Element'

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    Prince stood on his square. Those Bed Bucking imperialists love seeing us dress in drag. They get off on that, literally and figuratively. Shout out to Prince. Even with the ass out jeans, he knew this was going too f'n far.

Last edited:

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Prince's sometimes androgynous look aside, he's always been associated with banging women. There is a difference between choosing to look a certain way and what I think this film was doing with the part is and that is pushing an agenda.

They (Hollywood) has always tried that regarding Blacks. Adam Sandler, Jerry Seinfeld and a number of white comedians on the way to the top, and at the top, didn't have to or were asked to put on a dress. Some were (Robin Williams) but it seemed like every single famous black comedian was asked to or did. Way too many were asked to.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Prince's sometimes androgynous look aside, he's always been associated with banging women. There is a difference between choosing to look a certain way and what I think this film was doing with the part is and that is pushing an agenda.

They (Hollywood) has always tried that regarding Blacks. Adam Sandler, Jerry Seinfeld and a number of white comedians on the way to the top, and at the top, didn't have to or were asked to put on a dress. Some were (Robin Williams) but it seemed like every single famous black comedian was asked to or did. Way too many were asked to.
    Dave Chappelle even said that they tried to get him in one and he refused.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Prince was all about being true to himself and I think this would have messed with his persona and his legacy and he knew that. The man is a legend and I still love his music.

Pretty sure the joose like to put our men in drag for laughs cause they run the comedy world... ever notice how many of them at the top are jooish?