Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Will you go to Mastodon when Twitter dies?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
Mastodon is essentially a competitor to Twitter. I signed up a while back, but never used my account, but from what I saw, it was kinda similar to Twitter. Has anyone else here used Mastodon yet? Would you move over to it if Twitter ends up dying? At the rate it's going, it could be a real possibility.

Or do you plan to use a different social site going forward?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Mastodon provides safe spaces for the most vile people on the internet. You think Twitter's racism is bad? Mastodon is holding a beer right now.

I am not on social media anymore, just social networks like this one. I am done with the mainstream BS. Forums are better for connecting with people, making plans, getting ideas across and actually having real discussions. Social media is nothing but hate, arguments, and separation.

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah skip social media if you can. It's something that will just continue to get worse and worse. So we need places like 6zeros, where we can go and be free from the insane rules they have at social sites. Mastodon also looks like a waste of time, and I don't see it surviving either. If anything I think it'll enjoy a boost in traffic for a few months and then everyone will go back to twitter or some other social site if Twitter does die.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Mastodon is essentially a competitor to Twitter. I signed up a while back, but never used my account, but from what I saw, it was kinda similar to Twitter. Has anyone else here used Mastodon yet? Would you move over to it if Twitter ends up dying? At the rate it's going, it could be a real possibility.

Or do you plan to use a different social site going forward?
    This is a stupid ass thing to post here.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Mastodon is just going to become the same mess that twitter and other social sites are. Once it reaches somewhat popularity, it'll start to fall to the same mistakes twitter made. It's just twitter2.0 with less users.

If Twitter dies, come here instead. Skip Mastodon and any other social site, because you'll encounter the same BS at pretty much all of them.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh No Facepalm GIF by Aminé

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    Just curious if anyone was actually jumping ship to something like Mastodon. Figured since Twitter is likely to die with Elon destroying things over there, that it would push people to something like Mastodon.

I'm not saying people should join it or anything like that either, I wouldn't suggest that to anyone. I played around with the service for a while and it didn't appeal to me, it felt too technical if that makes sense, like it was meant for people in the tech field. Also it was odd to navigate.

I should have kept 6zeros in mind as well when I made the topic, I don't think of it like a twitter though, as it's more personal and free here.

No chance I'm leaving 6zeros for something like Mastodon though.