The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Worst Place To Be Hit On

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
A few years ago, I was out for a jog, and I was almost home. I was getting ready to cross the street, and this guy pulled his car up in my way and started trying to hit on me. I don't remember what I said, but I ended up continuing my jog and taking a different way home just in case lol The weird thing is, it was in the subdivision I lived in at the time, and I never saw the guy again. So yeah, what's the worst place you've been approached?

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
A few years ago, I was out for a jog, and I was almost home. I was getting ready to cross the street, and this guy pulled his car up in my way and started trying to hit on me. I don't remember what I said, but I ended up continuing my jog and taking a different way home just in case lol The weird thing is, it was in the subdivision I lived in at the time, and I never saw the guy again. So yeah, what's the worst place you've been approached?

bus stop/public transportation, an elevator, fairly empty street
Come on, if a brotha fly do you think any of this would matter? Like if Shemar Moore rolled up on you and you were in an elevator would you not give him any play? I find it hard to believe.

D

Deleted member 191

Come on, if a brotha fly do you think any of this would matter? Like if Shemar Moore rolled up on you and you were in an elevator would you not give him any play? I find it hard to believe.
I would feel uncomfortable in an enclosed space. Especially if I wasn't interested in his overtures. I'm an EXPECT the worst and HOPE for the best kind of person. So your example, would be the hope. I hope it's someone with the manners and good nature of a Shemar Moore, but I EXPECT it to be someone less than that in which case my refusal could create a tense moment.

Though I wish it wasn't the case, the truth is all guys don't have the best of intentions and it's this understanding that keeps me on alert.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would feel uncomfortable in an enclosed space. Especially if I wasn't interested in his overtures. I'm an EXPECT the worst and HOPE for the best kind of person. So your example, would be the hope. I hope it's someone with the manners and good nature of a Shemar Moore, but I EXPECT it to be someone less than that in which case my refusal could create a tense moment.

Though I wish it wasn't the case, the truth is all guys don't have the best of intentions and it's this understanding that keeps me on alert.
    Ok so Boss Hog is right. That the right guy would make the "worst place to be hit on" not the "worst place to be hit on", right?

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Well I‘m glad you have integrity and admit that your comfort is contingent on your interest level.

Caprice

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Something similar happened to me this year. I was taking my morning walk and a guy drove past, put his car in reverse, and came back to Holla. He started with “I know this isn’t right because you’re walking alone and I’m driving up on you but I had to try…blah blah.” It made me very uncomfortable especially since I was walking in my neighborhood. I definitely didn’t walk for awhile after that.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Something similar happened to me this year. I was taking my morning walk and a guy drove past, put his car in reverse, and came back to Holla. He started with “I know this isn’t right because you’re walking alone and I’m driving up on you but I had to try…blah blah.” It made me very uncomfortable especially since I was walking in my neighborhood. I definitely didn’t walk for awhile after that.
    Was he in a Cadillac and was he playing Diamond in the Back?

Los Angeles La GIF by Michael Weist

Swag Walking GIF by Martin

"Hey there nah sweet thang lemme hol'lat cha"

AfroAboriginalAmerican

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    A LBGTQIA member bar or club. If you see me there, something has gone terribly wrong. I don't have nothing against the gays however, I have nothing against fat black crispy women. It's just that I'm not attracted to neither.
    LGBTQIA? lol! I don't mind being hit on at a lesbian club...

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    A LBGTQIA member bar or club. If you see me there, something has gone terribly wrong. I don't have nothing against the gays however, I have nothing against fat black crispy women. It's just that I'm not attracted to neither.
    Well if you at they bar they for sure gon think you are with it.

mjlol