Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Would An EV With Solar Panels Still Function?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If ish ever hit the fan, people would not have access to gas anymore for cars. Many EVs would be useless as well but the ones that do have solar panels on them would still be able to accept power and charge. But if the power structures are busted and the internet is out, would they still function without being able to access online?

The reason I ask is cause I am considering getting an EV as a secondary car, one with solar panels so I could at least move around if things ever got bad.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I thought about that, since I own a plug-in ... Something like this may exist already (I know they have a converter that charge up little devices like cell phones, so one would have to determine how to create a larger current draw to sustain a battery / create a smaller battery, etc)

I think it could work ... The concept of Transformers, or step up current devices would have to be used, in my mind ...

Of course, the powers that be wouldn't like a device like this ...