Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Would Vine kill TikTok?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Elon mentioned bringing Vine back.

I think Twitter killing Vine was the dumbest thing that platform ever did. A lot of people are saying if they do bring back Vine, it may just kill off TikTok in the west. At this point, I would welcome that but they would likely bring the same trash on there over to Vine 2.0 - what are your thoughts on this? Would it kill it off? Is it worth bringing back? Would you use it?

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I think Twitter killing Vine was the dumbest thing that platform ever did. A lot of people are saying if they do bring back Vine, it may just kill off TikTok in the west. At this point, I would welcome that but they would likely bring the same trash on there over to Vine 2.0 - what are your thoughts on this? Would it kill it off? Is it worth bringing back? Would you use it?
    As must as I cannot stand Elon Musk, if he can revive the entire Vine.co archive from the initial shutdown in 2016, then maybe he will get 1/1000000 cool factor points.

I do prefer Vine over TikTok in some ways. Tiktok has some positives, but it is still Chinese owned. It would be best that he makes Vine a Tiktok 2.0 but better and Boer American owned.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Doesn't vine only allow for 6 second clips? As much as tiktok is awful, I think it's vastly superior to what Vine was able to do in the past.

The problem with bringing Vine back as well, is how does it compete with what is already out there? You already have Tiktok, Facebook/Instagram, and even YouTube getting in on the short form content. I don't see them being able to compete today. Even with Twitter and Elon backing it, I don't see people jumping off of these other platforms. They will need to give users something new and unique to entice them over.

And to be fair, it's probably all talk from Elon. He likes to promise many things, and then never deliver on them.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Doesn't vine only allow for 6 second clips? As much as tiktok is awful, I think it's vastly superior to what Vine was able to do in the past.

The problem with bringing Vine back as well, is how does it compete with what is already out there? You already have Tiktok, Facebook/Instagram, and even YouTube getting in on the short form content. I don't see them being able to compete today. Even with Twitter and Elon backing it, I don't see people jumping off of these other platforms. They will need to give users something new and unique to entice them over.

And to be fair, it's probably all talk from Elon. He likes to promise many things, and then never deliver on them.
    Vine changed prior to being shut down where they allowed longer videos. I think they allowed up to 30 seconds maybe. I can't remember entirely. I am just sick of TikTok and want it to die. Even if the US gov ban it, people will still keep using it.

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I remember my niece being into musicaly around the same time Vine was dying, I think that's what it was. It was what inevitably became of TikTok I believe. And I think that was kinda why Vine started to die. With more of these apps being out, I don't see how Vine could make a comeback.

I can't stand tiktok either. I've seen some weird shit on there and I don't know how they figure out the algorithm for people. I remember one time I kept seeing livestreams for people sleeping that people can interrupt. I don't want to see that. I want to see funny shit and memes, not some dude sleeping and his audience blasting fart noises at him to bug him.

shimzini

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    hell nah. vine was only successful (and it still shut down) because it was the first to really do short-form video. tiktok has took the concept and perfected, as horrible as a platform it is. vine required a skill gap- a baby could learn how to use tiktok and find relative sucess with it.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    hell nah. vine was only successful (and it still shut down) because it was the first to really do short-form video. tiktok has took the concept and perfected, as horrible as a platform it is. vine required a skill gap- a baby could learn how to use tiktok and find relative sucess with it.
    I always wonder why it shut down. It was huge and then just closed out of the blue.

shimzini

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I always wonder why it shut down. It was huge and then just closed out of the blue.
    cuz vine really didnt innovate. ppl may shit on instagram for stealing stories and shit but after stories and better video implementation people just dont use snapchat and vine no more. NTM vine was heavily dependent on their larger creators and most vine comps were being posted elsewhere so there really wasn't any reason to use vine itself

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    cuz vine really didnt innovate. ppl may shit on instagram for stealing stories and shit but after stories and better video implementation people just dont use snapchat and vine no more. NTM vine was heavily dependent on their larger creators and most vine comps were being posted elsewhere so there really wasn't any reason to use vine itself
    didnt they get bought by twitter and then shut down? Or did it fade out?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    People are calling TikTik digital fentanyl now and I can totally see it. I have seen some levels of child abuse and grooming like I have not seen on other platforms, including TUMBLR. I don't care who pushes it through or who complains, it needs to be banned from the US. It is damaging out kids and causing more problems with mental health. We already have a big enough mental health crisis as it is.

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    I'm not sure Vine would be able to compete with TikTok. You also have Instagram, YouTube Shorts, and whatever the hell Twitter is trying to do. I think we're already got too many apps as it is. Maybe if Vine tried to make a comeback sooner, they could have had a better chance to compete, but I don't see it. And with the popularity of TikTok and Instagram, and now YouTube, it's going to be tougher for another platform to gain followers.

Oh and Facebook is doing their own shorts, even though they have Instagram. I'm pretty sure some of them are right through Facebook itself, while some will just be Instagram posts. But has anyone actually sat down and watched Facebook shorts? I sat there for 20 min going through Facebook, and the majority of videos I saw were random and made no sense.

Vine would need a gimmick that no other service has at the moment to get people back on board. Otherwise I can't see it competing with any of the current apps.

I agree that TikTok is dangerous to our youth though, most of these short form video apps are imo. It promotes that idea that you can be famous for a short period of time, and people eat that shit up. And go crazy to get famous on there.

Jah

Sixer First Class+
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

No cause Vine would have to cut some crazy checks to keep up, even through elon is back by us government he/gov would have to cut them checks to keep up also remember tikitok is global and wont get into china for nothing, also its over for Taiwan, china about just flood that nation back with pro china politicians, cause they see the all off codeness