The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Y'all reading any good books?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Any book recommendations? I want to start reading more, I just can't find a book I want to read right now.
    The Devil's Chessboard. It's my 3rd read through. It's about the creation of the CIA and how they run the government in the shadows.

RFWatcher

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No haven’t read it but it is on my to-do. I’ve heard a lot about it. I’m currently reading Nothing Will Come Between Us which tackles a similar plot point but it’s what happens after we get reparations.

View attachment 4334
    Yes great book as well, I’m on page 75. It’s starting to get into the political struggles of the Foundational Society.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Yes great book as well, I’m on page 75. It’s starting to get into the political struggles of the Foundational Society.
    It gets crazy later on you’re in for a treat. The author posts here too josiah starr. Im trying to finish before his next release.

E

educatedman23

The Devil's Chessboard. It's my 3rd read through. It's about the creation of the CIA and how they run the government in the shadows.
    What are some of the biggest takeaways from the book? I am so interested in getting it. Another good book is America's Secret Establishment by Antony Sutton. This book is mandatory reading if we are going to get some power in this world and weaken/eliminate them.

leah.B1

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Im not sure if anyone is into mysteries or psychological thriller books but I have been reading a lot of Locked room books that have been interesting. I just finished these:

- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
    - The Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena

This one isn't actually mystery or psychological, its a nonfiction by Shahrazad Ali called, "The Blackwomans Guide to Understanding The Black Man". Im not finished yet but in my opinion so far its really good! A loved one had shared it with me!