The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

You think the mental health crisis will ever be addressed?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I see so many struggles with families, it is insane. From depression to anxiety, even cases of bipolar and schizophrenia are on the rise. Then you have medical mental decline in dementia and Alzymer's. That is projected to go up 50% by 2050. Those are some scary high numbers! Seems like no one wants to talk about this stuff though nor do anything about it.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I see so many struggles with families, it is insane. From depression to anxiety, even cases of bipolar and schizophrenia are on the rise. Then you have medical mental decline in dementia and Alzymer's. That is projected to go up 50% by 2050. Those are some scary high numbers! Seems like no one wants to talk about this stuff though nor do anything about it.
    Not without a huge shift in the thinking from the individuals who run the country. They would rather take that money and invest it in empire than to help the mentally ill. Here in Long Beach, CA we are seeing the results of it...they just keep having to move from neighborhood to neighborhood...they find one part of the city to nest at, it gets gentrified, the police kick them out, and then they move somewhere else. It's a sad state of affairs...I see mentally ill on my bike ride every morning...walking down the street yelling at themselves...it's crazy.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you’re mentally ill at this point they want you to die. It sounds ruthless but with the contraction of the economy, the consolidation and digitization of money, the mentally ill are going to be left half-assed programs in liberal states and left to die in red states. As budget shrink however you will see their programs cut and they will be released to their own devices.

Redd*Blitz

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Such an issue remains somewhat a pink elephant in the room within the Black communities especially. Rather than to fully, openly, and honestly deal with this horrific matter amongst us, many Blacks quickly rule out the possibilities of therapy, but will stick to the tradition of "praying to Jesus, because HE is our therapist...hey hey...he ko bo yo dun nah sha dun nah ha..." <<Smh>>

E

educatedman23

If you’re mentally ill at this point they want you to die. It sounds ruthless but with the contraction of the economy, the consolidation and digitization of money, the mentally ill are going to be left half-assed programs in liberal states and left to die in red states. As budget shrink however you will see their programs cut and they will be released to their own devices.
    I agree because it seems like most places in this country want people to die with a mental illness. I stand behind the idea that certain towns and states might address it, but the federal government will not. The places that I have seen attempt to do something about mental health do so with prescription medication instead of natural remedies. They need to get to the root of the problems and give adequate treatment. I agree with you. The reason is that the places I have seen "attempt" to do something about the problem always have gaping holes where the outcome you described always happen where not enough funding is given in liberal states and a big portion of those who need the help do not get it in red states.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nothing will be done. They've divested from mental health since the 80s. It's an effort to
    This has been the goal since the Reagan Era, slowly dismantle social safety nets until we're literally being tormented and killed by loved and possibly complete strangers. We also forget the spiritual and genetic aspects of this. When I was younger, an old lady once told me everyone should bear children and some folks have bad genes and choose to roll the dice when it comes to having kids and raising a family without taking note of family genetics. Sometimes these issues are avoidable.

Nevertheless, no help is coming. More people to feed to the beast system to feed it's evil. We've never had so much diagnosed and undiagnosed illness. Gotta ask ourselves why?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I do wonder if everything happening in the US is down to a mental health crisis from lack of struggle. You see all these weird 99 gender, 57 pronouns, whatever bs happening to families that typically have money. They influence people who don't to follow this stuff to fit in which makes things even worse.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Mental illness has been around for years now, but awareness about it started to gain some recognition about three decades ago. I don't think mental illnesses can be totally resolved or taken away but if proper attention is paid people dieing as a result of depression or some other mental illness can be resolved.