Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

You think the so called "metaverse" is going to go anywhere?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
The one branded Meta under Mark Z's re-branding seems to be losing support and being mocked. Now I heard Linux is starting up their own metaverse and I have to wonder why. I don't see this going anywhere because the interest is just not there. I think certain aspects will be good for businesses but not everyday users which is who they want to target the most.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    These companies desperately want to adopt business model of early 00s MMORPGs, most notably WOW. Gamers would schedule their real life around events in that game such as raid, many spent hours daily on that game, and others spent their entire day on that game and this was before streaming. Thats the business model, get people hooked so they can mindless spend their lives on your app or “metaverse”. Companies see an atmosphere to recreate a better version of that business model now and are trying to tie it in with crypto.

So to answer your question, yes I see the metaverse growing but with the increasing show of incompetence from these major gaming companies, I think all of this will be pushed by a indie company.

I never played WOW btw lol, before my time.

D

Deleted member 1475

I feel like they flopped the Metaverse when they first released it, if they weren't so focused on forcing their agenda down our throats then they could've released it or even started properly testing it when VR became more popular. I remember seeing one youtuber playing the game and there were people that were already starting to host servers and central meeting hubs where other people would meet up, I always thought that was weird because there wasn't many people that played it when there was a demo for it, which made me think that the people who were hosting these servers with a group full of people, might have been working for Meta and were pretending to be regular players and professionals of it, as if there were already experts playing it. Trying to make it seem like this was some popular thing that already existed and that people just happened to fully understand the functionality and technicalities of the Metaverse itself.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    These companies desperately want to adopt business model of early 00s MMORPGs, most notably WOW. Gamers would schedule their real life around events in that game such as raid, many spent hours daily on that game, and others spent their entire day on that game and this was before streaming. Thats the business model, get people hooked so they can mindless spend their lives on your app or “metaverse”. Companies see an atmosphere to recreate a better version of that business model now and are trying to tie it in with crypto.

So to answer your question, yes I see the metaverse growing but with the increasing show of incompetence from these major gaming companies, I think all of this will be pushed by a indie company.

I never played WOW btw lol, before my time.
    I played WoW for about a year and gave it up. Straight up threw my games in the trash. It was taking over my life. I ended up having more connections with people in my guild than irl friends. It was terrible. If that is what they want... I will go live in a van in the middle of the woods. I am not going through that again! I started calling it World of WarCrack. lol

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I played WoW for about a year and gave it up. Straight up threw my games in the trash. It was taking over my life. I ended up having more connections with people in my guild than irl friends. It was terrible. If that is what they want... I will go live in a van in the middle of the woods. I am not going through that again! I started calling it World of WarCrack. lol
    Yes this is exactly what major corporations want. They want to hold your attention as close as possible to 24/7. The innovation part of technology is giving these companies a pass at creating straight up oligopolies. This is why we see Amazon in cloud services, media, music, groceries, pharmaceuticals, groceries, shipping, etc. If they can’t produce and ship everything they’re going to try to get as close as possible to it and now metaverses are the perfect platforms for a 24/7 advertising base for the aforementioned subsidiaries.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes this is exactly what major corporations want. They want to hold your attention as close as possible to 24/7. The innovation part of technology is giving these companies a pass at creating straight up oligopolies. This is why we see Amazon in cloud services, media, music, groceries, pharmaceuticals, groceries, shipping, etc. If they can’t produce and ship everything they’re going to try to get as close as possible to it and now metaverses are the perfect platforms for a 24/7 advertising base for the aforementioned subsidiaries.
    I hope people realize what direction we are heading and start to pull back. I feel like the stupid ones aren't going to though and unfortunately there are way more that "follow the herd" than activity going against this kind of nonsense.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hope people realize what direction we are heading and start to pull back. I feel like the stupid ones aren't going to though and unfortunately there are way more that "follow the herd" than activity going against this kind of nonsense.
    We can start to pull back by understanding the business model and how these companies make money. These major companies hold your attention and then advertisers those companies for a piece of your attention. These are the same major corporations that run the world, we pull back by supporting black social media companies. This is why I post on 6zeroes.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We can start to pull back by understanding the business model and how these companies make money. These major companies hold your attention and then advertisers those companies for a piece of your attention. These are the same major corporations that run the world, we pull back by supporting black social media companies. This is why I post on 6zeroes.
    For sure. People do have more power than they realize but they have to actually move on it and really show these places what we want. This is what gives me some hope.