The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

You think we will end up with livable units under water?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
If you are familiar with Bioshock, think something like that. Like small towns all underwater. I feel like people are panicking more and more about running out of space so they might start looking to build underwater housing and stuff like that. I mean I think that would be cool but I would be too nervous to ever want to live there. One small leak and end up causing a lot of damage. Flex tape won't fix that either lol

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
If you are familiar with Bioshock, think something like that. Like small towns all underwater. I feel like people are panicking more and more about running out of space so they might start looking to build underwater housing and stuff like that. I mean I think that would be cool but I would be too nervous to ever want to live there. One small leak and end up causing a lot of damage. Flex tape won't fix that either lol

It could potentially happen but I think it’s centuries if not a millennia away. Things have to be absolutely catastrophic on land for there to be a need to build in an environment so hostile to mankind. Also with the amount of capital being invested in Space; the Moon or Mars may end up being the place people are off-set bypassing the ocean altogether.

Bioshock 1 is one of my top 10 games and that lifestyle haunts me to this day. If you take the corruption of man and the power brokers of society and you miniaturize it in a small environment where there is nowhere to run or hide and the power structure has the only means of protection, it’s chaos.

That’s why I will never go to a space colony; land on the moon and find out that the emancipation proclamation don’t apply.

Lamont

Sixer
zBucks

This is quite a great thought and one I do not have a solid answer to. While I do see @Nesut point I do also believe that underwater colonies could be a viable option If global warming persists. I read an interesting article that gave multiple ways a colony of this order could be feasible:

Rapture-style w/buildings built on the sea floor.

553B307F-9484-4132-A043-E116D9B19777.jpeg

Spiral to the ocean floor
B56AB5F1-C8C5-4B68-B58D-D5E45EAE49DC.jpeg

City on top of the water
B3888262-4F29-436F-9C57-31F80450010F.jpeg

Sphere submerged right below the surface

7A9B55E8-FD75-4963-B5D3-F6C255F98FD6.jpeg

Each with their own pros and cons. Here’s the link:

zBucks
It would honestly be cool if we had an underground city one day. But the upkeep has to be a huge deal, because anything underwater has to result in major upkeep. The amount of pressure alone is one issue I'd worry about.

Living underwater would be cool, but also scary at the same time I think. Mainly because how dark it can be down there.

Anyway, it would need to be as safe as possible, otherwise no way for me.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
It would honestly be cool if we had an underground city one day. But the upkeep has to be a huge deal, because anything underwater has to result in major upkeep. The amount of pressure alone is one issue I'd worry about.

Living underwater would be cool, but also scary at the same time I think. Mainly because how dark it can be down there.

Anyway, it would need to be as safe as possible, otherwise no way for me.

my homie got a fishing boat and the upkeep on just the part that stays in the water is a pain in the ass. having a whole city in the water would be $$$

In think it would be cool…. to visit. or vacation there. If I lived there, everyday I would be worried about some fool cracking the glass.

nigga you go there and they say slavery back, what you gon' do?

I have a no ocean rule so I would have to pass on that one haha It's a cool concept though and I love Bioshock.

no jet skiing for you?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is quite a great thought and one I do not have a solid answer to. While I do see @Nesut point I do also believe that underwater colonies could be a viable option If global warming persists. I read an interesting article that gave multiple ways a colony of this order could be feasible:

Rapture-style w/buildings built on the sea floor.

View attachment 11

Spiral to the ocean floor
    View attachment 12

City on top of the water
    View attachment 13

Sphere submerged right below the surface

View attachment 14

Each with their own pros and cons. Here’s the link:

Wow this was a bad ass read. I like the sphere submerged below the surface the most. Rapture is dope too but like it said…one earthquake and that shit is through.