The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

A Conversation I Had

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I talked to my Dad over the weekend.
    We briefly talked about politics. Now I'll preface this by saying my Dad is 79 years old.
    He began by saying he hopes the Democrats keep control of the house and Senate.
    I retorted by saying things aren't looking good for them and that's mainly because they haven't done anything at all for black people.
    Now we we have talked politics in the last few months so he didn't bother bringing up all the symbolic gestures they have done.
    Instead he brought up that he thinks people are going to turn out for them due to abortion rights.
    I pointed out this is more of an issue for white women and not so much for black people.
    He at this point began to say CNN and MSNBC showed good poll numbers for the Democrats.
    As the conversation went on I realized he didn't really care about either party doing anything for black people. His sole care was that the Democrats win and the Republicans lose.

I pointed out that it didn't really matter which side won or lost because neither were doing anything for us.
    He still just stayed with talking about that he sure hopes the Republicans don't win. He couldn't spell out any specific reason why he supported the Democrats. He talked about the January 6 stuff. He talked about abortion rights stuff and that he didn't like the Republicans.

He at no point though pointed out specific issues that the Democrats were addressing that were important. It was almost as if he viewed it like a sports game. The Democratic party was his team and the Republicans were the opposition.

Problem is that most people that are votersin our community think this way!

Even with all the information I've been discussing with him CNN and MSNBC has him completely brainwashed. Nothing I can say would change that.

I could tell that in his mind he kinda thinks that I'm Republican. After all that's the common mentality in our community. If you are against the Democratic party then to must be Republican.

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I charge anybody born before 1980 to the game. They don't know any better they won't know any better

I don't even bother wasting time after I make my initial point that both sides are anti black. Niggas hear that and still try to make a fucking argument to support a side, I don't waste time anymore

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I charge anybody born before 1980 to the game. They don't know any better they won't know any better

I don't even bother wasting time after I make my initial point that both sides are anti black. Niggas hear that and still try to make a fucking argument to support a side, I don't waste time anymore
    They've chosen their side, SO BE IT! We've also made a decision & came to a conclusion! 💯

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I talked to my Dad over the weekend.
    We briefly talked about politics. Now I'll preface this by saying my Dad is 79 years old.
    He began by saying he hopes the Democrats keep control of the house and Senate.
    I retorted by saying things aren't looking good for them and that's mainly because they haven't done anything at all for black people.
    Now we we have talked politics in the last few months so he didn't bother bringing up all the symbolic gestures they have done.
    Instead he brought up that he thinks people are going to turn out for them due to abortion rights.
    I pointed out this is more of an issue for white women and not so much for black people.
    He at this point began to say CNN and MSNBC showed good poll numbers for the Democrats.
    As the conversation went on I realized he didn't really care about either party doing anything for black people. His sole care was that the Democrats win and the Republicans lose.

I pointed out that it didn't really matter which side won or lost because neither were doing anything for us.
    He still just stayed with talking about that he sure hopes the Republicans don't win. He couldn't spell out any specific reason why he supported the Democrats. He talked about the January 6 stuff. He talked about abortion rights stuff and that he didn't like the Republicans.

He at no point though pointed out specific issues that the Democrats were addressing that were important. It was almost as if he viewed it like a sports game. The Democratic party was his team and the Republicans were the opposition.

Problem is that most people that are votersin our community think this way!

Even with all the information I've been discussing with him CNN and MSNBC has him completely brainwashed. Nothing I can say would change that.

I could tell that in his mind he kinda thinks that I'm Republican. After all that's the common mentality in our community. If you are against the Democratic party then to must be Republican.
    Nigga I bet you pay for dominatrix cuz you luv getting punished by dem coons. We kno how they get down no use even arguin with they ass. They the reason we in this spot now.