Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m not a fan of Marcel’s latest proposal of bonds instead of cash payments. We need cash, but at the same time it seems the reparations movement is too tunnel visioned on the cash part and doesn’t focus enough on other tangibles like protected status, re-establishing the Freedmen’s Bank, and tax exemptions. The point of Reconstruction was to foster productivity and with that same focus in mind we need more than just a check.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m not a fan of Marcel’s latest proposal of bonds instead of cash payments. We need cash, but at the same time it seems the reparations movement is too tunnel visioned on the cash part and doesn’t focus enough on other tangibles like protected status, re-establishing the Freedmen’s Bank, and tax exemptions. The point of Reconstruction was to foster productivity and with that same focus in mind we need more than just a check.
    Here's the thing. He said bonds way back during his campaign and it was on the website. People just heard reparations and never read his plan.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The tough part about this all is that the government hates us so there will always be some type of game they play. With bonds I can see the government allowing the country to default in the next debt ceiling negotiation if they have that outstanding liability. But I also don’t know how other Reparation payments are made so I don’t know another alternative than straight cash payments.

Secondly, on the part about people be focused on cash only well of course they are. The builders in the community that just need capital are seeing the whole picture, the sheep in our community just want a payout.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Here's the thing. He said bonds way back during his campaign and it was on the website. People just heard reparations and never read his plan.
    Truthfully speaking, I didn’t know this, but in my defense I was never a major supporter of the guy anyways.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The tough part about this all is that the government hates us so there will always be some type of game they play. With bonds I can see the government allowing the country to default in the next debt ceiling negotiation if they have that outstanding liability. But I also don’t know how other Reparation payments are made so I don’t know another alternative than straight cash payments.

Secondly, on the part about people be focused on cash only well of course they are. The builders in the community that just need capital are seeing the whole picture, the sheep in our community just want a payout.
    The amounts that some of these guys, I won’t say names, are fine with the US should be able to pay and it shouldn’t be unprecedented. The amount in my head gets tricky but a check without tangibles is just a steak on an empty plate, no matter how juicy the steak it’s not a full meal, and I want the full meal.

In my free time I’ll try to compile a list of legal precedents that we had during the Civil War as “war contraband” and after, during reconstruction.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm cool with bond payments because it's still concrete payments (and interest and guards against hyper inflation which won't benefit anyone) and these bonds can always work as collateral and can be passed down to other family members Marcel Dixon explained this very well in one of his broadcasts if I was in SC I'd vot for him because at least he cares about the constituents unlike the Sambo Jim Clyburn......but to each their own.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I'm cool with bond payments because it's still concrete payments (and interest and guards against hyper inflation which won't benefit anyone) and these bonds can always work as collateral and can be passed down to other family members Marcel Dixon explained this very well in one of his broadcasts if I was in SC I'd vot for him because at least he cares about the constituents unlike the Sambo Jim Clyburn......but to each their own.
    How do bonds guard against hyperinflation? Bonds actually lose their value in high inflationary markets which contributed to the fall of SVB. Please educate me so that I know going forward. Thank you.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The amounts that some of these guys, I won’t say names, are fine with the US should be able to pay and it shouldn’t be unprecedented. The amount in my head gets tricky but a check without tangibles is just a steak on an empty plate, no matter how juicy the steak it’s not a full meal, and I want the full meal.

In my free time I’ll try to compile a list of legal precedents that we had during the Civil War as “war contraband” and after, during reconstruction.
    I believe it needs to be cash and social programs that help us rebuild what was taken from us. Protected Class status is important too but that’s a little bit like asking a rat to protect a piece of cheese. The only thing that is gonna make is a protected class is our ability to protect ourselves.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

Personally I think that the primary goal should be cash, then land, with protected status. The fact that Black America is being pushed into inner city areas is not coincidence, nor is it a favorable situation.

I wish Black America would make an exodus out of the cities and get to the countryside. Of course if there’s no money…

But that should be a primary objective to anyone with means.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I believe it needs to be cash and social programs that help us rebuild what was taken from us. Protected Class status is important too but that’s a little bit like asking a rat to protect a piece of cheese. The only thing that is gonna make is a protected class is our ability to protect ourselves.
    I’m wary of “social programs” or any programs for that matter by these people. Cash is king.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Personally I think that the primary goal should be cash, then land, with protected status. The fact that Black America is being pushed into inner city areas is not coincidence, nor is it a favorable situation.

I wish Black America would make an exodus out of the cities and get to the countryside. Of course if there’s no money…

But that should be a primary objective to anyone with means.
    I don’t know where you are but we are being pushed OUT of the cities and into the outskirts. The inner cities are being gentrified as white people move from suburbs back to the cities.

Black Americans in California for instance went from the cities, to the suburbs, and now we are leaving the state altogether. A lot of areas are now White and Mexican instead of White and Black.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    How do bonds guard against hyperinflation? Bonds actually lose their value in high inflationary markets which contributed to the fall of SVB. Please educate me so that I know going forward. Thank you.
    Paying out an exorbitant amout of money especially in the trillion dollar realm would create hyper inflation we actually see this with the stimulus checks that were passed out in 2020 which is one of the reasons we're seeing inflation now so we wouldn't get all that's owed to us at once but eventually the debt would be paid over time so your family wouldn't be "broke" because more than one person in your family would be getting paid on the interest alone ,yes there are risks dealing with bonds yes they can be defaulted on but in my opinion the reward out weighs the risk. I feel that were not here to collapse the economy just here to build our own but nothing has been decided yet and Mr. Dixon has said he's open to anyone who has a better idea because nothing is written in stone.
    That first payment would be straight cash.