The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Acrylics/Fake Nails - Classy or Trashy?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
My opinion on fake nails is mixed. I feel like they can look nice and really add a nice feminine touch to a woman's style but some of the nails I see women rocking are just awful. Like when you get them done and have them longer than a certain length, it just screams "trashy" to me. I have had mine done and I do enjoy it but I don't go overboard with it. This is a case where less is more and if you get more, it just looks terrible. It doesn't help I got an RN degree and know about the germs those long nails harbor either.

This looks nice:
nails.jpg

This DOES NOT:
nails 2.jpg

I want the opinions of both men and women here though. Like do you think they are classy or trashy?

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    When your nails are so long that you start tapping other keys on the keyboard they are too long. I get them as long as the first with either nude or a ombre, never anything over the top. It just takes so long sometimes especially with the nail tech has to take off the old ones.

Hurry Up GIF

zBucks
    I'm cool with small nails or getting your nails polished, but when it's to a point where the nails are as long as fingers, than nah. I'm not a fan of it on women in general. Honestly I'd prefer just regular nails over anything else, but that's just me. It's your body, you do with it what you want. I wouldn't leave a woman who has long nails, I just wouldn't be into them. I think that's totally fine.

Storm

Sixer
    zBucks
    When your nails are so long that you start tapping other keys on the keyboard they are too long. I get them as long as the first with either nude or a ombre, never anything over the top. It just takes so long sometimes especially with the nail tech has to take off the old ones.

Hurry Up GIF
    Yes it takes forever! I hate having to sit there and make small talk too lol

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The small talk can be bad! lol I tend to bring a friend with me and have them sit by so we can talk when I get them done. I am getting cheap though I seldom get them done. I'd rather just get some glue on ones at this point. They don't last as long but they are a lot cheaper!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Hurry Up GIF
    This is why I only go to the spots that serve drinks so that I can get a lil’ buzz going while they’re getting to work.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    This is why I only go to the spots that serve drinks so that I can get a lil’ buzz going while they’re getting to work.
    Those are so expensive here in NY but I feel you.
    The long acrylic nails look ratchet. Short or average length acrylic nails look classy and professional.
    100%. When you can't wipe properly, it's an issue.