The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

After 2020 I refuse to celebrate another New Year coming in

Invincible1914

Sixer
Tither
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I used to do the watch parties and all of that. I remember I would even set my watch to the countdown, but that year was so miserable. I remember before Covid really took off my wife was watching this preacher talking bout he's prophesizing all these great things gonna happen in 2020.... now I think all of the count down stuff and proclamations of how great this year is going to be with the rhymes (It's gonna be new in 22) is crazy.

I still like New Years resolutions though. And I'm always thankful to live to see another one, but man I don't care like that anymore.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I used to do the watch parties and all of that. I remember I would even set my watch to the countdown, but that year was so miserable. I remember before Covid really took off my wife was watching this preacher talking bout he's prophesizing all these great things gonna happen in 2020.... now I think all of the count down stuff and proclamations of how great this year is going to be with the rhymes (It's gonna be new in 22) is crazy.

I still like New Years resolutions though. And I'm always thankful to live to see another one, but man I don't care like that anymore.
    Oh wow look who it is.

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

But what we realize as we get older is that it's just another day. Whatever you was did today is exactly what you're going to do after the ball drops.

It's a cool tradition but it doesn't change anything. That's why I don't celebrate it and also don't do New Years Resolution. Everything I wanted to do in 2022 I already started doing.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    You must have been out in those streets homie. The blasts remind you of the time the Alabama Crips rolled up on you by Pookie’s house.
    Naw. I didnt go out this year. I was in the Boy Scouts soshooting rifles was a PRE Teen thing. I remember when I came from camp with my paper target. I could have got a badge but ther were some highly skilled shooters amongst us nine and ten year olds. I was in some street ish were I had to carry my injured partner to a safe spot during a soot out. It was like some war ish.I used to hear the whistling sounds in my sleep. The whistling from chopper bullets torpedoing our way. A chopper is an assault rifle usually a russian ak, 7.62 grained.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Naw. I didnt go out this year. I was in the Boy Scouts soshooting rifles was a PRE Teen thing. I remember when I came from camp with my paper target. I could have got a badge but ther were some highly skilled shooters amongst us nine and ten year olds. I was in some street ish were I had to carry my injured partner to a safe spot during a soot out. It was like some war ish.I used to hear the whistling sounds in my sleep. The whistling from chopper bullets torpedoing our way. A chopper is an assault rifle usually a russian ak, 7.62 grained.
    Oh that sounds like you got PTSD.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Naw. I didnt go out this year. I was in the Boy Scouts so shooting rifles was a PRE Teen thing. I remember when I came from camp with my paper target. I could have got a badge but ther were some highly skilled shooters amongst us nine and ten year olds. I was in some street ish were I had to carry my injured partner to a safe spot during a soot out. It was like some war ish.I used to hear the whistling sounds in my sleep. The whistling from chopper bullets torpedoing our way. A chopper is an assault rifle usually a russian ak, 7.62 grained.

Oh that sounds like you got PTSD.
    Yea.I got that too. lol

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Yea.I got that too. lol
    You know how gangtsters wear dickies in chucks on the west coast. Down here they was wearing Air Flights and dockers. Dont get me wrong.It aint never been on a level of the Great Cali out here. People down here made the CHOICE to be affiliated.Most didnt have to be,