The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Aida Rodriguez Explains Why Latins Don't Consider Themselves Black

Kanu

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Latino breh don’t be pedantic.
    Well i ask because people still have a problem understanding the definition of race, ethnicity and nationality.
    For example, people in my country don't consider themselves latinos because we don't speak spanish.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well i ask because people still have a problem understanding the definition of race, ethnicity and nationality.
    For example, people in my country don't consider themselves latinos because we don't speak spanish.
    I always say that the standard for Latin/Latino is Julius Caesar. If you say you Latin that’s the set you claiming, you’re claiming Rome. That’s why it’s silly when some Wesley Snipes looking dude calls himself Latin. Like negro, you were a subject of the Latins, you’re suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    But you do speak a Latin based language in Brasilian Portuguese. Hispanic is a Spanish speaker.

Haitians are also Latinos based in Haitian Creole being a French structured language.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    But you do speak a Latin based language in Brasilian Portuguese. Hispanic is a Spanish speaker.

Haitians are also Latinos based in Haitian Creole being a French structured language.
    I agree, the problem is when people start mixing language with race.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ok I see where you were going. I’ve noticed that y’all never lumped yourselves in with the Latino moniker I thought it was because y’all had a ton of Blacks.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    The only ones that'll pass for white have already assimilated

It's the ones marrying into whiteness that gotta bare the brunt

good look for the amigos who are actually brown, cause that rug about be swept from underneath em.
    You hit the nail on the head. They don't realize that the heat is going to be turned up on them. I see it as cowardice, they are trying to ingratiate themselves with the big bad bully and are willing to stomp on whoever to do it. But the big bad bully knows no allies, only interests. When you no longer serve their interest it's finito for brehito.

SnakeyG

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    You hit the nail on the head. They don't realize that the heat is going to be turned up on them. I see it as cowardice, they are trying to ingratiate themselves with the big bad bully and are willing to stomp on whoever to do it. But the big bad bully knows no allies, only interests. When you no longer serve their interest it's finito for brehito.

The killer is going to be immigration status. Then Nationality.

I'm telling you this now, as someone who works in two industries amongst Latinos (rental property & private small construction) that unity is paper thin.

And that's just among Mexicans. Folks from Central America are up shits creek, and most of them don't identify as white, namely the 1st generation born here.

on the flipside, no one will know for sure how this will all play out, we won't be around for it.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The killer is going to be immigration status. Then Nationality.

I'm telling you this now, as someone who works in two industries amongst Latinos (rental property & private small construction) that unity is paper thin.

And that's just among Mexicans. Folks from Central America are up ishs creek, and most of them don't identify as white, namely the 1st generation born here.

on the flipside, no one will know for sure how this will all play out, we won't be around for it.
    Very true. What do you anticipate happening? A fractured buffer class that aligns to aligns into the two-party system?

SnakeyG

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Very true. What do you anticipate happening? A fractured buffer class that aligns to aligns into the two-party system?

It's beyond the two party system

but again, were too early in history to see how it'll play out. None of us here will be alive to see the "final result"

so I for damn sure could be wrong

with that said even amongst those latino communities people know the deal. The youth know how they family get when one of 'em comes out looking porcelain.

^ I've been seeing more and more of this kind of content not soley from black latinos like I use to, and please beleive, it ain't going a way. Now whether or not this is coming from a place of them mad they not giving privilege's of passing or not, is another topic entirely. But like many things we've seen come to frution online, they tend to not stay there. In fact, Latinos use the internet more than any other group. So along with misinformation, anti-black sentiments, these slivers will crack through.

Shit I done seen it first hand, migo gets any kind of management position they flex on the others, then the white boss or superior comes in and they get to being all buddy buddy. Same shit when one of ours gets a little promotion.

If anything they'll be a buffer class within a buffer class, similar to Asians. Koreans and Japanese at the top. White Mexicans and Cubans at the top as well.

Mind you, we're not even getting into the hurdles over immigration status which will play a major role into how this country is shaped in the next 10-20 years, because regardless whether a jackass or elephant is in office, they're opening those floodgates, especially what with climate change migration.

Again, this is highly speculative, but I think the meat of their issues isn't soley gonna be on how they vote, but more so how a certain fragment of the overall population is able to assimilate, which ironically will boost up white numbers demographic wise if it hasn't already started.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

but again, were too early in history to see how it'll play out. None of us here will be alive to see the "final result"

with that said even amongst those latino communities people know the deal. The youth know how they family get when one of 'em comes out looking porcelain.

^ I've been seeing more and more of this kind of content not soley from black latinos like I use to, and please beleive, it ain't going a way. Now whether or not this is coming from a place of them mad they not giving privilege's of passing or not, is another topic entirely. But like many things we've seen come to frution online, they tend to not stay there. In fact, Latinos use the internet more than any other group. So along with misinformation, anti-black sentiments, these slivers will crack through.

ish I done seen it first hand, migo gets any kind of management position they flex on the others, then the white boss or superior comes in and they get to being all buddy buddy. Same ish when one of ours gets a little promotion.

If anything they'll be a buffer class within a buffer class, similar to Asians. Koreans and Japanese at the top. White Mexicans and Cubans at the top as well.

Mind you, we're not even getting into the hurdles over immigration status which will play a major role into how this country is shaped in the next 10-20 years, because regardless whether a jackass or elephant is in office, they're opening those floodgates, especially what with climate change migration.

Again, this is highly speculative, but I think the meat of their issues isn't soley gonna be on how they vote, but more so how a certain fragment of the overall population is able to assimilate, which ironically will boost up white numbers demographic wise if it hasn't already started.
    Great insight on this. They have this term mejorar La raza which basically means to better the race by dating white. Their dysfunction will show as the dark people find their voice.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

ish I done seen it first hand, migo gets any kind of management position they flex on the others, then the white boss or superior comes in and they get to being all buddy buddy. Same ish when one of ours gets a little promotion.

They be saying that dumb shir “we don’t see race” and it’s like nigga all the white people in yo country got the money and all the black people are poor someone sees color in that muhfucka. Tego Calderon is dope as he started repping Blacknees In Puerto Rico and Don Omar lightly did it as well.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I like how she didn’t try to make excuses for the behavior. Was straight up and said its because of white supremacy and proximity to whiteness.
    I was taught that there were 3 major races. Mongoloid, Caucasoid, and Negroid. Caucasians and Mongols came from the Negroid race, however, they became their own race due to adaptation, not evolution. Evolution is misused by scientist for racist purposes of course. To evolve is to improve. However Negroids did not evolve to become Caucasian, we adapted and became Caucasian.

There can be sub races like the Anglos, who are of Caucasian decent from what I remember and what makes sense.

Natives are black. If you look at Asian countries, their natives are black with afro hair most of the time, with asiatic features that come out of east Africa. Not everyone adapted the same way, and not everyone mixed with Neanderthal which added to the adaptation to the environment.

Asians did not practice mixing with black asians. They did however kill them and experiment on them, like Europeans.

But if you look at western countries and islands, including South America, you will see a lot of lighter tan natives. These people were not the first people there, but part of a later wave of asianoids that found there way over there. They brought disease just as the Europeans did. But when Europeans reached the west, the tried to bred the black native and tan so called native out of the people. This is why Polynesians are very Asian and tan looking, when the original people to inhabit the Polynesian Islands were Negroid.

If you look at Tahiti, they have many dark skinned natives that you might even think are black American or maybe Caribbean. But there are many that are obviously Asian in decent that are happy to mix with whites to improve their race.

History and science do not want to tell the obvious truth, even before Negroids began to adapt into other races, negroids were all over the planet. There is no where in earth that Negroids didn't touch first, including Antarctica.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was taught that there were 3 major races. Mongoloid, Caucasoid, and Negroid. Caucasians and Mongols came from the Negroid race, however, they became their own race due to adaptation, not evolution. Evolution is misused by scientist for racist purposes of course. To evolve is to improve. However Negroids did not evolve to become Caucasian, we adapted and became Caucasian.

There can be sub races like the Anglos, who are of Caucasian decent from what I remember and what makes sense.

Natives are black. If you look at Asian countries, their natives are black with afro hair most of the time, with asiatic features that come out of east Africa. Not everyone adapted the same way, and not everyone mixed with Neanderthal which added to the adaptation to the environment.

Asians did not practice mixing with black asians. They did however kill them and experiment on them, like Europeans.

But if you look at western countries and islands, including South America, you will see a lot of lighter tan natives. These people were not the first people there, but part of a later wave of asianoids that found there way over there. They brought disease just as the Europeans did. But when Europeans reached the west, the tried to bred the black native and tan so called native out of the people. This is why Polynesians are very Asian and tan looking, when the original people to inhabit the Polynesian Islands were Negroid.

If you look at Tahiti, they have many dark skinned natives that you might even think are black American or maybe Caribbean. But there are many that are obviously Asian in decent that are happy to mix with whites to improve their race.

History and science do not want to tell the obvious truth, even before Negroids began to adapt into other races, negroids were all over the planet. There is no where in earth that Negroids didn't touch first, including Antarctica.
    Yes you see it all over, Black people are everywhere. It makes sense too. If we’re the first people here then we most likely spread out everywhere and then adapted to different climates.

BeHart

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I agree. Latin people seem to usually identify with White people. I have heard more than once they practice racism in their home countries. And just carry this mentality when they get here. The city I currently reside is predominantly Latino. The trade school I'm in is the same. They look out for each other. They play nice with me for helping them pass trade exams. They see I am in good standing with instructors for my high scores there. The instructors are mostly white and Latino. In otherwords, all that matters to them is what others can do for them. I think they gravitate to white ppl, because they do more for them as immigrants.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree. Latin people seem to usually identify with White people. I have heard more than once they practice racism in their home countries. And just carry this mentality when they get here. The city I currently reside is predominantly Latino. The trade school I'm in is the same. They look out for each other. They play nice with me for helping them pass trade exams. They see I am in good standing with instructors for my high scores there. The instructors are mostly white and Latino. In otherwords, all that matters to them is what others can do for them. I think they gravitate to white ppl, because they do more for them as immigrants.
    The important thing to remember is that Latin is a White language and culture that is from Latium which is where the city of Rome was founded. Rome became the dominant power in Latium and made everyone their subjects. The people of the Iberian peninsula were subjects of these Roman people and adopted the Roman culture as their own.

When these Iberian people came to dominate in the land we now call the Caribbean and South America they brought their Roman aka Latin culture with them. So the very statement “Latin” is claiming allegiance to Whiteness because Latin people are White. White Anglos and Latins traditionally hadn’t got along but they know how to get on code when it comes to subjugation of Black people.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black comics have kept Comedy clubs open for 2 DECADES. Ain't no criwds showin' up no more for a What boy with a guitar and a duck.
    Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by VH1

My nigga said a guitar and a duck. That’s hilarious…we don’t get no props for our sacrifice. That’s why we gotta be fiercely about doing for self.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    BRUH...

I have written for MOST of the 90's Black comics you can name. When I TELL YOU, that juss like SPORTS, MUSIC, and any damn thing ELSE we do? WE OWN COMEDY.

These clubs LITERALLY STAY AFLOAT on NIGGA NIGHT: Dass when the SHRIMP AND CORVAHSEEYAY are DOUBLE, cause they show ain't makin' ney money offa Adam Sandler and David Spade.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    BRUH...

I have written for MOST of the 90's Black comics you can name. When I TELL YOU, that juss like SPORTS, MUSIC, and any damn thing ELSE we do? WE OWN COMEDY.

These clubs LITERALLY STAY AFLOAT on NIGGA NIGHT: Dass when the SHRIMP AND CORVAHSEEYAY are DOUBLE, cause they show ain't makin' ney money offa Adam Sandler and David Spade.

What? People don’t be buying drinks and food like that on the white comedian nights?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What? People don’t be buying drinks and food like that on the white comedian nights?
    NO.

The psychology is different. Niggas NEEEED to be ENVIED, so they NEEEED to have you see them MISSPEND they BREAD, and the place to DO THAT???

The NEW CHURCH???

Became Black standup Comedy night. I got banned for a YEAR from a club because I said "Hey yall... come back TOMORRROW nite, order some Corvahseeyay, put it in a flask and bring it back next week. You'll save 50%!!!"

FACT.

All they had to do was come back on another day to see it.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    NO.

The psychology is different. Niggas NEEEED to be ENVIED, so they NEEEED to have you see them MISSPEND they BREAD, and the place to DO THAT???

The NEW CHURCH???

Became Black standup Comedy night. I got banned for a YEAR from a club because I said "Hey yall... come back TOMORRROW nite, order some Corvahseeyay, put it in a flask and bring it back next week. You'll save 50%!!!"

FACT.

All they had to do was come back on another day to see it.
    That’s a damn shame. So it ain’t that we keeping them open for noble purposes it’s that we go in flexing and run up the tabs.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    The 2 drink minimum is for URRBODY: The perverse pathological NEEEEED to be seen buying the most expensive ish AVAILABLE???

Dass AAAAALLLL NIGGAS.
    Do you think it’s possible that the brothers weren’t endeavoring to show out but simply enjoy the night? What if what you were seeing was indulgence rather than ignorance and an intense need to flex.