The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Always have your own shit before getting into a relationship...

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You are absolutely correct. I was just thinking about this today you know. I got married straight out of college,managing a small business but I feel I could have done better with myself before saying 'I do'.
    It’s basically being whole before becoming someone else’s better half.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Nigga sound lame AF he didn‘t refute anything she said. It’s her fault for dating him but he isn’t providing in the house which is why all the respect is gone. If your woman is supporting you the very least you can do is cook and clean. He sounds like a selfish mama‘s boy. He cooked food she bought, on her dishes, and didnt even think about her. SMH. He should have woke up…gave her some love me long time, then cooked, cleaned, etc. He should be making her life as easy as possible.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well traditionally you weren't supposed to take a wife until you had the means to provide for her, and parents wouldn't give their daughters always if the man couldn't show he could provide for her. I don't understand this whole culture of cohabitating raggedy playing house and shit. If she is not good enough to be your wife, leave her alone. Likewise, for women. People don't know how to treat each other and it's sad. There was a better way to handle the situation besides going to the internet for clout. Folks need to choose better and work on themselves before trying to date. Some folks aren't ready for another person in their life.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

Shoot he is just an overgrown boy that pays taxes. In a lot of circles we'd call a man who lives off a woman without offering anything a bum and parasite and we'd call a woman who let's a man do that to her foolish. It's astonishing seeing these grown men and women acting as roommates with benefits and attempting to call that a relationship. Now that doesn't mean you have to both be making six figures, but at least be in a relationship where both contribute. This whole thing is just a case study.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I mean if she is the provider in the relationship, he has to be okay with playing the supportive role. That is how relationships work. If someone is out of the house busting their backside while you get to sit home all pretty, you need to take care of things outside of that career for your partner. Cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    when I met my wife we were both pretty much on the same level, I made more than she did but that didn't bother me. We both had our own places and after a year decided to get married and buy a house. Everything, in the beginning, used to be split right down the middle, after a few years I just told her to make joint accounts and take out whatever is needed, just don't mess with the savings.
    I don't trip off finances too much, as long as everything is paid on time and we have a stocked kitchen, I honestly don't pay attention to the accounts. My wife isn't high maintenance so I never worry about her spending money on dumb shit. I never argue over money it's one of the rules I took into my marriage, the other rule I live by is, never to argue or interfere with the other person's family or family's issues, unless it's directly affecting you.
    because of these 2 rules I've been able to stay married for almost 24 years.
    nothing is perfect we have our issues (nothing major) but nothing worth fighting over, arguing, and fighting over material stuff is a waste of energy to me, none of it matters when you die, so live accordingly.

Sun Light

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Nigga sound lame AF he didn‘t refute anything she said. It’s her fault for dating him but he isn’t providing in the house which is why all the respect is gone. If your woman is supporting you the very least you can do is cook and clean. He sounds like a selfish mama‘s boy. He cooked food she bought, on her dishes, and didnt even think about her. SMH. He should have woke up…gave her some love me long time, then cooked, cleaned, etc. He should be making her life as easy as possible.
    Agreed
    Well traditionally you weren't supposed to take a wife until you had the means to provide for her, and parents wouldn't give their daughters always if the man couldn't show he could provide for her. I don't understand this whole culture of cohabitating raggedy playing house and shit. If she is not good enough to be your wife, leave her alone. Likewise, for women. People don't know how to treat each other and it's sad. There was a better way to handle the situation besides going to the internet for clout. Folks need to choose better and work on themselves before trying to date. Some folks aren't ready for another person in their life.
    That part!!💯

chinwe

Registered
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Any adult that lives off another in a relationship be it male or female is either being selfish or unreasonable. I mean, its not all about good sex cos the feelings will not always be there, you should be able to carter for yourself. What if the relationship comes to an end, will you go on hunger strike ?, who will pay your bills ?, It dosn't make sense at all.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Being completely dependent in any kind of relationship isn't something cool at all because you would just be a big dead weight for your partner. Even outside love and romance relationship, there's a time that you are expected to start adding to your family relationship and not just be a consumer only.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Seriously!!! I feel like smacking that guy so hard to knock in some senses into his skull. This is definitely no way to live. I don't care whatever his reasons might be for him to have himself being subjected to that kind of insult and slavery. There are still a lot guys that are surviving on the streets with their honor intact which is far better than living like that. This is SHIT!!! 😑

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA

The internet has become the new drug in town. Every Tom, Dick and Harry now posts stuffs that should have been handled privately on the net. I guess they are chasing clout and trying to grow their followers. As a man, when you are struggling, the least you should think of is living with a woman. It has never ended well.