The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Annoying Habit Of Jason Black

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Am I the only one that gets annoyed by Jason Black cutting off people he disagrees with and refusing to let them talk or finish a sentence?

He doesn't seem to be able to debate. He just over talks them and refuses to let them make their point.

Just let the person finish their point and then debunk it.

Personally I find it annoying.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    The issue is that he presents himself as the supreme ultimate holder of all knowledge and therefore being proven wrong will destroy the image he is attempting to project.

It is for this reason that he has to overtaking, cutoff, and railroad anyone who calls in with superior information. The call in to disagree is a joke, you are not allowed to disagree.

The Honorable
    The Honorable
    There was an episode where someone called in and stated that Saudi Arabia was looking to partner with Russia and China and Jason called him all forms of idiot and naive.

However it is absolutely true that Saudi Arabia is looking to move away from the USA and preeminent foreign policy experts speak on it constantly.
    H
    HailCzr85
    The Honorable You hit the nail on the head. He's a know-it-all (aka A Workplace Keith). I work with a know-it-all workplace Karen and when you debunk anything she says or disprove her bullshit, she has a LITERAL meltdown and doesn't allow for you to get the point out. For Karen, that's just where her value is because that girl got trauma from her childhood for days. In Jason's instance, this is business. If a bunch of smarter niggas start callin' him up and debunkin' his shit, then the stupid niggas who worship at his alter and act like he's their daddy won't be tuning in and now he's demonetized and now, this source of income....is gone fishin'.

But that's just my opinion, I could also be totally wrong.
    ART
    ART
    >>> "The call in to disagree is a joke, you are not allowed to disagree."

That's the same with people in general no matter how well-known or regular they are. Absolutely no one wants to be disagreed with, criticized, or panned no matter how completely right or dead wrong they are.

So of course anyone who disagrees and calls into the "Open Line For Haters and Debaters" program (for example) will never "win" the debate with Jason no matter how incorrect he is with certain things.

Staff

Everywhere At All Times
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Excerpt from our article:

The Black Ayatollah Period of The Black Authority Podcast​

Long-time listeners of The Black Authority can remember a time when Jason Black was short-tempered, mean-spirited, and often disrespectful to his callers. Answering too slow, disagreeing, or having an inability to speak clearly would result in the caller being cut-off, lambasted, and humiliated live on air.

Many listeners would tune in specifically for the “blood-bath” that would ensue during the call-in segment. Jason Black has personally coined this persona “The Black Ayatollah” which was discontinued on his YouTube Channel circa 2019.

The New Era of The Black Authority​

Since then Jason Black has adopted a more relaxed approach with his callers which he mentions frequently during is broadcasts. As a result, the program is now more accessible to both listeners and callers alike. However...if you disagree with Jason Black, The Black Ayatollah is still there and will make an appearance in a second.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Female Caller: I disagree that women have it easier than men do because (explains her view).

(JB Interrupts)
    JB: Okay I have a question for you. What size are you?

Female Caller: Haha. That's not important sir. What does that to do with anything?

JB: It has a lot to do with it ma'am.

Female Caller: No it doesn't. Now can you let finish?

JB: I already let you speak. Now again, what size are you?

(Female Caller interrupts)
    Female Caller: No you didn't. See this is the problem with a lot of men....(goes into a mini rant and explains her view in more depth)

JB: You sound like a size 18. Very argumentative and rude.

Female Caller: I am not a size 18. I am not being rude or disrespectful.

JB: Ma'am, we don't talk over the host. Maam, put the crackpipe down and let me speak.

(Both JB and Female Caller argue for under 30 seconds, Female Caller eventually complies)

Female Caller: I am a size 6. I do not have any children. I'm 24.

JB: Hmmmmm, (moans in cynicism) sure you are. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate yourself (do not choose 5 or 6)?

Female Caller: a 7

JB: A 7?

Female Caller: Yes, a 7

JB: Hmmmm... Alright, (mutters "she says she's a 7"). Okay, now I just sent a text to your number, reply to that and send me a picture.

Female Caller: Hold on.

(JB gives monologue and lecture to the audience as Female Caller sends the picture)

JB: Did you send the picture? I didn't receive it. It's been 5 minutes.

Female Caller: Yes I sent the picture.

JB: Okay, is that you? I barely see anything.

Female Caller: Yes that's me.

JB: 😒🙄

H
    HailCzr85
    Thaaaat explains a lot actually.....

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA
    ART
    ART
    HailCzr85

There used to a re-upload YouTube channel around 2021/early 2022 called B1 Brigade Reloaded and they would re-upload a lot of informative deleted videos from PBT, TBA, and a few others until PBT asked for the channel to be taken down. On that channel, I found an old in-depth video that Jason made about Tommy Sotomayor detailing the rise and fall of Tommy, how and why he (Jason) and Tommy were no longer cool, and how and why Tommy Sotomayor became a hypocritical KKKoon especially when he (Tommy) started dating white females (something Tommy swore he would never do and would proudly denounce the Blackness of Black men who did).

PBT found out about the B1 Reload channel and went on Twitter to explain that the B1 Reload channel wasn't him and unfortunately, he got it taken down because the uploader never got his permission to reupload his content. I wish PBT didn't have the channel taken down though because I found a lot of the deleted videos informative and I couldn't find them elsewhere.
    H
    HailCzr85
    Daaaaaaamn!!!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m not going to pretend like Jason and I are friends because we aren’t but I had a call with him mid last year and asked him about this and he says he does it because he already knows what they are going to say.

He said there is no use letting them talk if he already knows which path they are going to take in their debate.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I called in one time, he insulted me, rambled on for 5 minutes, and when I tried to defend myself against all the lies he was saying about me he accused me of being undisciplined and trying to talk over the host. Zo got in his ass for that no homo.

ART
    ART
    Oh I'm feminine. Okay, *takes off ear rings* alright muthafuka Imma show you just how feminine I am when I get right in that ass. 🤬

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Am I the only one that gets annoyed by Jason Black cutting off people he disagrees with and refusing to let them talk or finish a sentence?

He doesn't seem to be able to debate. He just over talks them and refuses to let them make their point.

He’s an ass with good information. At least he is nice now than on the past. He used to be sad bad that I stopped watching.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    He doesn't even have good information. If so he could defend himself with facts and statistics. Instead he just doesn't allow anyone to speak if they disagree.
    That's not manly. That's weak and pathetic!
    ART
    ART
    MR-D-ROB

He actually does show and read posts, statistics, articles, documents, clips, etc in many of his shows though and he analyzes and connects the data for the viewer to easily digest. Granted, some of the info is already easy to digest, but it's how he connects the dots and shows additional info that many can miss. When I watch his broadcasts and the shows/videos of others, I view it as comparing and verifying notes as well as gaining some new information.

OTR

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I find that really annoying too. He interrupts anyone that goes against his narratives. He is a know it all and that often leads to conflict on his live streams. On another note, he does make valid points on certain subject matters. Take his content in small doses and remain objective at all times.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    He's not a people person. Overall, he's fully committed and ten toes down. I think he banned me from his FB page several years ago...lol. Y'all know me, so that shouldn't be a surprise.
    But I got nothing but love for him and like all the influencers that I follow, I accept their idiosyncrasies and foibles. I think anyone that has been a regular listener should fully accept whatever he says to you in the chat or in a phone call. You already know, so you might have good intentions but he thinks differently of why and/or how you called in I won't say never, but I am likely never to call in, ,even if I agree. It would have to be something he requested of the listening audience and I have the info. It is what is.

Not that I'm some great judge but the man ,to me at least, is extremely well read and intelligent. A deep thinker. Not that Boyce, Tariq, and others aren't, but he thinks a wee bit differently about a few things.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I find that really annoying too. He interrupts anyone that goes against his narratives. He is a know it all and that often leads to conflict on his live streams. On another note, he does make valid points on certain subject matters. Take his content in small doses and remain objective at all times.
    Say what you will but Taharka Bey was wrong AF on one of his podcasts and got called out and he said “oh my bad, I’ll update the information”.

Drake Reaction GIF by DJ Khaled

Some of these niggas look down on us so much that they’ll never take correction from us. Taharka showed me that he was truly about giving us the right information and not just being right.

H
    HailCzr85
    You said "some of these niggas" you meant Most of these niggas. Please update your information. lol
    Niecy Nash Smile GIF by SAG Awards

My bad family, I had to take that opportunity before the window closed.

But real talk, most of these niggas look down on us because they know the collective's habits. WE DON'T HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE. All they have to do is say the right things(without actually DOING anything or doing VERY little) and they know that'll hook us. Unfortunately, as a group, we settle for simply being heard, but not accommodated or provided for. So they know how to run game on us.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    He's not a people person. Overall, he's fully committed and ten toes down. I think he banned me from his FB page several years ago...lol. Y'all know me, so that shouldn't be a surprise.
    But I got nothing but love for him and like all the influencers that I follow, I accept their idiosyncrasies and foibles. I think anyone that has been a regular listener should fully accept whatever he says to you in the chat or in a phone call. You already know, so you might have good intentions but he thinks differently of why and/or how you called in I won't say never, but I am likely never to call in, ,even if I agree. It would have to be something he requested of the listening audience and I have the info. It is what is.

Not that I'm some great judge but the man ,to me at least, is extremely well read and intelligent. A deep thinker. Not that Boyce, Tariq, and others aren't, but he thinks a wee bit differently about a few things.
    What this gotta do with him not letting people talk? Everyone knows he’s ten toes down and smart. But his inability to accept any critique or disagreement is also something we have to discuss so we understand what NOT to listen to too.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I don't think he's that smart.
    A intelligent person can argue based on the merits of their argument and doesn't need to cut a person off and refuse to let them speak. They really don't need to go down to insults and belittling the person to win the debate.
    ART
    ART
    MR-D-ROB

Who do you consider smarter than Jason?

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love me some Jason Black but every time he says “your humble servant”…

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

ART
    ART
    He's a "humble" servant who will gladly serve us some "humble pie" if he feels we either disagree with him or are not sophisticated, disciplined, or alert enough to speak with him. 😆
    MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    But we should be able to disagree and give an alternate point of view without having to be insulted and talked over.
    D

Deleted member 1475

I was once an avid listener of Jason Black. Now I can't find the time anymore to be listening to two hour long broadcasts on either 'The Business' or 'The Black Authority' in one day so I can't say that I have any recollection of him talking over anybody but I do remember the conversation that ART brought up and now I realise the many times that Jason has talked over people and brought needless disrespect on some people; I never noticed it at first because I looked up to him a lot and I still do because he motivated me to be a successful man and I remember me telling him this on a Twitter space months ago and he seemed really cool to talk to and gave me some advice that really helped me out but that was probably because I was complementing him, who knows🤷🏽. He does talk really disrespectful at times and can come off as rude but he definitely gave me and others the game on things. I understand where people are coming from though and I'm not wearing any fat capes for anyone.

ART
    ART
    Them Business broadcast be 1/4 of a whole day sometimes.

I'm like 😯🥺. Even setting the video speed at 2x (excluding rewinds) can amount to the video being 3 hours long.

I get upset on how he'll go live on The Business channel and when I try to watch the video after the live is over, he sometimes deletes or privates the video broadcast only to never make it public again. I'm like really? I can't watch the video on YouTube now? 😒 He recently did that with the "CNN Admits Only 20% of Men Get Female Attention" video. Smh.
    MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    Watch the one called Passport bros get their wake up call.

He was completely unprofessional in that one. I lost all respect for him

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We all like listening to these personalities but this is the kind of conversation we need to be able to have if we are ever to mature. Don’t let ANYONE make you feel like you have to slavishly follow people.

If you don’t like that he is cutting people off, that’s your right. Him picking tulips with children in wheelchairs every Sunday does not discredit what you are saying. Now can the tulip thing be an offset for some things you don’t like? Yes.

But we have to look at total packages to ascertain who is and isn’t a net benefit to the community. All the hive mind stuff has gotta go if we are to survive. We should all endeavor to have the strength and fortitude of Malcolm X.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I just feel like he isn't of much value. That cutting people off and refusing to have a debate with them causes a loss of credibility.

Once a person does that I feel like nothing that they say is credible anymore.

I watch other people on YouTube that make mistakes on factual information. Difference is that they come back on air and admit they made an error and explain what the actual truth is.

To me this very reliable because I feel like they are trying to be as correct as possible and even if they mess up they'll admit it.

Do you think Jason Black would ever say he is wrong about anything?
    Jay
    Jay
    To your question, I don’t really know and don’t care to be honest. People that exercise critical thinking will be able to extract the gold in his message and discard the irrelevant.

I feel like he has a lot of utility and provides good insight on a multitude of topics. People just have to understand that he values success and accomplishment over everything.

If Person A has more success than Person B then Person A’s opinion holds more weight. Person B can be the preeminent expert in the field but they will be talked over and disrespected because they are less successful.

Person B cannot speak to the merits of Person A’s argument because Person A has more success. If you’re calling in, he’s automatically Person A and the conversation will go accordingly.

He provides a lot of value so I feel like it can be overlooked depending on a listener’s circumstance. IMO there’s people in the New Black Media that provide 100% less value but are 10x more nasty.

At the very least, Jason is logical so when he brings you information you can trust it was looked at logically and will be delivered logically.

Other personalities will say anything but preface it with “people are saying” so that they don’t have to own the words that are to come next. To me, that is a person of minimal value.

Jason has a ton of value but sometimes you have to decide if there is enough value left there for you as an individual. Sometimes you’ve heard everything you’ve needed to hear and it’s time to move on. Nothing wrong with that.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Yes, he cuts people off. So, cancel over that? Really? lol.

And he is VERY intelligent. You can not like someone and they can still be very intelligent. Lord knows, I can't stand Larry Elder or Thomas Sowell, but they are mad intelligent.

He has massive value. It's not 'dyck' riding. It just is. Any influencer in this space that gets white people shook has a lot of value. I'm not talking random white folks but white folks with some clout. They are scared of him. My guess? More so than Tariq. I am not gonna explain why.

Nesut
    Nesut
    No one said to cancel Jason Black and no one said he wasn't intelligent. People said he over talks people and is disrespectful to those who disagree. These are facts and if you don't like it do the right thing by staying up out the thread. You in here acting like a Black Male Karen with the overly escalatory language. See you got me using big words.

snoopdisappointment OP "Jason over talks people and it's annoying "

bwdisbelief2YOU "OMG you guys want to cancel Jason just because he over talks people"

ME...

Big Boi Smh GIF by Outkast
    Sovereign
    Sovereign
    You still didn’t answer the question.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, he cuts people off. So, cancel over that? Really? lol.

And he is VERY intelligent. You can not like someone and they can still be very intelligent. Lord knows, I can't stand Larry Elder or Thomas Sowell, but they are mad intelligent.

He has massive value. It's not 'dyck' riding. It just is. Any influencer in this space that gets white people shook has a lot of value. I'm not talking random white folks but white folks with some clout. They are scared of him. My guess? More so than Tariq. I am not gonna explain why.
    Whoa Whoa Whoa who said "Cancel Jason Black"? Can you please point out where someone said "Cancel Jason Black?". We have a quote feature so provide an exact quote.

ART
    ART
    Cancel Jason Black? Lol sounds like something Drakbluud "Official MGTOW" would probably say 😭.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    That's literally a form of intellect is being able to articulate a reasonable defense of your views.

He cannot do that at all. When it's just him talking he does okay.

Rashad Richey is much better. Watch his episodes of Bullpen.
    This is what an intelligent black man looks like.
    Jay
    Jay
    MR-D-ROB you’re attributing to lack of intelligence which could easily be attributed to arrogance. One can be intelligent and so arrogant that they think the opinion of others is irrelevant.
    Reactions: ART

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One of my college professors once told me

"No one wins an argument. The best you can do is prove to the other side that your case is reasonable and logical and based on truth and facts. If you can't get to that point then there's no reason to continue debating the other side because you aren't debating a reasonable individual.,"

With Jason Black, there's no way anyone could ever get to that point with him because he won't allow them to speak. He will never try to prove his case based on the merits. Instead, he shuts down any descent.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One thing I will say, I agree with Tariq and Jason in putting anti-Black racists, tapdancers, and self-haters in check because the longer you let them go on unchecked and unchallenged, the more rabid, uncontrollable, venomous, and unhinged they become to Black society (and even all of society). I mean they already get rabid and unhinged enough when they do get muted or challenged, but letting them go unchallenged, unpunished, and unchecked is even worse for us in the long run.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I can agree with someone and still think they are an absolute bafoon.

Fact is agree with most of Jason Black's content. Even when he is cutting people off most of the time he's right.

However if you conduct yourself like that it waters down your argument and your aren't achieving anything.

The very people he needs to get through to will think he's an idiot and is too dumb to listen to advice from.
    H
    HailCzr85
    MR-D-ROB You are absolutely right about that. I only watched his videos long enough that I found 6Zeros and then I was like, yeah this dude ain't for me. I can't stand the unnecessary condescension. Condescension has it's place, but only when dealing with people who are, ironically, like him. The people who think they are the smartest muthafucka in room and automatically assumes everyone else is stupid af.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Remember that mess of a "debate" (more like beef with ad hominem attacks) Jason Black and Cynthia G had some years ago where they were talking over each other and tossing immature insults towards each other? Smh. 😑😬

Jason Black Go In On @Cynthia G

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    This not a debate. It's just for entertainment.

A real debate is that you listen to the other person and then you tear apart their case with facts, information and logic.

The other person attempts to do the same.

Eventually the side that is more incorrect well run out of factual information to support their case or not have facts to support it at all.

If you go to personal insults then either you don't have facts on your side or you're not smart enough to use this facts to support your case!
    ART
    ART
    It sounded like they might of been scared or wary of each other to the point where they didn't went to be vulnerable or challenged, so they resorted to "this."

Basically:

Cynthia G: Why do you women-haters keep attacking Black women on your program? You Black men are so pathetic and gay. This is why the Black community is dead.

Jason Black: I don’t debate with uncouth hoodrats with dollar store wigs. You're not worthy of a debate.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Dr. Neely Fuller practices logic as did his student Dr.Francis Crest Welsing any person who uses logic to problem solve I'm a fan of. Some folks get too emotional and feel like we HAVE to hear their point of view when everyone's point of view or opinion isn't required especially during a 2 hour program as has been said some of us just like to hear the sound of our voice while we should be practicing "eat the fish and spit the bones out!" Everything isn't for everyone that part is understood. B💯✊🏿❣️Questions: At the end of the program, did you learn anything new? Are you listening to learn or just for entertainment? I'm never impressed by off code behavior just let's me know we have a long way to go.
    I don't have to like a person to learn something from them but I will always respect them for what they've accomplished.

IMG_20221004_084850_897.jpg

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I just find it a bit nonsense to have a call in portion and then not listen to or logically debate this calling in.

He barely lets people he agree with speak.

He's disrespectful to his audience and forget it if someone descents as to his opinion.

I had quit listening to him for almost 2 months. I was in a much better place emotionally and mentally by doing so.

This dude is just loud, ignorant and doesn't want to have a nuanced conversation. He just wants people to tell him how great he is.

That's called narcissism!

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I get his methodology on how he does things he actually doesn't care about the callers who call in to sing his praises he usually just says he "appreciates the call and call again" the object of the call in is to ADD TO THE CONVERSATION If you have nothing to ADD then don't call in. I've been listening to the Brother for a while and never felt the need to call in because the program is about teaching so once you get the knowledge you either put it into practice or you're simply tuning in to be entertained because you feel you know it all and neeed for us to hear your point of view.......that's when you start your own broadcast or holding a Twitter space if you want to do it that way. If I have criticism of any of the NBM (and I do) for the most part I keep it to myself as not to add to the envy and jealousy of others......we have enough people that try to pull us down from different races and groups and many times it's found out that the loudest voices of criticism haven't done or built anything to help the Black Community. Knowledge without action is just thought without focus.

Sovereign
    Sovereign
    I believe where you say it is important. A critique loud on Twitter or FB is probably not the best venue.
    Reactions: ZxBro
    MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    That sounds like dangerously close to saying that critique isn't allowed. That can't be the case for people trying to give advice to an entire community.

No one individual has all the answers.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Jason Black is the ultimate know it all. He comes from a family where his parents were business owners. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room because of his relationships & mentoring from different people. His experiences gives him a level of confidence that borders on conceit. The main reason Jason Black doesn't show his face is simple. He can talk all the trash he wants & you can never pull up because you don't know who he is. A very smart guy,his content is top notch. He reminds me of a New Yorker the way he speaks.

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Female Caller: I disagree that women have it easier than men do because (explains her view).

(JB Interrupts)
    JB: Okay I have a question for you. What size are you?

Female Caller: Haha. That's not important sir. What does that to do with anything?

JB: It has a lot to do with it ma'am.

Female Caller: No it doesn't. Now can you let finish?

JB: I already let you speak. Now again, what size are you?

Female Caller: No you didn't. See this is the problem with a lot of men....(goes into a mini rant and explains her view in more depth)

JB: You sound like a size 18. Very argumentative and rude.

Female Caller: I am not a size 18. I am not being rude or disrespectful.

JB: Ma'am, we don't talk over the host. Maam, put the crackpipe down and let me speak.

(Both JB and Female Caller argue for under 30 seconds, Female Caller eventually complies)

Female Caller: I am a size 6. I do not have any children. I'm 24.

JB: Hmmmmm, (moans in cynicism) sure you are. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate yourself (do not choose 5 or 6)?

Female Caller: a 7

JB: A 7?

Female Caller: Yes, a 7

JB: Hmmmm... Alright, (mutters "she says she's a 7"). Okay, now I just sent a text to your number, reply to that and send me a picture.

Female Caller: Hold on.

(JB gives monologue and lecture to the audience as Female Caller sends the picture)

JB: Did you send the picture? I didn't receive it. It's been 5 minutes.

Female Caller: Yes I sent the picture.

JB: Okay, is that you? I barely see anything.

Female Caller: Yes that's me.

JB: 😒🙄
    I remember this. I was definitely in the room 🤣

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    He's not for everybody but he does put in work. For me its substance over style. is he beyond criticism? No, but I'm hearing it about his personality. Not his work. He does the work, so I'm good.

Jay
    Jay
    My brother you cannot say he is NOT beyond criticism and then try to shame or passive aggressively silence people who have critiques.

The Black Authority show is the best it has ever been and it’s because Jason listened to people’s critiques and retired The Black Ayatollah. The Black Ayatollah was a personality and that’s why they are speaking on the personality because its a part of the show.

Jason told me personally that what the people say and think about you is all that matters. So we are hearing what the people think.

I know you’re well intentioned but I don’t think we should approach these topics as if it’s automatically hate. People that’s are today are here because they listen to and support Tariq, TBA, and others.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I remember this. I was definitely in the room 🤣
    I remember that one also & lots of others like it. I get tired of hearing PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN, GET OFF OF THE TOILET & CALLER SOUNDS DRUNK. The insults aren't necessary. Especially coming from a man with his intelligence & influence. No reason to go back & forth, getting off the subject.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We love our brother

We acknowledge our brother is narcissistic lol
    I here for it. Everyone has a level of narcissistic energy in them. He just wields it in a way that isn't ego driven. I quite sure if Jason Black wanted to stunt on us he could.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    A person unwilling to show their face probably shouldn't be quite so arrogant. They definitely shouldn't get to the level of narcissism!

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He's not for everybody but he does put in work. For me its substance over style. is he beyond criticism? No, but I'm hearing it about his personality. Not his work. He does the work, so I'm good.
    Right, I like his personality I think it's a breath of fresh air in an era of people being fake. Yet, I hear the soft skinned people who can't take that level of honesty. When he first started was when he was real bad with it. Folks complaining now don't understand the Ayatollah days.

Jay
    Jay
    I took two years off his show during the Black Ayatollah days. It was brutal. But I came back because his insight on politics was so on point and straight forward.
    Sovereign
    Sovereign
    I don’t think people have a problem with the honesty. Cutting people off when debating is rude and not honest.
    MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    It's not truly a debate or discussion when only one side is allowed to speak. That's propaganda!

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Right, I like his personality I think it's a breath of fresh air in an era of people being fake. Yet, I hear the soft skinned people who can't take that level of honesty. When he first started was when he was real bad with it. Folks complaining now don't understand the Ayatollah days.
    Does anyone have a clip or video showing Jason's Black Ayotallah days?

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We don’t need you apologizing for every single person ever. People are just making an observation and not saying anything negative about him.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    Exactly. I'm simply giving constructive criticism.
    Personally I don't really care to even listen to his channel. Lots of people do though and for him to treat them that way is pathetic.
    RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Huh? Where am I making apologies for him? People are saying negative things about him. And they can. My observation is its about his personality. It's an obvious. That's an observation. My response to that is FOR ME, its about his work not his personality. I can nit pick anything about anyone: Garvey, King, X, Clarke, all the way down, if I looked hard enough.
    Sovereign
    Sovereign
    RCNAL people are basically reviewing his show and you’re saying “omg I can point out flaws in anyone”. You always defend the podcast Bros anytime there is any critique.

You didn’t come in and just say your side…you came in and said we were trying to cancel Jason Black. You came in and went straight up Karen.

We don’t like certain things about the #podcastbros deal with it. There is nothing wrong with us having a discusssion about it. Stop trying to make this a church.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Does anyone have a clip or video showing Jason's Black Ayotallah days?
    You would have to go in to the Black channel archives.

ART
    ART
    Only 2022 videos are available on the main youtube channel. And I already saw a lot of videos of the backup youtube channel. I wish I could see more from 2009-2018

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We don’t need you apologizing for every single person ever. People are just making an observation and not saying anything negative about him.
    We can't make leaders out of the New Black Media because then they will be defied in the eyes of the people. They report the news & that's it. I have the same exact teachers they use to listen to. Once people start reading the teaching of their predecessors then will understand that you yourself have to become the leader. Take inspiration & knowledge & apply it.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I watched a debate between Cenk Uygur and Sam Harris. The discussion was regarding religion.
    They had lots of points that disagreed on. They had a few points where they saw eye to eye. The discussion was pretty heated and testy.
    There was no moderator. It was just too grown man talking out their differences. The discussion was conducted in the professional manner. They allowed each other to speak then they would argue against the other's point of view.

It was a 3 hour video. The entire thing was interesting. I found myself agreeing with Cenk on some things and then I found myself agreeing with Sam on others.

You'll never get that type of nuanced conversation that gets you thinking and literally wondering about your own views and opinions on Jason Black's content. That's because you only have two choices when listening to him. Agree or depart.

I decided to depart!

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    ART, You asked who I consider smarter than Jason Black.
    First I'm going to explain why I think Jason Black is a idiotic bafoon.
    All he does is talk loud, aggressive and states obvious stuff. He'll state or predict something that's so obvious, then the next week or few months later he'll act like that prediction makes him omniscient.
    He comes on and talks regarding the black community as if we're coming from a place of power and that he has the ability to make anything happen. He's a random nigga on YouTube. He has no power.
    He acts like a clown and conducts himself less like a professional media personality and more like an aggressive thug from the streets.

Even Tariq has similar habits. If people disagree with him he'll go to personal insults and accuse them of not being FBA.

These guys seem to just be going off the cuff and ill prepared. That's why they can't just debate on the facts of the matter and instead resort to attacks and insults.

To me that means you got on air not understanding your topic fully and not ready to debate it.

As far as good content I like TD Hip Hop Media. He is young, well spoken, and conducts his content in a very professional manner. He researches before posting content. He comes across that he's verses on the topics before going on air and is well prepared. He doesn't seem to huffy be shooting from the hip. He's looked up his topic and is prepared for anything that may pop up from his audience.

I like Rashad Richey for the same reason. He's well spoken, professional and conducts himself well and debates well. I've seen him break down racists and people look like Brandon Tatum on his bullpen segment. He allows them to speak and then eviscerates their argument piece by piece.

Who's smarter I don't know. I've never met any of these brothers. I can tell you who is more prepared though.

My platoon sergeant used to always stress the 7 Ps

Prior and Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Or the 6 Ps

Piss Poor Planning Prevents Proper Performance

If you fail to plan then you plan to fail.

I think I can safely say that myself and most other intelligent people on this website including yourself plan most things we do. We research and prepare before jumping into an endeavor.

To me it seems Jason Black never does. I get that you may like him and respect him and that's cool.

I just have a poor opinion of anyone that can't defend their point of view without resorting to name calling, cutting people off and refusal to allow descent. That's just my opinion. Hope you can understand where I'm coming from!

Jay
    Jay
    TD Hip Hop is cool and I actually see him at reparations meetings. He doesn’t just be running his mouth online.
    MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    Jay, Exactly. He isn't speaking so much from an emotional point or from a place of anger. Although he is very passionate about what he is saying and may be upset about things he keeps it professional.
    It's all business. He looks up information, researches it and then puts out the facts.
    He may give his opinion on it but it is really more about giving us the information and then letting us make our own mind up about it.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    First, no way I'd call into TBA, even if it was in agreement. It can go left against me at anytime. So, for me, why bother? I am an avid listener. Key word 'listener'. I debate, agree or disagree with what he said with my friends who listen to him AFTER the episode, like we do here in the thread dedicated to him.
    Tariq is much better about callers but I wouldn't call in either.

One thing to remember, and its NOT an excuse. Calling in to respectfully disagree is doing so kinda, sorta in public. No one wants to be countered in public at your own event.

I don't think I've been to a conference on anything by any one, white, black etc when someone from the audience disagreed and they said 'hmm...you know what? You're right and I was wrong' NEVER. Maybe there is but I've never heard it. And I've heard people make excellent points at a variety of conferences, etc.

It's not going to happen with TBA either. Criticizing him on here is all well and good, but that's his personality. Like others I cringe at times at how he responds to someone but overall, he's B1 and I have gotten great info from him so I continue to listen regularly and donate. I said before, he blocked me from the FB chat many years ago....lol...disagreed respectfully. Y'all know how I am. I didn't take it personal at all, because I soon realized that's his personality. I love Tariq, and I often think he goes too far on the non FBA stuff but I get it. Overall, he's B1. My style on here is annoying to a lot of folks I imagine. I get it.

So, do I think the criticisms on TBAs style is legitimate? Sure. I think he may tone it down perhaps in time but for now I accept it as part of the whole package.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I'll have to stand against that. I see TYT self correct quite often.
    Heck muse personally have publicly admitted to being wrong here at least twice.

That's just literally part of being an adult. You're not always going to be right about everything. If a person can't admit that they aren't worth listening to.

Just because a person proclaims to be B1 doesn't mean they aren't a petulant jerk.

It just seems to me they aren't B1. They are for themselves first and the community a distant second.

Again that's just my opinion though!
    Reactions: Nesut

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    You're right. I've seen TYT do it. Now that I think about it, I've heard someone say 'I stand corrected' but its rare. That's the exception, not the rule.

TBA has brought people over to B1. 1000s who wouldn't have otherwise and for that, I manage and temper my critique of him as well as others. They are doing the work. Again, I'm not saying they aren't worthy of criticism. For me, its not important enough to trip about it. For me. Others are different and have a different personality. I'm a 'water off a duck's back' type. Eyes on the prize.

I once heard a sista's criticism of Tariq at a screening I brought her to was he looked like he had lip gloss on. Lips were too shiny. Never got into him again after that. My guess? It was an excuse. But that's my guess.

I was surprised at how much TBA let DOC challenge things without giving back the same energy he'd do to one of us. I liked DOC's energy too. He came from a place of brotherhood, healing, etc.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I criticize all media personalities equally. If any media regardless of race does something incorrect I criticize them.

I posted several criticisms of TYTs Ben Gleib. After he compared a racist that attacked a black college student to Kyrie Irving's tweets I was highly critical of that stance.

An assault and a tweet aren't the same thing at all and I made how I felt about that known. Several other black viewers were upset.

I just didn't post anything about it here because everyone on here focuses on New Black Media.
    Nesut
    Nesut
    MR-D-ROB i wasn’t talking about you.
    MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I know. I was just making the point of what you were saying. That even though you like a media personality you can occasionally disagree with them.

Some people have no critical thinking skills. They just follow and agree with everything the person says.

They can't make their mind up on what to think. They instead prefer to be told what to think.

Redd*Blitz

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Big ups to the brilliant broadcasts of Professor Truth, Lisa Cabrera, TD Hip Hop News, Taurean Reign, plus a few others that escapes me...lol Jason Black is cool. He has his moments. He's smart, but too, I've learned overtime in taking guys like him with little grains of salt. Aside from his antics, I too block all the BS and focus on the necessary and important content Black presents to both his viewers and listeners. To a degree, Black is entertainment just like Tariq, so in knowing how, when and where to differentiate, all is still fine with me, but very informative. At the end of the day, it is what it is! Many of us Blacks can't always let our emotions and all out hype invade what's of our greater purpose, value and objective. Also, each and every one of us here has a voice. We're too leaders in our own rights of paths and journeys. The New Black Media is just one branch of source for alerting, educating, broadening, and helping to keep us aware. It all shouldn't be looked at though as THE only go-to, as far as leadership is concerned. If nothing, like that of White supremacy's institution, WE as Black people need to start operating in that of many facets which share all a unified, organized, and combined objective goal for purpose, power and distinction!

Last edited:
    D

Deleted member 1946

He definitely does this all the time. He will definitely play some "coon" music as well to show a person is buck dancing too.

D

Deleted member 1946

Big ups to the brilliant broadcasts of Professor Truth, Lisa Cabrera, TD Hip Hop News, Taurean Reign, plus a few others that escapes me...lol Jason Black is cool. He has his moments. He's smart, but too, I've learned overtime in taking guys like him with little grains of salt. Aside from his antics, I too block all the BS and focus on the necessary and important content Black presents to both his viewers and listeners. To a degree, Black is entertainment just like Tariq, so in knowing how, when and where to differentiate, all is still fine with me, but very informative. At the end of the day, it is what it is! Many of us Blacks can't always let our emotions and all out hype invade what's of our greater purpose, value and objective. Also, each and every one of us here has a voice. We're too leaders in our own rights of paths and journeys. The New Black Media is just one branch of source for alerting, educating, broadening, and helping to keep us aware. It all shouldn't be looked at though as THE only go-to, as far as leadership is concerned. If nothing, like that of White supremacy's institution, WE as Black people need to start operating in that of many facets which share all a unified, organized, and combined objective goal for purpose, power and distinction!
    You gave a very good response.