Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Anti-Black Moments/Connotations In Videogames

GACishere

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
What are some Anti-Black moments and connotations that you have noticed from certain videogames? These can be videogames that you have played in the past, just recently played etc.
Not the brag about myself i wrote an article about this topic on the 6zeros
Check it out It's on the articles page 😁😂

GACishere

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Balrog in Street Fighter Alpha 3. When he gets hit, he looks like a coon bucking his eyes and lips. I think Balrog is a secret character on Street Fighter Alpha 3.
There's only seven Black characters in the whole street Fighter canon mike sf1,
Balrog/M. bison/Boxer and dee jay sf2 elena sf3 and sean sf3 laura in sf 5 and kimberly in sf6

GACishere

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Are you saying that M. Bison is Black?
The Japanese name for Barlog in street fighter 2 is Mike bison
But they changed it to balrog to avoid getting sued by Mike Tyson And bison was originally supposed to be called Vega
And Vega was originally supposed to be called balrog So in Street fighter two came to the United States they just switched around the names otherwise they have codenames which is boxer, claw and dictator.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The Japanese name for Barlog in street fighter 2 is Mike bison
    But they changed it to balrog to avoid getting sued by Mike Tyson And bison was originally supposed to be called Vega
    And Vega was originally supposed to be called balrog So in Street fighter two came to the United States they just switched around the names otherwise they have codenames which is boxer, claw and dictator.
    Oh I see what you're saying. I thought you were saying "Vega" was Black and I was like nah that nigga is Thai.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I broke Jay's heart with this, but Zelda:Breathe of the Wild.
    It features the town of Gerudo with nothing but "strong black women". No men are allowed.
    In the game, some of the women are literally taking classes about how to divest and find a husband. All the ones that got married, married white men.
    Then they had a special side quest where Link helped build a town and hooked up one of the Gerudo women with a fat white guy and they lived happily ever after. lol.
    The last Gerudo boy they gave birth to was Gannondorf, the evil black man.

There is another town of black people. They are fishermen. And all the black men are docile.

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    Weren't a majority of black characters in video games often just stereotypes for the most part? I remember when they made a game based on Bad Boys, and they used random voice actors to play the parts. I just remember it being cringy and racist sounding, like the people they chose to voice

I can't think of anything off the top of my head though. But I'm sure there are many games out there that have bad connotations.