The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Any mma fans?

ROADGAWD

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
I haven't been keeping up with UFC but I love MMA. ROADGAWD have you been keeping up with this card?
Nah but ima say Volk and Chimaev are beasts, that 2nd Yan fight with Sterling is a big one since Yan got DQ'd last fight for an illegal knee hit, it was anti black shit concerning Sterling getting the W.

jasonrest

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Nah but ima say Volk and Chimaev are beasts, that 2nd Yan fight with Sterling is a big one since Yan got DQ'd last fight for an illegal knee hit, it was anti black shit concerning Sterling getting the W.

they need a different solution for DQ issues on championship fights.
I can see DQ for not title but when its all on the line. nahhh.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
Yeah it's not consistent, that's why I don't even train certain things because of that DQ shit i.e. Jon Jones was DQ'd for a 12-6 elbow from mount giving himself a loss because of the ref and the commission itself(which has a funny story as to why that particular elbow strike was banned)

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah it's not consistent, that's why I don't even train certain things because of that DQ shit i.e. Jon Jones was DQ'd for a 12-6 elbow from mount giving himself a loss because of the ref and the commission itself(which has a funny story as to why that particular elbow strike was banned)

Facts. In Muay Thai I wouldn’t train certain knee strikes or elbows for that very reason. When you’re fighting at little local places where the opponent is the ref’s cousin or one of the judge’s nephews you have to be mindful.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Herb Dean said this after the dumb ass Petr Yan DQ:

“There’s a lot going on with that situation, the way the rules are written, there’s part of it that’s the interpretation of the official. But there are some things in the rules that there’s a must and you have to.

“I think that we need more options and more tools, because every situation, not every situation, is black and white. Every situation is far from black and white and every time you’re in there you’re getting a different touch or a different spin on ythe situation every time.”

I know they want to protect the fighters but some of these DQs could have been a warning.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you're a professional, you already know the kind of combat attack that's allowed to be used, if you get yourself DQ for mixing it up, you shouldn't blame anyone in my opinion.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    If you're a professional, you already know the kind of combat attack that's allowed to be used, if you get yourself DQ for mixing it up, you shouldn't blame anyone in my opinion.
    Most if not all rules concerning mma are agreed upon by the athletic commission associated with governing a fight organization, which varies across state, country, which organizations you fight for etc. But the enforcement of those rules and standards for fighting in mma organizations are determined by a referee judge and/or commission itself which is why it is inconsistent and not by whether the fighter, professional or otherwise, is aware or not. That's why the post you quoted I said I don't train certain moves to avoid possible DQ but it's still not guaranteed because anything can happen in a fight and the discretion is still in the hands of the organization you fight in, not you the fighter.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most if not all rules concerning mma are agreed upon by the athletic commission associated with governing a fight organization, which varies across state, country, which organizations you fight for etc. But the enforcement of those rules and standards for fighting in mma organizations are determined by a referee judge and/or commission itself which is why it is inconsistent and not by whether the fighter, professional or otherwise, is aware or not. That's why the post you quoted I said I don't train certain moves to avoid possible DQ but it's still not guaranteed because anything can happen in a fight and the discretion is still in the hands of the organization you fight in, not you the fighter.
    That really sucks to say the least because no matter how careful you are, it's all held into review of another who decides if it's acceptable or in violation. There should be a universal rule in my opinion that should apply all over.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    That really sucks to say the least because no matter how careful you are, it's all held into review of another who decides if it's acceptable or in violation. There should be a universal rule in my opinion that should apply all over.
    That's what could've been the case if the rules were unified across the board but politics infecting the umbrella of martial arts has messed up that ever happening i.e. a senator from Minnesota doesn't like elbow strikes so all fights in Minnesota can't use elbows even if accidental.
    Did yall see old ass Olenik make Vanderaa tap out? Vanderaa was looking flabby and sick and got that work.
    Yeah he do look like it because he looked tired asl tapping to scarf fold.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes I know he looked so gassed around 2 minutes. There was a couple times where they looked super sloppy but I knew he wasn’t going to go the whole way. He didn’t look like he was in fight shape. He looked like he started camp 2 weeks before the fight.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Yes I know he looked so gassed around 2 minutes. There was a couple times where they looked super sloppy but I knew he wasn’t going to go the whole way. He didn’t look like he was in fight shape. He looked like he started camp 2 weeks before the fight.
    That's what I saw with Nick diaz last fight too, probably too soon like you said, not enough camp etc.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's what could've been the case if the rules were unified across the board but politics infecting the umbrella of martial arts has messed up that ever happening i.e. a senator from Minnesota doesn't like elbow strikes so all fights in Minnesota can't use elbows even if accidental.

To be very honest with you, that's completely trash. Politics is a very big problem in the world today and it affects almost everyone and everything. Even look at what it's been done by FIFA and UEFA.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    To be very honest with you, that's completely trash. Politics is a very big problem in the world today and it affects almost everyone and everything. Even look at what it's been done by FIFA and UEFA.
    Definitely Fifa/Uefa had those scandals and everything, that's exactly why most fighters stick to the local settings and avoid the Ngannou/Jon Jones treatment. Some of us just want to fight, too much bs involved with the big leagues.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Definitely Fifa/Uefa had those scandals and everything, that's exactly why most fighters stick to the local settings and avoid the Ngannou/Jon Jones treatment. Some of us just want to fight, too much bs involved with the big leagues.
    It's really a big shame they are slowing killing a beautiful sports with the politics crap they are getting involved in the mix. Only if athletes could abandon the sports for them but it's highly impossible for that to happen.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    It's really a big shame they are slowing killing a beautiful sports with the politics crap they are getting involved in the mix. Only if athletes could abandon the sports for them but it's highly impossible for that to happen.
    I could go into it as to the why but the new black media better explains the situation involving athletes and the organizations they work for and I agree there should be change to these things.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I could go into it as to the why but the new black media better explains the situation involving athletes and the organizations they work for and I agree there should be change to these things.
    Man whenever money gets involved that becomes peoples number one motivator. Money motivation kills sports, music, and anything it touches. The money motivation brings corporations, the corporations take the art and reduce it down to a highly reduced down version of it that maximizes engagement at lowest cost. Corporatism eventually kills everything it touches.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Man whenever money gets involved that becomes peoples number one motivator. Money motivation kills sports, music, and anything it touches. The money motivation brings corporations, the corporations take the art and reduce it down to a highly reduced down version of it that maximizes engagement at lowest cost. Corporatism eventually kills everything it touches.
    This is pure facts that you just spilled here. It's the same thing with footfall and what money have done to it and the same thing goes with MMA. I can remember well since the sale of Neymar for 222 billion to PSG, footfall have never been the same again.