The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Anyone Here Loves International Travel?

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
If so, where have you been, or would love to go?

I have been to the following countries:

Bahamas 🇧🇸
Canada 🇨🇦
St. Maarten 🇸🇽
Puerto Rico 🇵🇷
Kenya 🇰🇪
Brazil 🇧🇷
Spain 🇪🇸
Mexico 🇲🇽
Nigeria 🇳🇬
Guatemala 🇬🇹
Colombia 🇨🇴
Haiti 🇭🇹
India 🇮🇳
Egypt 🇪🇬
Sudan 🇸🇩
Ethiopia 🇪🇹
Ghana 🇬🇭

For simplicity sakes, I will just count Puerto Rico as a "country". My bucket list currently includes Ireland 🇮🇪 because it is cheap, Senegal 🇸🇳 because of its reputation for having delicious food, the city of Dakar, and its exotic vibe, and Nicaragua since it seems to have all that Costa Rica have but actual CHARACTER whereas Costa Rica seems dreadfully boring to me. How about yall?

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Bahamas 🇧🇸
    Canada 🇨🇦
    St. Maarten 🇸🇽
    Puerto Rico 🇵🇷
    Kenya 🇰🇪
    Brazil 🇧🇷
    Spain 🇪🇸
    Mexico 🇲🇽
    Nigeria 🇳🇬
    Guatemala 🇬🇹
    Colombia 🇨🇴
    Haiti 🇭🇹
    India 🇮🇳
    Egypt 🇪🇬
    Sudan 🇸🇩
    Ethiopia 🇪🇹
    Ghana 🇬🇭

For simplicity sakes, I will just count Puerto Rico as a "country". My bucket list currently includes Ireland 🇮🇪 because it is cheap, Senegal 🇸🇳 because of its reputation for having delicious food, the city of Dakar, and its exotic vibe, and Nicaragua since it seems to have all that Costa Rica have but actual CHARACTER whereas Costa Rica seems dreadfully boring to me. How about yall?
    I’ve never been out of the country! I want to travel to Spain, Egypt, Ghana, Mexico on the Texas side lol, Thailand, New Zealandand and Australia are my top travel wishes list

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Very impressive list Marcel (and others). One thing I can say about international travel is that it makes you look at America differently when you come back if you have spent a reasonable amount of time away. You see America better and you see the good and bad of it as real as hell.

Also, in some parts of the world, just being a black American male (you have a US passport, look, dress and talk black American) you are a de facto B or C list celebrity automatically. The world likes us in a lot of places.

Also, you see the foreign blacks callers to Tariq, etc as pure cap. Why? They know most black Americans have never been out of the country. So they can front like they got it popping in America. The reality is I've never, ever seen native Africans do better than American blacks in any country AND are (sadly) treated badly and black Americans are seen as similar to a large extent as white Americans.

I've said this to friends who ask me about how 'we' are treated overseas and I say by and large, generally speaking, you are your passport. What ever prestige or lack of prestige of your country, is applied to you. You can look exactly like the Kenyan next to you and you are between him and a white American but the locals will treat you as if you are the white American. They will see you both as more alike.

Also, and I can only speak as a man. When you come back to America after a fairly long stint overseas, you find yourself automatically giving off signals upon return to America. If you go back to the hood, your posture is 'I'm not a victim. I'm not prey' to the brothers on the block. If you are around white people in all white spaces, your posture is 'I'm not a threat'.

And overseas, by and large, you look at cops completely different. They aren't looking to hem you up. They are friendly even. I remember asking local police in Barcelona, Spain for directions and one of them actually walked me to the right area, smiling, etc. It threw me off. In America, upon return, I'm on edge around white cops. Especially driving.

Also, I remember in Korea in the winter, I had a ski mask on and I went into the bank to do something and I muttered out loud "Oh sh*t" and I quickly took off my ski mask thinking they will think I came to rob the place. No one was tripping and I realized this automatic reaction was from living in America and knowing if I walked into a bank with a ski mask in winter it could easily be seen as a threat by bank security. And the guard might come over and question me.

Finally, the one thing I adopted was a sense of risk. I was more of a risk taker in business, etc. Not saying a reckless risk taker, but I was more open minded and open to more things. For example, I got into cryptos early while overseas. I would not have had I never been overseas. I made moves that made me more money that I would not have had I stayed in America. I'd have stayed in my safe, secure lane.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Current

Mexico 🇲🇽
    Hawaii 🇺🇸 (Since you included PR)

Future

Aruba 🇦🇼 (Next March)🇦
    Ghana 🇬🇭 (2024)
    Ghana was AMAZING
    , I rarely visit a country more than once, outside of Bahamas and Canada which I really did not want to but circumstances led to me doing so. However, I DEFINITELY want to return to Ghana, Nigeria too.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ghana was AMAZING
    , I rarely visit a country more than once, outside of Bahamas and Canada which I really did not want to but circumstances led to me doing so. However, I DEFINITELY want to return to Ghana, Nigeria too.
    How was the food? I heard it is the bomb. That's what I'm really excited about. I also want to go to Mali as well and see Timbuktu and University of Sankore.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How was the food? I heard it is the bomb. That's what I'm really excited about. I also want to go to Mali as well and see Timbuktu and University of Sankore.
    I know there are a lot of jokes made about the various African cuisines but the food in both countries were amazing, especially Nigeria. However, one of my favorite dishes of all time is is from Ghana, it is called kwelekwele, a dish of fried plantains and some type of beans cooked in a spicy type of seasoning, that with jollof rice was something I could not get enough of while in Ghana.

I want to visit Mali as well but due to the unstable political system there, ESPECIALLY in the area where Timbuktu is located, that is not wise at the moment.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Bahamas 🇧🇸
    Canada 🇨🇦
    St. Maarten 🇸🇽
    Puerto Rico 🇵🇷
    Kenya 🇰🇪
    Brazil 🇧🇷
    Spain 🇪🇸
    Mexico 🇲🇽
    Nigeria 🇳🇬
    Guatemala 🇬🇹
    Colombia 🇨🇴
    Haiti 🇭🇹
    India 🇮🇳
    Egypt 🇪🇬
    Sudan 🇸🇩
    Ethiopia 🇪🇹
    Ghana 🇬🇭

Brother Marcel!! I've been to Donegal Ireland and Bahia Brazil. Ireland was beautiful and I ate raw half shell oysters there. They also have big greasy breakfasts back when I did have meat. I studied abroad in Bahia Brazil as a Wayne State Africans studies major. We went to a Condomble ceremony, attended a Capoeira class and saw a reggae concert along with enjoying nightlife and attending Professors lecture. I got sick for two days cause I ate a white dudes bad greens. But the whole trip was unforgettable!

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’ve never been out of the country! I want to travel to Spain, Egypt, Ghana, Mexico on the Texas side lol, Thailand, New Zealandand and Australia are my top travel wishes list
    Sis, you better get. that passport :) Just in case something goes down, ...

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can definitely concur with you saying that traveling internationally can definitely help instill in a person a sense of being more comfortable taking reasonable risks. Also, for me myself, it definitely increased my self-confidence because I often traveled abroad ALONE, I had to rely on myself to arrange everything, think on my feet, and more.
    Very impressive list Marcel (and others). One thing I can say about international travel is that it makes you look at America differently when you come back if you have spent a reasonable amount of time away. You see America better and you see the good and bad of it as real as hell.

Also, in some parts of the world, just being a black American male (you have a US passport, look, dress and talk black American) you are a de facto B or C list celebrity automatically. The world likes us in a lot of places.

Also, you see the foreign blacks callers to Tariq, etc as pure cap. Why? They know most black Americans have never been out of the country. So they can front like they got it popping in America. The reality is I've never, ever seen native Africans do better than American blacks in any country AND are (sadly) treated badly and black Americans are seen as similar to a large extent as white Americans.

I've said this to friends who ask me about how 'we' are treated overseas and I say by and large, generally speaking, you are your passport. What ever prestige or lack of prestige of your country, is applied to you. You can look exactly like the Kenyan next to you and you are between him and a white American but the locals will treat you as if you are the white American. They will see you both as more alike.

Also, and I can only speak as a man. When you come back to America after a fairly long stint overseas, you find yourself automatically giving off signals upon return to America. If you go back to the hood, your posture is 'I'm not a victim. I'm not prey' to the brothers on the block. If you are around white people in all white spaces, your posture is 'I'm not a threat'.

And overseas, by and large, you look at cops completely different. They aren't looking to hem you up. They are friendly even. I remember asking local police in Barcelona, Spain for directions and one of them actually walked me to the right area, smiling, etc. It threw me off. In America, upon return, I'm on edge around white cops. Especially driving.

Also, I remember in Korea in the winter, I had a ski mask on and I went into the bank to do something and I muttered out loud "Oh sh*t" and I quickly took off my ski mask thinking they will think I came to rob the place. No one was tripping and I realized this automatic reaction was from living in America and knowing if I walked into a bank with a ski mask in winter it could easily be seen as a threat by bank security. And the guard might come over and question me.

Finally, the one thing I adopted was a sense of risk. I was more of a risk taker in business, etc. Not saying a reckless risk taker, but I was more open minded and open to more things. For example, I got into cryptos early while overseas. I would not have had I never been overseas. I made moves that made me more money that I would not have had I stayed in America. I'd have stayed in my safe, secure lane.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Brother Marcel!! I've been to Donegal Ireland and Bahia Brazil. Ireland was beautiful and I ate raw half shell oysters there. They also have big greasy breakfasts back when I did have meat. I studied abroad in Bahia Brazil as a Wayne State Africans studies major. We went to a Condomble ceremony, attended a Capoeira class and saw a reggae concert along with enjoying nightlife and attending Professors lecture. I got sick for two days cause I ate a white dudes bad greens. But the whole trip was unforgettable!
    Bahia is beautiful 🤩 Clear water!

I spent a Christmas there in the heat :), and I remember I was hitting on this Brazilian girl that I just met and my awkward genes kicked in (don't laugh, but I just swam around here like a fish) ..

This was around the time of Lula .. Good times ...

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Bahamas 🇧🇸
    Canada 🇨🇦
    St. Maarten 🇸🇽
    Puerto Rico 🇵🇷
    Kenya 🇰🇪
    Brazil 🇧🇷
    Spain 🇪🇸
    Mexico 🇲🇽
    Nigeria 🇳🇬
    Guatemala 🇬🇹
    Colombia 🇨🇴
    Haiti 🇭🇹
    India 🇮🇳
    Egypt 🇪🇬
    Sudan 🇸🇩
    Ethiopia 🇪🇹
    Ghana 🇬🇭

Dag! Yes, that list is impressive! Mine,
    Mexico (I actually worked there for 5 months in a work exchange program), Brazil, Netherlands, Italy (I was a semi homeless vagabond backpacker then) ... Central America (took a bus through almost every country there) ...

yeah, traveling opens your eyes .. I had so much culture shock coming back from Mexico, I didn't want to do some of the things anymore for a while ..

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ghana was WONDERFUL, I did NOT like Egypt outside of the food and respect for the ancient culture, I actually liked the history and culture of Sudan WAAAAAY more even though it was faaaaar less developed than Egypt.

Australia is definitely on my bucket list as well but it is quite expensive from that EXTREMELY long flight to how expensive it is once there.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I did a Capoeira class as well in Brazil, it was quite the experience!

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm an avid traveler. I love international travel, particularly when traveling by water and traveling the high seas.

Countries Lived In:
    Germany🇩🇪
    Bahrain 🇧🇭

Countries Visited:
    Bimini Island (Bahamas)
    Bahamas 🇧🇸
    Cayman Island 🇰🇾
    Jamaica
    Haiti
    Dom Rep
    Cuba
    Puerto Rico
    Panama 🇵🇦
    Colombia 🇨🇴
    San Andres Island - Columbian terrority
    Mexico 🇲🇽
    Costa Rica 🇨🇷
    El Salvador 🇸🇻
    Nicaragua
    Canada 🇨🇦
    Artic Circle-Barrow Alaska
    Russia 🇷🇺
    South Korea
    Japan
    Vietnam 🇻🇳
    Phillipines
    Brunei 🇧🇳
    Malaysia 🇲🇾
    Thailand 🇹🇭
    Guam (U.S.)
    North Mariana Islands (U.S.)
    Hawaii (U.S.)
    Wake Island (U.S.)
    Singapore 🇸🇬
    Indonesia 🇮🇩
    Iraq 🇮🇶
    Kuwait 🇰🇼
    Qatar 🇶🇦
    Italy 🇮🇹
    France 🇫🇷
    Belgium 🇧🇪
    The U.K.

Countries I would like to visit:
    Ghana 🇬🇭
    Egypt 🇪🇬
    Zimbabwe 🇿🇼
    Oman 🇴🇲
    Brazil 🇧🇷
    Fiji 🇫🇯
    Solomon Island 🇸🇧
    U.A.E.
    Turk and Caicos Island

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    O si si si...o nao nao nao! When I did the class I almost split my pants and the little Brazilian children were laughing at me lol!
    Yeah! I can hear the berimbau in my ears now :) You're not alone..., when I got back to the states, I took a class and jumped up, tried to do some move like a torpedo ..

Must have been the ancestors awakening .. I don't know where that reflex came from ..

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm an avid traveler. I love international travel, particularly when traveling by water and traveling the high seas.

Countries Lived In:
    Germany🇩🇪
    Bahrain 🇧🇭

Countries Visited:
    Bimini Island (Bahamas)
    Bahamas 🇧🇸
    Cayman Island 🇰🇾
    Jamaica
    Haiti
    Dom Rep
    Cuba
    Puerto Rico
    Panama 🇵🇦
    Colombia 🇨🇴
    Mexico 🇲🇽
    Costa Rica 🇨🇷
    El Salvador 🇸🇻
    Nicaragua
    Canada 🇨🇦
    Russia 🇷🇺
    South Korea
    Japan
    Vietnam 🇻🇳
    Phillipines
    Brunei 🇧🇳
    Malaysia 🇲🇾
    Thailand 🇹🇭
    Guam (U.S.)
    Hawaii (U.S.)
    Wake Island (U.S.)
    Singapore 🇸🇬
    Indonesia 🇮🇩
    Iraq 🇮🇶
    Kuwait 🇰🇼
    Qatar 🇶🇦
    Italy 🇮🇹
    France 🇫🇷
    Belgium 🇧🇪
    The U.K.

Ghana 🇬🇭
    Egypt 🇪🇬
    Zimbabwe 🇿🇼
    Oman 🇴🇲
    Brazil 🇧🇷
    Fiji 🇫🇯
    Solomon Island 🇸🇧
    U.A.E.
    Turk and Caicos Island
    I think it's safe to say none of us can touch your list Bro !

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah! I can hear the berimbau in my ears now :) You're not alone..., when I got back to the states, I took a class and jumped up, tried to do some move like a torpedo ..

Must have been the ancestors awakening .. I don't know where that reflex came from ..
    All this talk about Capoeira is making me want to get back into it!

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Countries Lived In:
    Germany🇩🇪
    Bahrain 🇧🇭

Countries Visited:
    Bimini Island (Bahamas)
    Bahamas 🇧🇸
    Cayman Island 🇰🇾
    Jamaica
    Haiti
    Dom Rep
    Cuba
    Puerto Rico
    Panama 🇵🇦
    Colombia 🇨🇴
    Mexico 🇲🇽
    Costa Rica 🇨🇷
    El Salvador 🇸🇻
    Nicaragua
    Canada 🇨🇦
    Russia 🇷🇺
    South Korea
    Japan
    Vietnam 🇻🇳
    Phillipines
    Brunei 🇧🇳
    Malaysia 🇲🇾
    Thailand 🇹🇭
    Guam (U.S.)
    Hawaii (U.S.)
    Wake Island (U.S.)
    Singapore 🇸🇬
    Indonesia 🇮🇩
    Iraq 🇮🇶
    Kuwait 🇰🇼
    Qatar 🇶🇦
    Italy 🇮🇹
    France 🇫🇷
    Belgium 🇧🇪
    The U.K.

Ghana 🇬🇭
    Egypt 🇪🇬
    Zimbabwe 🇿🇼
    Oman 🇴🇲
    Brazil 🇧🇷
    Fiji 🇫🇯
    Solomon Island 🇸🇧
    U.A.E.
    Turk and Caicos Island
    Zimbabwe 🇿🇼 is on my bucket list as well, the ruins of Great Zimbabwe are a "must do" for me!

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Damn, you guys traveling the whole world! I haven't done much traveling myself, but I've always wanted to travel the world, but limited money is keeping me from doing that yet. But, I have been saving and planning a trip out to Japan with some friends. When that will happen, I've got no clue, but would like to go soon.

And I've always wondered what it would be like to live in another country. Maybe it'd be a bit better than the US.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Most overrated:
    -Cayman Islands
    -Hawaii

Most Underrated:
    -Bimini Island, Bahamas (the beaches and Black people there are amazing)
    -Panama (For single men)
    -Old Cartegena, Columbia (Married couples)

Best Beach:
    -Bimini, by far. The beaches here are spectacular. With a cigar and cold beers...I could die out there. Perfect place to take a lady to romance her if your in South Florida. If you like ocean fishing, you can't beat it. Go sometime before Thanksgiving, to beat the snowbirds, preferably the first two weeks of November. Prices are super cheap and you'll have the island, casino, etc all to yourself.

Expensive, but worth the price:
    -Bahrain. I lived there for a year and a half. This can get pricy, but it worth every penny. Luxury....Luxury...Luxury. They had something like Uber eats there before it became a thing here in the states. Arabs are lazy and abhor manual labor or going out in the heat. Literally everying comes with service. The food is amazing. Some of best chefs in world cook in the 5-star restaurants there. Weekend bunches are a staple thoughout the country. Street food isn't bad either. The juices and fruit are to die for. The Bahraini's are pretty cool and westernized to an extent. Best time to visit, either right before or right after Ramadan. Bahrain 🇧🇭 is the Las Vegas of the Middle East. Visiting will be an eye opener on how different Western culture is verses Arabic Culture. Exchange rate is about 2.5 diners to 1 U.S. Dollar. Once you learn the island, you will find really good deals on jewerly, pearls, gold, rugs and furniture. Alcohol consumption is legal at hotel bars and the drinks are notoriously strong....put your big boy pants on. Hookah is a way of life there and there is no better place to smoke it.

Expensive, but a waste of time:
    -Guam. Been there twice. Never want to go back. Ever.
    -Caymen Islands. Save your money and go vist to Bimini, Jamaica or Cuba.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Damn, you guys traveling the whole world! I haven't done much traveling myself, but I've always wanted to travel the world, but limited money is keeping me from doing that yet. But, I have been saving and planning a trip out to Japan with some friends. When that will happen, I've got no clue, but would like to go soon.

And I've always wondered what it would be like to live in another country. Maybe it'd be a bit better than the US.
    I would love to visit The Philippines 🇵🇭 but Japan does seem interesting because of that real life Mario Kart game, seems so cool!

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most overrated:
    -Cayman Islands
    -Hawaii

Most Underrated:
    -Bimini Island, Bahamas (the beaches and Black people there are amazing)
    -Panama (For single men)
    -Old Cartegena, Columbia (Married couples)

Best Beach:
    -Bimini, by far. The beaches here are spectacular. With a cigar and cold beers...I could die out there. Perfect place to take a lady to romance her if your in South Florida. If you like ocean fishing, you can't beat it. Go sometime before Thanksgiving, to beat the snowbirds, preferably the first two weeks of November. Prices are super cheap and you'll have the island, casino, etc all to yourself.

Expensive, but worth the price:
    -Bahrain. I lived there for a year and a half. This can get pricy, but it worth every penny. Luxury....Luxury...Luxury. They had something like Uber eats there before it became a thing here in the states. Arabs are lazy and abhor manual labor or going out in the heat. Literally everying comes with service. The food is amazing. Some of best chefs in world cook in the 5-star restaurants there. Weekend bunches are a staple thoughout the country. Street food isn't bad either. The juices and fruit are to die for. The Bahraini's are pretty cool and westernized to an extent. Best time to visit, either right before or right after Ramadan. Bahrain 🇧🇭 is the Las Vegas of the Middle East. Visiting will be an eye opener on how different Western culture is verses Arabic Culture. Exchange rate is about 2.5 diners to 1 U.S. Dollar. Once you learn the island, you will find really good deals on jewerly, pearls, gold, rugs and furniture. Alcohol consumption is legal at hotel bars and the drinks are notoriously strong....put your big boy pants on. Hookah is a way of life there and there is no better place to smoke it.

Expensive, but a waste of time:
    -Guam. Been there twice. Never want to go back. Ever.
    -Caymen Islands. Save your money and go vist to Bimini, Jamaica or Cuba.
    Panama just seems dreadfully BORING to me. I loved, loved, loved Guatemala 🇬🇹 and Nicaragua interests me as well. Can you tell me what you loved about Panama outside of what you previously mentioned?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Love International travel.
    ... Been to Germany, Cuba, Mexico, Belgium.

Had plans in 2021 to go to Angola but visa and COVID restrictions cancelled that.
    Wow, Angola!? You must be rich, LOL! Luanda is supposed to be the most expensive place in the world. What was your itinerary?

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Panama just seems dreadfully BORING to me. I loved, loved, loved Guatemala 🇬🇹 and Nicaragua interests me as well. Can you tell me what you loved about Panama outside of what you previously mentioned?

You can be a compete nerd during the day, then get real loose at night.

It's a young single man's destination. Just south of the border...cheap flights....cheap logistics....memorable experiences.

Big disclaimer, I was a history major in college. The history of Panama is very intriguing to me. The historical tours offered are really good. Ancient natives to Pirate wars to Manual Noreiga, it's very intriguing. I remember being upset that my boss wanted all the ships officers to go on this all day historical tour with him. My mind was already sitting at the damn bar....but I did it anyway. Boy, I enjoyed the hell out of the tour. I saw ancient native history, colonized history, canal history, Noriega's house and we finished the day off at a Brazilian Steakhouse with glasses of red wine....worth every damn penny.

They also have plenty of tours in the forest, ziplining, etc. All of that is pretty typical of Central and South American countries tho.

Visiting the canals are nice. At this point, I've sailed through the locks so many times it's old to me, but it's always interesting to see the look on people's faces when they see a ship go through for the first time. The Canals are worth a sober days visit tho...Panama can get pretty warm and you'll be outside.

Outside of history, the nightlife in Panama is really good. As a young man, I swear I thought I saw Beyonce's twin sister down there. That said, the number of Blacks there blew me away as a young man. Everyone assumed I spoke Spanish, until I opened my mouth and they heard my slow southern accent. Those folks could have easily been distant cousins and that experience really ushered me along this journey that I'm on now. The food is better then you might imagine, it about average when compared to other countries. Berthing is about average, albeit I NEVER stayed in hotel room all day and was only there when I passed out....hint...hint. Panama is an out-and-about type of destination. No all-inclusives. No hiding behind a gated fence or property, etc.There is plenty to do there, but you won't find it on some brochure.

Panama is not a "beach" country. There are beaches there but they suck, especially the Caribbean side (avoid the Caribbean side...its trash). If your looking for a place to party on budget, you won't beat Balboa/Panama City. A young single man can stretch the hell out of a dollar there. Whatever your soul deserves, if you have the money you can get it, good, bad, ugly or anywhere in between. It reminds me of Thailand but not on that sort of Satanic of a level.

Everyone that visits Panama needs to go downtown to the Casino. It's popping. Dance clubs are all over the place. It's a party town. Not so much a beach, fishing town. It's a single guys, bro-cation destination. Leave the sand at the beach....

Best practices. Bargain with a taxi driver and get them to be your personal chaperone for your stays. $40-50 bucks may do it for a few days and its worth it. If you pay a little more, the drivers will surely take REAL good care of you, that was my MO. Personal drivers will keep you safe, especially if your hammered. Safety in Panama is about average when compared to other south and central American countries. Just don't be a stupid tourist asking to get robbed. I'm pretty tall and big so I can travel alone with no issues. Traveling in two's is preferred tho. Either way a personal driver is key.

3-5 day stay is about right, with 5 days being the max.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I think it's safe to say none of us can touch your list Bro !
    Hmmm.... blackmancigar lol....I wouldn't be so quick with that, but 1. yes, its a very impressive list. 2. Its not a contest. (not saying you are saying that) and I have ultimate respect for those that have only been a few places and even those that haven't been overseas. I look at the person. I've met some straight out a-holes that have been to 50 countries. Unfortunately travel doesn't always improve people. I'd take one of my day ones from the crib who has never left the neighborhood over some people who have a lot of stamps in their passport.

International travel takes two things happening at the same time: time and money. And those two siblings rarely get along.

On a side note, there are ways to get around it to some extent. And it would be a great side conversation (at the risk of hijacking Marcel's thread, apologies).

Credit cards geared towards travel. I've ridden for next to nothing with accumulated points. Chase has a couple really good credit cards for that (Freedom, Sapphire, etc.
    Capital One as well. If you can get it, Amex either gold or platinum have fantastic benefits.
    There are forums that will tell you of special fares. It could be a Detroit to Berlin fare for $499 as an example. Sometimes its cheaper to fly from LA to Costa Rica than it is from LA to Detroit.
    If you are willing to make mulitple spots rather than non stop.
    Sometimes flying from a different airport from a different airline. For example. 20 minutes from Dubai airport is a city called Sharjah. You can fly out of there for cheaper and a cheaper airline of about 30% less. Or you fly out of Gatwick instead of Heathrow in London (or rather outside of London). Gatwick airport (owned by a Nigerian as well, yes a Brrtish airport is owned by a black man).
    Buying a ticket well in advance. Flying in the off season. Some places have a 'tourist season' where the prices are high. You fly off season and it can be d@mn near 50% off some times.
    Holiday travel is always going to be expensive.
    There are some very good black online travel clubs. Facebook has a few good ones. Some have travel buddies you can go along with someone, great for ladies who are worried about their safety.
    Finally, I join every single airlines travel club. Even if I will likely not use them again. Airlines often merge and you may get your points transferred. Airlines join a group of other airlines for a mega club.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm afraid to fly so what's a brother to do :( I'll be taking a boat to as many as I can lol.
    Cruises, especially ones that stay dock at a destination for multiple days, are a good option. That being said, you should know that statistically speaking, flying is the safest mode of transportation in human history invented thus far.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I'm afraid to fly so what's a brother to do :( I'll be taking a boat to as many as I can lol.
    Two options off the top of my head. Central and South America by bus mainly, train when you can. By ship (Cruise) to the Caribbean and you can get to the South American continent by ship as well. Europe and Asia are out unless you can find some way by ship.

Nat Turner

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Cruises, especially ones that stay dock at a destination for multiple days, are a good option. That being said, you should know that statistically speaking, flying is the safest mode of transportation in human history invented thus far.
    Well said, sir!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I currently don't have a bucket list😔. I think it has to do with my focus at this point on my life timeline. Building my economic base is all I can conceptualize. Perhaps I'll sit and try to come up with a list.
    You don't need one. Focus on doing righteous things, treating your loved ones right & passing our true history & knowledge down to future generations, so we can turn this MADNESS around!

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

Bahamas 🇧🇸
    Canada 🇨🇦
    St. Maarten 🇸🇽
    Puerto Rico 🇵🇷
    Kenya 🇰🇪
    Brazil 🇧🇷
    Spain 🇪🇸
    Mexico 🇲🇽
    Nigeria 🇳🇬
    Guatemala 🇬🇹
    Colombia 🇨🇴
    Haiti 🇭🇹
    India 🇮🇳
    Egypt 🇪🇬
    Sudan 🇸🇩
    Ethiopia 🇪🇹
    Ghana 🇬🇭

Ireland is good idea Marcel. When you get there ask them about The Troubles. Interesting history there. Of course really they all are. Not personally a big travel person myself.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I currently don't have a bucket list😔. I think it has to do with my focus at this point on my life timeline. Building my economic base is all I can conceptualize. Perhaps I'll sit and try to come up with a list.
    Trust me I'll, I can currently only window shop travel myself until I get back on my feet 😔. I have literally spent hours just viewing photos of Senegal 🇸🇳, Nicaragua 🇳🇮, The Philippines 🇵🇭, and Martinique 🇲🇶.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have been to Italy and Jamaica as well as Mexico and Canada. That is about it. I don't know if I have a desire to go anywhere else, especially not after 2020 and all the BS they put people through. I just need to be rich enough to afford a private jet haha