Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Anyone here want to make movies or even act?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
I'm big into movies and TV and always wanted to make movies of my own. But I never pushed forward for that kind of career. But I'm curious to know if anyone here was or is interested in making movies like directing or producing. Maybe even acting. Are you interested in doing either?

Is anyone here an actor of film maker?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wanted to be an actress when I was younger. I was part of my school's theater and everything. As I got older, I stopped being interested. I didn't want to be the center of attention. I didn't like people knowing me that much. I wanted to blend in more.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm big into movies and TV and always wanted to make movies of my own. But I never pushed forward for that kind of career. But I'm curious to know if anyone here was or is interested in making movies like directing or producing. Maybe even acting. Are you interested in doing either?

I once had a tremendous interest in acting & am very much desirous of writing & developing several ideas. At this moment in time I am More interested in writing.

D

Deleted member 1475

I wasn't ever really interested in acting, producing or directing movies but after watching less cartoons and more live action shows like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul I'm starting to think about either making movies or acting in them, or both. Not that I'd say that I'm an amazing actor since I've never tried it but I think it would be something cool to do.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wanted to be an actress when I was younger. I was part of my school's theater and everything. As I got older, I stopped being interested. I didn't want to be the center of attention. I didn't like people knowing me that much. I wanted to blend in more.
    I wanted to be an actor when I was 14. I changed my mind later on. Even if I were to pursue acting, I would not want to be apart of hollyweird.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I do! I was in Big Momma's House. LOL an extra in the choir scenes. I still get residuals
    Commercials give residuals too!
    How did it feel taking part in a big production such as that movie? The cameras, the directing, etc. Was it surreal?

Paid1nFull

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

After watching Atlanta season 4, I believe I can make something better and funnier.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How did it feel taking part in a big production such as that movie? The cameras, the directing, etc. Was it surreal?
    I was with friends, they hired our entire church choir. It was super fun.. Cedric the entertainer had everyone in stitches the entire time. We were not allowed to make eye contact or talk to Martin Lawrence. I later found out that it was his production company and he had so much pressure on him that he needed not to be distracted. We thought he was being an a Ho. We didn’t know!

Prior to that my daughter was in Poetic Justice, she played Tupac’s daughter, THAT was a huge production and her being one of the scripted actors, wow, it was surreal, the entire process from auditioning to everything!! She had her own little trailer, security, everything! being around Tupac and Janet Jackson, just wow y’all. We still talk about that experience.

She also did These Three Words music video with Stevie Wonder. That was a night shoot because Stevie Wonder works on his own clock for the most part. I was super upset because my baby was working at night and we didn’t wrap until 2am! Girlfriend was falling asleep and everything but Stevie was amazing to us.. I don’t think he knew what time it was 🥴🤣

I would love to get the hook up to do extra work and commercials! Anybody have the hook up.. let me know please!

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When I was younger I really wanted to be an actor. I remember my best friend's older sister attempted to make a amateur horror film and she had me play one of the victims... She stopped working on the project after losing interest. :V Now days I wouldn't want to be in anything, I don't want that attention and plus I'm shy anyways.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want to write screenplays, but I want to do so many things :) I feel like, the half has not been told .. Leave it to Hollywood, the real history will never get told. Nevermind their agenda .. Its up to us ...

Those white women doing the Woman King was to push an agenda .. Imo, they wanted to get across that there were African slavers, trying to absolve their conscience ...

I know a guy who writes and acts, so if I decided to pursue, he would be my first go to ...

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    If I was a multi billionaire, I'd be a producer. So many stories I want to be made. I would love to have a series of high quality, similar to Vikings and Rome and have based on the Moor invasion and take over of Spain, Sicily, etc.

Its a great story and Hollywood will never, ever, ever make it for obvious reasons. Black people defeating white folks.
    There are other stories as well. I want successful slave revolts told. One is the slave ship The Creole that was traveling along the east coast towards New Orleans and they revolted and took the ship to British Virgin Islands I think which was free and got their freedom. Shockingly, 5 of them chose to stay on the ship and not go to freedom and went eventually into slavery in New Orleans. I'd love that story to be told.

I would also like to do a story on the Maroon rebellion in Jamaica as well. As well as other successful rebellions in Brazil.

I want an alternate universe tv series. Hannibal won and took over the Roman Empire and Africa are the subjugators of Europe and we do all the gully ish to them...haha

I have some racial/religious themed alien movie idea as well. If I had Elon Musk type of money, I'd buy back BET and make it woke AF.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I was curious about acting and what it took, but I don't think I could ever handle acting. To be truly good, you need to be a pro at keeping a straight face. I would be laughing all the time if I was in any movie, even if it was a dark horror movie or something. I'd still laugh about the mistakes I make during it and I doubt I could keep a straight face long enough.

I think for me it'd be about anxiety and attempting to act. And the thoughts of "will people see this", "will they make fun of me for it", "was this the wrong decision?" Etc.

But I think being behind the camera would be a lot of fun, and would love to give it a try one day.