Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Apple Vision Pro

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

This looks nice and all, but for $3500, its just a fully immersive tablet. Or am I missing something?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

This looks nice and all, but for $3500, its just a fully immersive tablet. Or am I missing something?
    You’re not missing anything it looks like a good glimpse of the future but not much more in the interim. It’s one of those things you’ll see at someone’s house that got a lot of gadgets.

I don’t really see the utility today but when it evolves and gets smaller it’ll be dope to
    Be in a grocery store and it scans the item you’re looking at and gives you competitive pricing.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You’re not missing anything it looks like a good glimpse of the future but not much more in the interim. It’s one of those things you’ll see at someone’s house that got a lot of gadgets.

I don’t really see the utility today but when it evolves and gets smaller it’ll be dope to
    Be in a grocery store and it scans the item you’re looking at and gives you competitive pricing.
    that's funny. you think you'll still going to a brick and mortar store to buy groceries in the future? lol.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    that's funny. you think you'll still going to a brick and mortar store to buy groceries in the future? lol.
    I think so especially in the near future. Just like broadband isn’t available everywhere automated delivery systems won’t be either.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

I believe this will end up like the watch where Apple’s use cases and assumed target market aren’t the ones that will make the product viable financially. If you remember, Apple Watch began as a device that athletes and fashionistas were supposed to gravitate toward equally with solid gold cases and fitness centric bands so everyone could make it their own.

What resulted was tech nerds and fitness people being the adopters while the snooty folks that Apple targeted stuck to their Tag Heuer and Breitlings. Who will be the demo that gives this device purpose? If there is one we will find out.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would love to know Apple’s strategy with this device because the price to me ensures that this will flop. But let’s say they have 100k unit sales first year baked into the financial model with expected ROI in 5 - 10 years then we may see them play keep reiterating it to success.

I believe a smaller less goofy format at a cheaper price would make this a no brained for most techies. It’ll end up being the next Apple Watch and eventually replace most of their computing lineup.

Oh, Black Mirror in real life?
    I was saying this while watching it. The future is h

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    There was no killer app shown for the device. I can’t write it off but I didn’t see anything worth $3500. Developers will have to make it something worth buying.
    My thoughts too. It looks cool though and the features of being able to see people when they come into your vision is clutch.