The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Are Ice Cream Dates Low Effort?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I was on the Go Girl Podcast to debate if Ice Cream dates are lazy. Her opinion was if a man wants to take you on an Ice Cream date that women should decline because it is a sign that he is not into you and not willing to make an effort.

My stance was that you can’t gauge a man’s interest off the type of date because. a man of means will take you on a fancy date and have no intention other than sex.

What are your thoughts?

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa

I was on the Go Girl Podcast to debate if Ice Cream dates are lazy. Her opinion was if a man wants to take you on an Ice Cream date that women should decline because it is a sign that he is not into you and not willing to make an effort.

My stance was that you can’t gauge a man’s interest off the type of date because. a man of means will take you on a fancy date and have no intention other than sex.

What are your thoughts?
    I would have accepted the ice cream date. Men and women these days are allowing the internet to dictate what an appropriate date is. Who would turn down sweet ice cream on a warm day?🤷🏽‍♀️

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    I would have accepted the ice cream date. Men and women these days are allowing the internet to dictate what an appropriate date is. Who would turn down sweet ice cream on a warm day?🤷🏽‍♀️
    Apparently the bird brain on the bottom. The biggest fuck boys are always going the extra mile with their tax returns. Everything that glitters is not gold especially if it’s a grill.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Apparently the bird brain on the bottom. The biggest fuck boys are always going the extra mile with their tax returns. Everything that glitters is not gold especially if it’s a grill.
    comment section meme13.jpg

She got that bird in her.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    There are a lot of women who only want to go on expensive first dates so they can eat well and bring home a doggy bag. Women go on dates with guys they aren't interested in all the time.

I've done a 'Starbucks' initial meet up to see if me and the woman vibe. If we do, its a nice formal date next. Depends.

There is no concrete, this date, that date means that. Its the people. The character of both of them. If you are in the dating game long enough you can spot certain types pretty much right away. You can learn that from an ice cream date as much as you can from an expensive dinner at the Waldorf.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    If its just about getting to know each other and possibly enjoying each other's company, then what is wrong with a low stakes, coffee/slice of pizza/ice cream date? Chances are, if you take a girl to a NICE dinner you'll both be too full to have sex anyway......typically, we going stag until its determined that its not just a platonic situation.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If its just about getting to know each other and possibly enjoying each other's company, then what is wrong with a low stakes, coffee/slice of pizza/ice cream date? Chances are, if you take a girl to a NICE dinner you'll both be too full to have sex anyway......typically, we going stag until its determined that its not just a platonic situation.
    Because she sees a date as an opportunity to come up on a dinner rather than an opportunity to get to know someone.

ShermX69X

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

What are your thoughts?
    If you are looking for something serious No, they are not. Standard get to know you time and to ask more detailed questions face to face so there are no misconceptions. If things are going well, I have offered to take her to lunch. all good then comes the second date, I would be planning something fun and lunch or dinner. Had a girl use me for free food and I NEVER let that happen again. When I a person wants to move too fast it's a big red flag, they just want to use you.

My wife thought I was an a-hole when she first met me.

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you are looking for something serious No, they are not. Standard get to know you time and to ask more detailed questions face to face so there are no misconceptions. If things are going well, I have offered to take her to lunch. all good then comes the second date, I would be planning something fun and lunch or dinner. Had a girl use me for free food and I NEVER let that happen again. When I a person wants to move too fast it's a big red flag, they just want to use you.

When I was in my early 20’s I took advantage of every free lunch or dinner that came my way. I didn’t learn until my heart was broken by a crush that only used me for sex. It didnt set on me right away but when it did I felt sorry for the guys I used.

D

Deleted member 1946

First impressions can be wrong, but I do think that a small date should be the first date because it will weed certain people out. What I mean is that those people who think a man is supposed to spend a huge amount of money on a first date.

D

Deleted member 1946

Because she sees a date as an opportunity to come up on a dinner rather than an opportunity to get to know someone.
    Exactly. She gets free stuff while pretending to like you. But ice cream is not anywhere as high as going to a nice restaurant so even if the woman uses the man, it is only a small amount of money he lost. This is one reason why some men take their woman on a date to a park or somewhere that does not have food.

D

Deleted member 1946

I haven't watched the video yet but personally, Ice Cream dates were always cute to me. It's a low expectation outing. What I mean by low expectation is that it provides a better opportunity to just "BE" and get to know them. My view on more expensive dates has always been there is an agenda or some kind of outcome expected.
    Yep. That man wants some of that kitty cat when he takes a woman to a very nice restaurant.

D

Deleted member 1946

Sensible post. I have seen so many videos where women have said that a man needs to take them to a nice restaurant on the first date.

D

Deleted member 1946

There are a lot of women who only want to go on expensive first dates so they can eat well and bring home a doggy bag. Women go on dates with guys they aren't interested in all the time.

I've done a 'Starbucks' initial meet up to see if me and the woman vibe. If we do, its a nice formal date next. Depends.

There is no concrete, this date, that date means that. Its the people. The character of both of them. If you are in the dating game long enough you can spot certain types pretty much right away. You can learn that from an ice cream date as much as you can from an expensive dinner at the Waldorf.
    Makes sense to me.

D

Deleted member 1946

What are your thoughts?
    I agree with you Jay since a small date is a way to see where the other person is coming from. Women who seemed to be turned off by having a date like this will not be a good match for the man anyways.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Women are becoming too damn demanding and toxic. Is it any wonder why men don't want to settle down anymore? Who would? Who you going to think that an ice cream date isn't good enough? Like so many women expect some sort of $5000 meal from some dude... If he is spending that kind of cash he is just looking to smash. Dudes that want to get to know YOU and appreciate YOU invest in YOU. Not some fancy restaurant.