Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Are most cryptocurrencies and NFTs scams?

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
I am very hesitant to invest in crypto or NFTs for that matter, or anything to do with the blockchain. I've been hearing nothing but bad news, and some news about possible scams being done by influencers and celebs. They will usually invest themselves and then cash out soon after, leaving the people who invested with nothing.

Every new currency that drops, I automatically think it's some get rich quick scheme for the people starting it, and once it fails, they go dark or completely ignore people who ask about it. Kind of like that Save the Children crypto that came out last year, where the people behind it invested, cashed out and dipped.

Now you got one of the Paul brothers being outed for setting up a couple cryptocurrencies and never delivering on them.

I wouldn't mind learning to invest in crypto, but the risks seem to outweigh the rewards these days, especially when a lot of them turn out to be money grab scams. What do you think though? Are you suspicious about most of the cryptocurrencies/NFTs, etc out there?

zBucks
With how things are going these days, it sounds like it's a possibility. There looks to be new cryptocurrencies coming out daily, to the point where you never know what to trust as real.

Which is why I don't invest into anything when it starts, especially crypto/nft junk. I'd rather wait and see to make sure it's legit, before I invest anything.

But, I don't see myself investing in any. I don't know enough on crypto and nfts to make the jump.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most projects are get rich quick schemes and regardless if they are a legit project many investors are looking to get rich quick. We’re also in a brutal bear market which isn’t favorable for solid projects, most projects working with a seasoned marketing firm is probably being told not to launch right now. With that said, theres still quality projects and ways to help sniff out fakes. Example: tokensniffer.com you can see fees, liquidity, and if the contract is renounced. Those stop the most common scams like honeypots and rug pulls but even that doesn’t mean a project is completely safe. Just always remember to only invest what you can afford to lose.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't know enough on crypto in general to get involved. I believe there are a lot of bad apples out there who will instead use services to their advantage. But there's legit services too.

I still wouldn't be comfortable enough to invest, even in the good ones. Not because of any fear of scams, but more to do with me not having enough knowledge. I would need to educate myself on all of it before I made that move.

OgunFist

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean