Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Are there any programmers here?

ajlamothe

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Hey,
I'd like to know if there are any other programmers/web developers here. If so, what's your preferred languages? I like to use, or learn, any language that gets the job done. Making use of various programming languages also gives us a chance to expand our perspectives on development. I'm looking forward to hearing from others who develop software or those who view themselves as hobbyists!

ajlamothe

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Programming isn't one of my strongest suits and it's why I have been avoiding it for years. But I'm recently trying to get myself into it by taking some online courses on Udemy and see how I build up on the project. If it goes well, I'm going to explore more options on it.
Hey, I apologize for the late reply!

You should definitely start working on some level of programming, even if its dealing with script. Dealing with scripting like BASH and PowerShell can give you a taste of the thought process required to get into full-on programming. There are so many free resources out there that you can use to learn the craft and make money. Just today, I saw the Meta is trying to get people into programming. I was shocked when I saw the terms "front-end" and "back-end" as learning tracks.

I see you're using Udemy. If you're looking for a productive replacement for Netflix, sign up for Udemy's monthly service. I think its like $25.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hey, I apologize for the late reply!

You should definitely start working on some level of programming, even if its dealing with script. Dealing with scripting like BASH and PowerShell can give you a taste of the thought process required to get into full-on programming. There are so many free resources out there that you can use to learn the craft and make money. Just today, I saw the Meta is trying to get people into programming. I was shocked when I saw the terms "front-end" and "back-end" as learning tracks.

I see you're using Udemy. If you're looking for a productive replacement for Netflix, sign up for Udemy's monthly service. I think its like $25.
    I used to be proficient in PHP about 15 years ago but now I barely remember markup. I started to refresh a bit when I created 6ZEROS but now I rather outsource and manage. I know enough to if you try to screw me over I can point it out.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I like to program occasionally, I'm not the best as writing my own code however. I do better when it comes to modifying existing code. My go to language is usually Python, it's super easy to pick up on if you're wanting to learn programming. I highly recommend checking out sites like W3Schools since it's free and is a great way to learn programming.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I fall into the same boat, I "occasionally", very rarely do some BASH scripting at work, but I don't have as much time now ... My last abandoned project, I started on a copy and paste Solidity code, trying to do flash loans on remix.ethereum.org ... I don't have a lot of time for our nowadays, but I have to get motivated through a project I'm really interested in ... I've never been able to drill down, what would be a major coding project/software build that can help our people. Would it be some type of financial generator (that's where I was going with the flash loan concept) ... .. I started tinkering with RASA platform, trying to build a chatbot, another project quickly abandoned :) .. I have an interest in ML, but I never put any study into it... Also, I think it would be cool to build a "black metamask" ie a unified black identity on the web, if y'all are familiar with crypto ... I had time in my younger days, now, not so much :)

ajlamothe

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I like to program occasionally, I'm not the best as writing my own code however. I do better when it comes to modifying existing code. My go to language is usually Python, it's super easy to pick up on if you're wanting to learn programming. I highly recommend checking out sites like W3Schools since it's free and is a great way to learn programming.
    Modifying existing code is a great way to start building your foundation in whatever language. I've heard all kinds of new money-making possibilities with Python. If you like using Python that much, I'll take another look at it. Back when was strictly Visual Basic and C#, I tried Python for about 30 min and said "nah". LOL. Now that people moving into data science with Python, there's even more of a reason to jump in.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask but I've been trying to talk some relatives into going into tech. Anyway, a few are interested in Cyber Security and want to know where to start? Sites, route to take, what certs? They want to work remote. Any help? I'm curious as well.