The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Are You Celebrating Christmas?

SmileyO

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Nah I don't celebrate it I just decided that we all have our own paths to follow and our own journeys to complete we may not all want or see the world the same but our Blackness connects us that's why we say Black First! I don't care what the next Black man or woman believes or how they live their lives are you ON CODE is the measure. Y'all Enjoy the time with family and friends don't forget Dr. Clarke's Birthday is January 1st! Arutituse! And B1✊🏿
Omar vs Santa
View attachment 5870
What Santa clause

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Family should ALWAYS celebrate each other & it shouldn't take a pagan holiday to do it. Everyday the Most High awakens you, is a celebration. 🙏🏽❤️🙏🏽
    For sure. If we view day to day life this way, we not only become stronger ourselves, but our family becomes strong and as a collective, our people. We need to reinstate family values, strength, etc. to overcome the forces against us.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The lord doesn't like when you celebrate Christmas or something?
    Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel. Thus says the Lord: “Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, For the Gentiles are dismayed at them. For the customs of the peoples are futile; For one cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple. They are upright, like a palm tree, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them, For they cannot do evil, Nor can they do any good.”
    Jeremiah 10:1‭-‬5 NKJV

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't celebrate Christmas because it is a pagan holiday. It was created by what you now call the white man. Gentiles by another name.
    I know people say you are not worshipping anything but in fact you are worshipping a tree. Everytime you reach under a tree to grab a gift you are bowing down in front of that tree.

From a socio-economic perspective this Folly day
    Serves as an economic detriment to the populace. People save their money all year just to spend it all in one month. Then you have to wait until the following year of income taxes to recupe your losses. This practice destroys our people spritually and economically. Definitely not celebrating it.

I choose to follow the true Holy days of God.

Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel. Thus says the Lord: “Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, For the Gentiles are dismayed at them. For the customs of the peoples are futile; For one cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple. They are upright, like a palm tree, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them, For they cannot do evil, Nor can they do any good.”
    Jeremiah 10:1‭-‬5 NKJV

20221112_092445.jpg

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    For sure. If we view day to day life this way, we not only become stronger ourselves, but our family becomes strong and as a collective, our people. We need to reinstate family values, strength, etc. to overcome the forces against us.
    Indeed sister. Truth to power in your words. True indeed sis.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Accomplishing personal and family goals should feel like a holiday and should happen way more frequently.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Christmas is not a part of my religious beliefs as a Muslim. I do celebrate Kwanzaa as a part of our cultural expression and I will be observing Arutisuse as well. Any chance to raise the cultural vibration in our community should be embraced.
    Absolutely 💯 %, 24-7, 365 days a year & Twice On Sundays. 1671954781121.png

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Happy birthday baby Jesus. I don't celebrate but, I do like waiting for the after Christmas sales.
    After the new year is when I buy everything, because everything is 50% off.
    School supplies, birthday gifts, anniversary gifts, clothing, appliances, etc.
    My Mom taught me this when I was young.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    law and order crazy shit GIF
    Man this is a toughie subject!My wife is crime Guyana and this is a big time of the year for them as a culture and Boxing.Me on the other hand I like to creat my own traditions.Long story short this was a fight that lasted for years.I don’t fuck with Pagan holidays.I love this woman had three kids with her so it’s one of them Unresolved issues
    Man I’d go with the pagan holiday if it means I get a good woman out of it.